W

whydidthishappen

May 6, 2024
I need to know which kind of gun would be best suited to kill with one shot to the head- Pistol or revolver? I have backup methods in place but the gun is really the most lethal (and violent) I can get my hands on.

Any advice necessary & appreciated.

JaegerCA

JaegerCA

Fk the Marine Corps
Jul 14, 2024
Probably revolver, cause caliber. If you wanna be 100%, .357, but .38 will probably be enough lol

Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, banger12 and whydidthishappen
W

whydidthishappen

May 6, 2024
Probably revolver, cause caliber. If you wanna be 100%, .357, but .38 will probably be enough lol
Thank you. Do you know what the revolver would be used for primarily speaking? Sorry if I'm being a nuisance I can probably just look that up. Just want to make sure I say the right thing when I go to guns and ammo shop.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
If you look up ".357 revolver" (or whatever you're thinking of) you can browse various sites that sell them and then go to that store in person to purchase it.
Do you know what the revolver would be used for primarily speaking?

Like, what they'd ask you why you want it? Home defense, shooting range, want it for your collection, whatever. Answer their questions as honestly as you can, because gun sellers are the ones who stop the overwhelming amount of gun sales, not the background checks. If you've never handled a gun, say as much to them because they'll be able to tell when they hand it to you to hold before the purchase. They're usually pretty friendly, relaxed, and enthusiastic about new gun owners as long as you aren't appearing like you're a psychopath.

As usual with these kinds of threads I always put in this image and recommend at least .45 caliber or higher. 9mm if you know exactly where to aim. This is not representative of all pistol calibers, just the common ones. For example, there are .357 rounds that are much shorter and stubbier than the one in this image (.357 SIG are the ones that are short, about the length of a 9mm bullet but share the same diameter as .357 magnum). Anything below 9mm is a recipe for permanent brain damage and disability.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jon Arbuckle, JealousOfTheElderly, Temporal_Anchorite and 3 others
JaegerCA

JaegerCA

Fk the Marine Corps
Jul 14, 2024
Thank you. Do you know what the revolver would be used for primarily speaking? Sorry if I'm being a nuisance I can probably just look that up. Just want to make sure I say the right thing when I go to guns and ammo shop.
Depends what your local gun store has, if you want to do research they might have a site. Ruger, Colt, and S&W are usually most common.

Reactions: CatLvr and whydidthishappen
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
as for handguns i would use the .357 magnum like Bud Dywer did. one can see his live suicide on watch people die website and many others. Also the .44 magnum

Anybody know what rifle and ammo Ronnie Mcnut used?

I just saw an upscaled video Ronnie Mcnut video on watch people die website . looks to me under the chin exploded the whole head from the face backward. i'd like to use that . some one said he used a single shot rifle but those looked expensive last i searched. i wonder if a shotgun or 30.06 or 300 win mag will do it. just don't want to miss the brain stem .

Last edited:
B

Bleh61

Jul 4, 2024
I'm not going to tell you not to do it, but before you make a decision you can't take back, try listening to this. Worst case scenario, it's a waste of 7 minutes.
It's a song by a musician named Devin Townsend. He knows about struggle, he's lived his entire life with Bipolar disorder and struggled with alcoholism for years before finally kicking it. There are even several comments by viewers who said that they were about to ctb when they heard this song. I also like the song Call of The Void. It's about intrusive thoughts.

Reactions: CatLvr
Gone soon

Gone soon

Guy who likes wearing womens' clothes
Jun 11, 2024
I'm not going to use this method. Just curious. What's the difference? In the end you try to kill yourself with a bullet either way, don't you?

aipuweth

aipuweth

a loser to and fro
Aug 17, 2024
I'm not going to use this method. Just curious. What's the difference? In the end you try to kill yourself with a bullet either way, don't you?
Probably because some guns can fail and you'll need a better and stronger gun.

clitoralcancer

clitoralcancer

I apologize for the name
Aug 18, 2024
Thank you for this post. If you Google "sanction suicide gun mega thread" you will find just that omega thread devoted only for CBT through firearms.
I'm researching it all right now and so far I crave a Smith & Wesson 500 which is the strongest can gun available, never go with a 22, you want a high caliber bullet, there is debate as to where to place it but from what I'm reading it's behind the ear, but I'm sure you'll do your research
Thank you. Do you know what the revolver would be used for primarily speaking? Sorry if I'm being a nuisance I can probably just look that up. Just want to make sure I say the right thing when I go to guns and ammo shop. I'm at my start of the research The Smith & Wesson 500 but that's $1,300 and will probably require ordering but I've also read about this which is much much lower in price
[I'm at my start of the research The Smith & Wesson 500 but that's $1,300 and will probably require ordering but I've also read about this which is much much lower in price
Kentucky Pistol Single Shot 50 Cal Percussion 10" Color Case Hardened Frame Blued Barrel Walnut Grip[/center]
I'm new here but I don't think we are allowed to post lengths of any kind so you can check out that type of gone there, essentially a shotgun in a revolver
Thank you for this post. If you Google "sanction suicide gun mega thread" you will find just that omega thread devoted only for CBT through firearms.
I'm researching it all right now and so far I crave a Smith & Wesson 500 which is the strongest can gun available, never go with a 22, you want a high caliber bullet, there is debate as to where to place it but from what I'm reading it's behind the ear, but I'm sure you'll do your research

