Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I had been taking prasozin for almost a fucking year!!!

Only now connecting how awful my body feels. The person that precribed was aware of my eating disorders and how severe they were.

High blood pressure meds + an eating disorder DON'T MIX. I'm just now understanding this anxiety/tiredness etcetc in my body. Im glad I stopped taking it. Ffs.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, andme72, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
My whole family has a really bad experience with trusting doctors. Before you take anything, do your own research. 2 ppl in my family died because of the negligence of doctors:( I guess in our case it wouldn't be problem but they're supposed to help ppl and not fricking kill them

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, SuicidallyCurious and 1 other person
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm really sorry you've been having to go through that for an entire year! I don't know much about meds, but going off of what you said, it does sound extremely negligent, and I'm sorry you had to be the one dealing with that. I hope you're able to get this sorted out with your doctor, hopefully now you've stopped taking them you'll be able to feel a little better. You didn't deserve to be treated that way, and I hope there'll be some way for you to get a new practitioner, one that puts more care into your prescriptions. You seriously didn't deserve that at all, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I hope things start to feel a little better now though, I'm wishing you the best of luck with everything!

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lostandlooking, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Same here, my shrink wanted me to take the wrong medication for me to sleep, when I read the label I was like OMG. Hell no....

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, Lostandlooking and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
I am sorry to hear about an eating disorder. I actually have mine in relationship to drugs they put me on that changed my metabolism and caused me to gain a ton of weight without additional calories going in. I now live on less than 700 calories a day and can't seem to lose weight no matter what I do. The geniuses need to study side effects before they start pushing drugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, Lostandlooking and Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I am sorry to hear about an eating disorder. I actually have mine in relationship to drugs they put me on that changed my metabolism and caused me to gain a ton of weight without additional calories going in. I now live on less than 700 calories a day and can't seem to lose weight no matter what I do. The geniuses need to study side effects before they start pushing drugs.

This is also a large part of my situation, and even though I fully qualify for all medications that have ever been prescribed for weight loss or that induce weight loss, they do not help me with appetite suppression or metabolism acceleration.

My bodily composition and metabolism have completely been altered.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, Lostandlooking and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
When I was in hospital I was already on meds to lower blood pressure and the ward psychiatrist thought it would be a grand idea to put me on another one. Without checking my meds. Suffice to say I fainted twice in the bathroom after which my blood pressure was taken and the nurse said "oh, your blood pressure is quite low". Really? well fuck me sideways, I never would have guessed. I thought I stood up too quick or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
Oh yes, I was on the highest dose for about 5 different medications at the same time. Taking a total of 14 pills a day for about 2 years. I now have some permanent organ/circulation damage, including neurological side effects and stomach ulcers due to my fancy Harvard doctor actually being a complete tool. Also took prazosin for my chronic nightmares, and it actually made them worse, plus gave me acute tachycardia. Now that I'm off it, I get palpitations super bad when having panic attacks, which never happened in the 20 years before of having anxiety. Doctors are clowns.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, Lostandlooking, demuic and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Prazosin is a devil, so sorry this happened to you. I know firsthand how much expertise these so called professionals have after they put me on polydrug cocktails that almost killed me too.

At one point I was on high doses of Prazosin, Mirtazapine, and a beta blocker. It worsened my ptsd nightmares and made me feel like a zombie. One time a psychiatrist had me on a high dosage combo of Adderall, a beta blocker, and two antidepressants. I fainted multiple times and would have nearly died if my ex hadn't found me, took all the medication away, and made sure I vommitted up all the pills. This wasn't an intentional overdose. I was just taking them as prescribed.

Since I was 13 I was getting doped up on meds from the psychiatrist, not a care in the world from them about the side effects and the fact the drugs weren't helping. Hardly anyone believes it if you tell them that these doctors can make you worse off than you started out.

I believe you though. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, andme72, Lostandlooking and 1 other person