J

JustSoDone

Aug 8, 2023
Hi. Am at peace with my decision and all that. Is there any consensus on where to place/point pistol? I cannot mess this up. I've read and researched so many threads. Either level with top of ears and between the eyes right above my nose? Pointed straight back? I have a Ruger don't know the particular one, but it's a cheapy. .380 Auto ammo. Don't know much about all that, but I do know how to use it. Please help. Thank you.

L

Last_Leap

420's friend
Sep 8, 2023
the few things i've read here talk about in the mouth, aimed at the brainstem.

Reactions: Skathon and pthnrdnojvsc
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can find some pictures on the web showing where the brain stem is. I think it's like a 10 to 15 degree angle upwards from the level position in the mouth. I don't want to dissuade you or anything, but a .380 isn't exactly the most powerful gun out there, and you're dealing with a single bullet shot. I'm not saying it can't work, but using a handgun has less likelihood of success than say, using a shotgun with a buckshot shell. If you're off just a little bit, it's conceivable that you could miss the brain stem. It's possible you could miss anything vital and just put a hole through your skull, or the bullet may not even exit the skull. If you survive, you may be having to deal with some serious injuries, possible paralysis, who knows what else. I know you said you know how to use it, but suicide is a different thing all together. Of course your life is your own, so you'll have to make the decision yourself.

Reactions: Skathon
J

JustSoDone

Aug 8, 2023
Thanks. That's the one concern is I read a .380A isn't very powerful and it's one shot, so I have concerns about that. Ugh. Thank you.