B

Booman

Aug 30, 2024
I hate my body, face, and brain. All I can think about is rerolling life. The west is brutal and my stats are low.
With that being said, I'm planning to go out via hanging.

I've been looking into NDEs on youtube an such and most appear to say the same message being that the body is a vessel for your consciousness and once the body can't carry this consciousness you venture off into a tunnel with a light at the end.

• Love
Reactions: ctbusser, Tonkpils, sorrowful and 4 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I've looked into NDE's as well. It's usually pretty interesting stuff.

Wishing you relief and peace, keep us updated if you'd like.<3

Reactions: nasigoreng99, greenblood, badtothebone and 2 others
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
ive read and seen allot of thing on near death experiences.
there are lots of them on youtube, but i find the site im going to link below fascinating.
It was created by a medical doctor who has since wriiten allot about NDEs, and the site has compiled thousand of near death experiences going back years and years
i am in no way associated with that site, or trying to promote it, i just find it fascinating how much allot of these experiences, from thousands of miles and decades apart have in common.
really makes you wonder
https://www.nderf.org/

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful, badtothebone, deathsisarelief and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe in such, I believe death to simply be nothing more than an dreamless, eternal sleep where all is forgotten about and there is no more suffering, I only hope for nothingness, I only wish to rest, I just wish to be permanently unconscious, I'd never wish for something as cruel and torturous as existence, having the ability to exist has only ever brought me pain.

• Love
Reactions: pleaseiwanttogo, nasigoreng99, Bobert_Beniro and 5 others
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
NDEs are intriguing and might suggest that a form of non-local awareness (i.e. a soul) persists after death. Personally, given the failure of closed individualism, the vertiginous question, etc., I think that either open individualism or substance dualism is true. I lean toward OI because of its parsimony. I find it likely that a form of "reincarnation" is true; in the case of OI, it would be non-sequential. I hope that eternal oblivion or a blissful existence of pure awareness awaits us, but alas, I don't find that very plausible.

Reactions: badtothebone, CantDoIt, Booman and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
NDEs are intriguing and might suggest that a form of non-local awareness (i.e. a soul) persists after death. Personally, given the failure of closed individualism, the vertiginous question, etc., I think that either open individualism or substance dualism is true. I lean toward OI because of its parsimony. I find it likely that a form of "reincarnation" is true; in the case of OI, it would be non-sequential. I hope that eternal oblivion or a blissful existence of pure awareness awaits us, but alas, I don't find that very plausible.
I would like to know more about how close individualism fails and why, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: badtothebone and Booman
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
My near death experiences have all involved oblivion. Non existence. No consciousness to be aware of what was happening. I simply ceased to be. And I find that comforting.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nasigoreng99, Joarga, Jon Arbuckle and 3 others
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Cats like boxes and will choose to sit on square/rectangular shapes. Psychedelics can create geometric visuals. Our brain can create responses to traumatic events, and certainly would think so when the body is signaling it is under threat or dying. Not unlike when people say they saw their life flash before their eyes before a crash or some other bodily threat. I personally do not believe in any afterlife, when the lights go out, they go out. I look forward to that oblivion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pleaseiwanttogo, nasigoreng99, badtothebone and 1 other person
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I would like to know more about how close individualism fails and why, if you don't mind me asking?
It fails because there is no discernible identity carrier, neither in biology nor in physics. We are beings in constant flux from birth to death.
Anyway, I've changed my views since I wrote that, I no longer think reincarnation is most likely.

Reactions: badtothebone, Booman and CantDoIt
L

legoshi

Sep 3, 2024
My near death experiences have all involved oblivion. Non existence. No consciousness to be aware of what was happening. I simply ceased to be. And I find that comforting.
That's how I hope it is, when it's over it's over.

Reactions: nasigoreng99, badtothebone, Booman and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
It fails because there is no discernible identity carrier, neither in biology nor in physics. We are beings in constant flux from birth to death.
Anyway, I've changed my views since I wrote that, I no longer think reincarnation is most likely.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you believe to be the most likely?

Reactions: badtothebone and Booman
L

legoshi

Sep 3, 2024
Same, above all I wish for eternal oblivion.
Another option I would enjoy is maybe we create our own world. Where we are happy, loved, enjoy ourselves and have the perfect life we envision. Kind of like the end of interstellar, eternity is our most beautiful dream.

Reactions: voudebase, badtothebone, Booman and 1 other person
Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
I've read a lot of NDEs, and watched many youtube videos from people who claim to have had NDEs, and I don't find it believable. Many of the stories are wildly different from each other. Some go to Christian hell or meet jesus, some are New Agey with life reviews, some even claim the afterlife is just them living in a house with their deceased relatives, eating dinner and living normally. Some of them contradict their own belief system, for example, the ones about the Christian hell are often weird and contradict the bible.

Some are from people who committed suicide, and some of them say they were warned they'd be terribly punished for suicide in the afterlife, while others say they were comforted and told suicides aren't punished.

If the afterlife and NDEs are real, why are so many accounts of NDEs so different from one another?

• Informative
Reactions: nasigoreng99, badtothebone, Booman and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've read a lot of NDEs, and watched many youtube videos from people who claim to have had NDEs, and I don't find it believable. Many of the stories are wildly different from each other. Some go to Christian hell or meet jesus, some are New Agey with life reviews, some even claim the afterlife is just them living in a house with their deceased relatives, eating dinner and living normally. Some of them contradict their own belief system, for example, the ones about the Christian hell are often weird and contradict the bible.