[I'm at my start of the research The Smith & Wesson 500 but that's $1,300 and will probably require ordering but I've also read about this which is much much lower in price
Kentucky Pistol Single Shot 50 Cal Percussion 10" Color Case Hardened Frame Blued Barrel Walnut Grip[/center]
I'm new here but I don't think we are allowed to post lengths of any kind so you can check out that type of gone there, essentially a shotgun in a revolver
Apologies, not LENGTHS, I meant to say we I don't think we are allowed to post LINKS, otherwise I would

Apologies, not LENGTHS, I meant to say we I don't think we are allowed to post LINKS, otherwise I would

Last edited:
Reactions: whydidthishappen
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
US Army testing has demonstrated that 53 f.p.e. at the muzzle (foot/pounds energy) is enough energy to cause a fatal head-shot. Any modern pistol or revolver .380 or above meets that easily. For visual representation, simply search YouTube; while the models used are ballistic gel blocks or dummies, you'll get the idea. In my opinion, revolvers are easier to use for novices, assuming the user has the hand strength to operate the trigger.

• Informative
Reactions: CatLvr, Temporal_Anchorite and pthnrdnojvsc
clitoralcancer

clitoralcancer

I apologize for the name
Aug 18, 2024
Probably because some guns can fail and you'll need a better and stronger gun.
Absolutely, I have actually come across two people in my time on earth that have just blown off pieces of their mouth and/ or face, it's very important that you choose a high caliber bullet and the correct gun otherwise he will just wind up maimed with major head trauma, brain damage, rendering the rest of your days in a nursing home being tube fed.
Sadly, I worked in a nursing home and there were two individuals in there from failed attempts, one jump from a building and was a paraplegic The other had significant brain damage from a suicide attempt that I did not have access to the details what caused

Reactions: CatLvr and aipuweth
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
US Army testing has demonstrated that 53 f.p.e. at the muzzle (foot/pounds energy) is enough energy to cause a fatal head-shot. Any modern pistol or revolver .380 or above meets that easily. For visual representation, simply search YouTube; while the models used are ballistic gel blocks or dummies, you'll get the idea. In my opinion, revolvers are easier to use for novices, assuming the user has the hand strength to operate the trigger.
so 53 fpe would do it.

I have this ammo and rifle . 2997 fpe at the muzzle. so that would be 99.99% at the side of my head or deep in the mouth pointed up ? my rifle is only 22 inches so they might have tested it with a longer rifle so my velocity might be 2900 fps to 2950 fps slower than the 3000 fps advertized so a little less fpe but close.

Cartridge30-06 Springfield
Best UseHunting
Grain Weight152 Grains
Quantity20 Round
Muzzle Velocity3000 Feet Per Second
Muzzle Energy2997 Foot Pounds
Bullet StyleFragmenting Hollow Point

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dragonofenvy
W

whydidthishappen

May 6, 2024
If you look up ".357 revolver" (or whatever you're thinking of) you can browse various sites that sell them and then go to that store in person to purchase it.

Like, what they'd ask you why you want it? Home defense, shooting range, want it for your collection, whatever. Answer their questions as honestly as you can, because gun sellers are the ones who stop the overwhelming amount of gun sales, not the background checks. If you've never handled a gun, say as much to them because they'll be able to tell when they hand it to you to hold before the purchase. They're usually pretty friendly, relaxed, and enthusiastic about new gun owners as long as you aren't appearing like you're a psychopath.

As usual with these kinds of threads I always put in this image and recommend at least .45 caliber or higher. 9mm if you know exactly where to aim. This is not representative of all pistol calibers, just the common ones. For example, there are .357 rounds that are much shorter and stubbier than the one in this image (.357 SIG are the ones that are short, about the length of a 9mm bullet but share the same diameter as .357 magnum). Anything below 9mm is a recipe for permanent brain damage and disability.

View attachment 148226
Thank you that's really helpful.
as for handguns i would use the .357 magnum like Bud Dywer did. one can see his live suicide on watch people die website and many others. Also the .44 magnum

Anybody know what rifle and ammo Ronnie Mcnut used?

