Solitudeseeker

Solitudeseeker

Jun 3, 2023
hello,i am planning out my cbt in the long run to be completely sure i will be successful. preparing a 20mm jute rope. however i am not sure places in which i could place a noose? our curtain poles wouldn't be able to hold my body weight and our style of doorknob would lead to it slipping off. the help would be greatly appreciated.

ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
There's a certain famous forest in Japan... forests are my pick. Of course, there are many places you could do it from, but my go to would be a forest because of the atmosphere.

Doorknobs are very hit and miss.

Reactions: undecided, Solitudeseeker and MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
There's a certain famous forest in Japan... forests are my pick. Of course, there are many places you could do it from, but my go to would be a forest because of the atmosphere.

I agree. Deep in the woods where no one can find you is the best place. No mess to clean up. No home value lost.

Reactions: Solitudeseeker
Solitudeseeker

Solitudeseeker

Jun 3, 2023

for sure! i haven't thought about this. tysm :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ChiseHatori
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
20mm seems like a very thick rope for hanging - are you sure about this choice?

Most sources suggest that using 10mm is optimal, 8 or 12 is okay. Another one I've read said that it's better to go thinner rather than thicker.

• Love
Reactions: Solitudeseeker
Dr. Henjin

Dr. Henjin

Sep 23, 2023

May I ask why you think doorknobs are hit and miss? Thats my preferred method and I thought it was a pretty safe bet.

Reactions: hermestrimegistus
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
May I ask why you think doorknobs are hit and miss? Thats my preferred method and I thought it was a pretty safe bet.
Well, it's only really a hit in that it's convenient and easy to get to.

Everything else is a detractor... it's hard to do it quickly and efficiently from a lower space, it's thought to be easier from a higher one. It's certainly possible and many people have done it, but if you're slow about it (which is quite possible with a knob) your SI is much more likely to kick in.

There's also the fact that the user above me pointed out, loss of house value, making it a place of trauma etc. - though I know some people wouldn't care about that so much.

Reactions: Dr. Henjin
SSamGarrison

SSamGarrison

Chickens.
Sep 9, 2023
Personally I am planning to use one of the thicker posts/banister of my stairs. I can't speak on the effectiveness of it, though, it just seemed easiest to me.

Solitudeseeker

Solitudeseeker

Jun 3, 2023
20mm seems like a very thick rope for hanging - are you sure about this choice?

Most sources suggest that using 10mm is optimal, 8 or 12 is okay. Another one I've read said that it's better to go thinner rather than thicker.
not too sure? i am a slight bit heavier so i want to make sure it holds me XD