3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
I plan to live for a little while, at most another decade, but wondering whether or not I should remain close to my friends. I feel that it's important to me to be very kind and giving to the people that I love and care about, and I would like to be able to support them before I die [be around, be as helpful as I can, make everyone's life as easy as I can] but I worry that would be cruel. Should I perhaps put some distance between us before I CTB? Should I stop speaking to them as I get closer to dying, or should I just offer as much as I can to them up until my last moments? What do you think would make things easiest for them? I'm thinking about reading up on some books about grief to see if I can get a feel for what I can do.

Putting some money together to be sure there's expenses for body disposal, I'll just have it saved up. I'll leave a note for the most important people in my life, and a video for some of them. I'll get rid of all my things beforehand, the things with sentimental value (some of my most important records, my important paintings, my guitar etc.) I'll give away to the people I see fit, and I think that should make things about as easy as possible since there will be nothing else to dispose of. I doubt I'll have much money but I'll probably donate it and give it to the loved ones I think will make good usage of it.

tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
If someone distanced themselves from me and then CTBd after, I'd feel like there might have been something I could've done to help them with their problems while they were still alive. If they were normal and socialized with me as usual, it would be easier to believe that it was a long-term, well thought out decision and that nothing happened to them recently that made them first avoid me and then CTB.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Feb 27, 2024
If someone distanced themselves from me and then CTBd after, I'd feel like there might have been something I could've done to help them with their problems while they were still alive. If they were normal and socialized with me as usual, it would be easier to believe that it was a long-term, well thought out decision and that nothing happened to them recently that made them first avoid me and then CTB.
Had not considered that last part, that it could seem like something happened that made me avoidant toward them which could lead to worse feelings of guilt. This is good to think about. Thank you for you reply.

Reactions: abchia and tary
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Just be you until that day. Don't push people away or feel guilty.
You do not know how long you will be here. You may be here much longer than you expect. Live life as best you can until then.

Reactions: 3/4Dead and abchia
T

tvwowacct

Jun 15, 2024
Idk why but reading this question my brain immediately thought of the penguin from Madagascar saying "just smile and wave,boys".

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Feb 27, 2024
Just be you until that day. Don't push people away or feel guilty.
You do not know how long you will be here. You may be here much longer than you expect. Live life as best you can until then.
This is very true. Thank you.

Idk why but reading this question my brain immediately thought of the penguin from Madagascar saying "just smile and wave,boys".
So accurate, honestly lolol