Some are from people who committed suicide, and some of them say they were warned they'd be terribly punished for suicide in the afterlife, while others say they were comforted and told suicides aren't punished.

If the afterlife and NDEs are real, why are so many accounts of NDEs so different from one another?
I'm not spiritual or religious, but maybe if it is real there is no one afterlife. Maybe it is unique for each person. A personalized afterlife based on what you find important.

Reactions: avalonisburning, jar-baby, badtothebone and 1 other person
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Near death experiences are hallucinations. Don't count on experiencing one.

Once your body is dead then consciousness ends. We are no more than our material selves.

Reactions: nasigoreng99, Bobert_Beniro, badtothebone and 2 others
B

Booman

Aug 30, 2024

My theory is people die and go to different planes of existence based on their beliefs in this realm. Like maybe christians send themselves to the hell they believe to be. I believe that belief takes ones so called soul to where it wishes to go.

Reactions: badtothebone
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
If you don't mind me asking, what do you believe to be the most likely?
I don't know what to believe. Empty individualism does not seem tenable, but neither does open individualism because of the problem of order (only one experience can be 'live' at a time for the subject, so what determines the sequence? And how is the notion of a sequence even coherent at all under eternalism?). As I am not a materialist, I don't believe reductionism can account for the experiential self. Frankly, I am frankly driven insane by the uncertainty. It consumes my every waking thought.

Reactions: ctbusser, Booman and CantDoIt
greenblood

greenblood

from God's perspective
Aug 13, 2024
I always thought death felt like sleep paralysis, but you never wake up from this paralysis. You want to move and you can't, you want to talk and you can't, or sometimes in those sleep paralysis you hear voices, like a hallucination.

Every time I have sleep paralysis I feel like I died while sleeping.

Reactions: Booman
eden101

eden101

Student
Aug 12, 2024
nobody knows. we all just believe in what makes us happy: nothingness, somethingness (i know it's not a word lol but you get it) no one knows

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't believe in an afterlife. I think that death is just permanent non existence

Reactions: nasigoreng99, Booman and Bobert_Beniro
assistedsuicidelove

assistedsuicidelove

Sep 6, 2024
I think you shouldn't entertain any people that look like somebody from earth and do t walk into any calming lights. And think of what you want. Maybe start your own universe.

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
I honestly look forward to it and return to primordial form of being.. i look forward to it like to the greatest journey of my life.. i know i'm safe in the arms of love, wisdom and grace & thanks to the clarity of my mind and practice i will continue to author an endless story of love between the Soul and its maker.. Apexing every step of the way.. reducing disparity of form with the Creator of Life itwelf the problem is making decisions and dealing with the echoes of infinity with grace when met w other forces of nature that lack it.

Reactions: Booman and CantDoIt
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
All the best for you my friend
Hope all goes well and you find peace 💛
To the eternal sleep

• Love
C

ctbusser

Sep 10, 2024
Exactly my thoughts. There are so many life's I would not want to live that maybe it's better for me to stay here for as long as possible. At least I have more sense of certainty here.
I don't know what to believe. Empty individualism does not seem tenable, but neither does open individualism because of the problem of order (only one experience can be 'live' at a time for the subject, so what determines the sequence? And how is the notion of a sequence even coherent at all under eternalism?). As I am not a materialist, I don't believe reductionism can account for the experiential self. Frankly, I am frankly driven insane by the uncertainty. It consumes my every waking thought.

justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
Do you remember what is was like before birth? Do we have any evidence it is different after death? Not denying or approving anything …

Last edited:
C

ctbusser

Sep 10, 2024
Do you remember what is was like before birth? Do we have any evidence it is different after death? Not denying or approving anything …
Having no memory doesn't mean there was nothing

justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
Having no memory doesn't mean there was nothing
Do you have any evidence that the simple non-existing state like we were before birth isn't the same when we die? It may be this "I" this mind this body this collection does actually cease to exist like it was before birth - there is no more justamirror at all, but maybe there is something else that endures. Something entirely different. If you just say no memory ... that doesn't really mean anything to me. If all we have is thoughts and ideas those are not concrete to me. I still do not deny or approve of anything. NDEs vary WILDLY person to person - maybe we are truly something nonlocal and something does endure - but maybe its whatever we want and does not have a "strict" path everyone follows. Our universe is so fkin vast (that we know of so far) which gives me the idea anything is possible.

Last edited:
C

ctbusser

Sep 10, 2024
Do you have any evidence that the simple non-existing state like we were before birth isn't the same when we die? It may be this "I" this mind this body this collection does actually cease to exist like it was before birth - there is no more justamirror at all, but maybe there is something else that endures. Something entirely different. If you just say no memory ... that doesn't really mean anything to me. If all we have is thoughts and ideas those are not concrete to me. I still do not deny or approve of anything. NDEs vary WILDLY person to person - maybe we are truly something nonlocal and something does endure - but maybe its whatever we want and does not have a "strict" path everyone follows. Our universe is so fkin vast (that we know of so far) which gives me the idea anything is possible.
I just say that there is a huge probability that we existed in one form or another before this life, just like we may exist after with no memory or connections between them. If you get brain trauma and lose your memory does it mean that you didn't live before that? No, it just means you have lost memory of that. I don't believe that for 14b year infinitely huge universe we just recieve 1 shitty random several decades life on earth

Reactions: Booman and justamirror