W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Hello, I plan to jump from about 207 feet into a river. Something has got me a little scared of the consequences. How high do you think the chances of long-term effects are if I don't make it? By this I mean brain damage and/or paralysis.

Happyfacade

Happyfacade

Nov 28, 2023
Hello, I plan to jump from about 207 feet into a river
Since you're jumping from 207 feet, I don't think you'll die on impact but it will for sure break a few bones most probably the ribcage, you'll die for sure if you're not rescued within 2-4 minutes. Punctured lungs, probably broken legs and drowning at the same time is a pretty horrendous way to go. Do you really want to go that way?? Hope you've considered recovery first...

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I want to jump too, but it's scary af!! The fall has got to be terrifying; Im scared of the pain at impact, and drowning sounds like a horrible way to die. I am trying to work up the courage though.

The recommendation I've read for a jump into water is a minimum of 250ft, so I'd be worried about survival at 207ft. The golden gate is about 245ft and there have been survivors there.

Hurtstomuch.

Hurtstomuch.

Feb 13, 2020
I'm getting to a point off having to reconsider my method of partial as I just can't seem to get it right and my only other option is jumping, although the thought of the jump freaks me out and SI will kick in massively.
The dying part I'm OK with and I've come to terms with, it's the actual fall I can't deal with.
But then I think, seconds of bravery and then I can be free from myself, my feelings, this world. It has to be worth it right?
Anyway, I agree with the recommendation Lostindespair3 says above.
I wish you the best ❤️

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I'm getting to a point off having to reconsider my method of partial as I just can't seem to get it right and my only other option is jumping, although the thought of the jump freaks me out and SI will kick in massively.
The dying part I'm OK with and I've come to terms with, it's the actual fall I can't deal with.
But then I think, seconds of bravery and then I can be free from myself, my feelings, this world. It has to be worth it right?
Anyway, I agree with the recommendation Lostindespair3 says above.
I wish you the best ❤️
Ugh me too! I've been watching videos and looking at pics on google maps of the bridge I want to jump from (it's 2 hrs away so I haven't gone yet), and it's so f-ing frightening looking down…and they are just vids!! 600ft makes for a long way down. I want to die, but I'm not confident I can make the leap!

Reactions: Hurtstomuch.
W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Since you're jumping from 207 feet, I don't think you'll die on impact but it will for sure break a few bones most probably the ribcage, you'll die for sure if you're not rescued within 2-4 minutes. Punctured lungs, probably broken legs and drowning at the same time is a pretty horrendous way to go. Do you really want to go that way?? Hope you've considered recovery first...
thank you for the precaution friend. i believe there is no recovery for me. plus, i doubt i'll process the pain.