I just saw an upscaled video Ronnie Mcnut video on watch people die website . looks to me under the chin exploded the whole head from the face backward. i'd like to use that . some one said he used a single shot rifle but those looked expensive last i searched. i wonder if a shotgun or 30.06 or 300 win mag will do it. just don't want to miss the brain stem .
Oh god please no. Not Ronnie Mcnutt. I'm a tiny woman who's been brutalized by a doctor. I can't think about blowing my entire head off without shaking.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Not all guns (specifically bullets) are created equally. There have been people who have survived gunshots both self-inflicted and inflicted by others to the head with bullets embedded into their brain. Sometimes multiple shots. If you don't know anything about guns and you just pick up some random one you could be one of those.

Think of it like this. Which is more likely to kill you, a firecracker, or a grenade? That's the kind of perspective we're talking about here if you use "weak" ammunition. Now if you're using a shotgun slug, well that's kind of like a rocket from a bazooka with my explosives analogy. If you're using a .22 round that's like a firecracker. Which would you rather choose?

And yes, gun nuts, I know my analogy isn't perfect but it's the best I could come up with.

clitoralcancer

clitoralcancer

I apologize for the name
Aug 18, 2024
I'm trying to change this response and put it to me rather than sounding it like I'm giving you advice as I don't want anyone to get in trouble for promoting suicide which we have to be conscious of here as the site could be turned off if we showed like we're giving advice to people how to kill themselves outright

Apologies I have not read all the responses but I've been doing a lot of research and have found so many conflicting answers but one thing I have learned for sure is that you never want to go with a 22 and I want a 365 Magnum with 180 flat nose bullets, the caliber which is the bullet is extremely important, just as important as the gun.
When I go into a gun shop they're going to ask you me why you want to gun etc etc you need to have a story in advance also if they offer to show you how to clean the gun you must take that offer otherwise they won't sell it because they know you only want it for a short period of time, a purchase done impulsively.
I'm an older woman and I'm going to have to go in fairly upbeat, aware of my body language and tone and I'm saying that I am purchasing a gun for my niece who is going to be doing a lot of hiking and bear territory and unfortunately only carries mace with her. Obviously I want her to be safe, blah blah blah. I'm going to mention that I too may be taking this gun to a gun range as it's going to be imperative for me to real realize and understand how the gun is when I actually shoot it so I don't get startled and shoot the top of my scalp off . I should add that I don't have children nor do I have a niece or anybody hiking in Bear country....lol, but I have to be creative. I plan on doing it inside of a tent so nobody has to observe my body by surprise before I do it I'm alerting the police department, I live alone with no family so nobody will find me blah blah blah
I do responses in Google talk to text so apologies for any reading errors in this if you have any questions please feel free to private message me

Reactions: whydidthishappen
N

nibbleone

Oct 14, 2023
I'm trying to change this response and put it to me rather than sounding it like I'm giving you advice as I don't want anyone to get in trouble for promoting suicide which we have to be conscious of here as the site could be turned off if we showed like we're giving advice to people how to kill themselves outright

Apologies I have not read all the responses but I've been doing a lot of research and have found so many conflicting answers but one thing I have learned for sure is that you never want to go with a 22 and I want a 365 Magnum with 180 flat nose bullets, the caliber which is the bullet is extremely important, just as important as the gun.
When I go into a gun shop they're going to ask you me why you want to gun etc etc you need to have a story in advance also if they offer to show you how to clean the gun you must take that offer otherwise they won't sell it because they know you only want it for a short period of time, a purchase done impulsively.
I'm an older woman and I'm going to have to go in fairly upbeat, aware of my body language and tone and I'm saying that I am purchasing a gun for my niece who is going to be doing a lot of hiking and bear territory and unfortunately only carries mace with her. Obviously I want her to be safe, blah blah blah. I'm going to mention that I too may be taking this gun to a gun range as it's going to be imperative for me to real realize and understand how the gun is when I actually shoot it so I don't get startled and shoot the top of my scalp off . I should add that I don't have children nor do I have a niece or anybody hiking in Bear country....lol, but I have to be creative. I plan on doing it inside of a tent so nobody has to observe my body by surprise before I do it I'm alerting the police department, I live alone with no family so nobody will find me blah blah blah
I do responses in Google talk to text so apologies for any reading errors in this if you have any questions please feel free to private message me
If you say that you are buying the gun for someone else they will not sell it to you. It's illegal in the USA to buy a gun for someone.

clitoralcancer

clitoralcancer

I apologize for the name
Aug 18, 2024
Thank you for the information I appreciate it, something I will keep in mind. Fortunately (?) in Florida it's okay to gift guns to others, there doesn't even need to be any type of record for the transaction as long as the person is of age, but I'm also saying that I am going to be doing part of the hike in the great continental divide, so I'm going to be carrying the gun hence the reason why I would like to try out the gun at their shooting range. I want to make sure I understand the gun and be prepared for its kickback so it doesn't startle me and I wind up taking off my scalp