GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Finally got the hang of it, the internet was actually fairly useless in helping me start out. Guess this thread will just die pretty fast (probably like me, cuz I'm coughing) unless there happen to be other pipe smokers in here. Don't really have a specific thing to discuss, so I'll just list some related experiences/total noob tips/possible general knowledge about it. Oh, and I don't encourage anyone to smoke obviously, but since it's a suicide forum I figure if someone wants to try rather than die I guess it's an exception. For me I felt like I just had to try it, but I'd been on and off with the ciggies before so health-wise it might be a little better than those, idk. All in all, it's a way to spend an hour outside of the basement at least.

1. You're not supposed to inhale the smoke. This makes lung damage less of a thing, but the cancer still hits the face and mouth and whatever. I'm pretty sure I get it into my lungs anyway though, lol.

2. Don't worry about how you pack as a beginner, but yeah pack gently I suppose, don't worry about any methods or tobacco sorts or this vs that or basically anything but the pure basics of how the fire works and how you get the thing hot and smoking a lot. People online are not focused on the purest of basics, which is what's needed unless you're used to similar fires. What worked for me was making sure it wasn't too windy, and then taking my time when lighting it up. I was also unable to get it lit when it was only half-full (hard to use the lighter or match). Anyway, turns out that the tobacco actually turns entirely to ash when it's done (at least it did for me, maybe I was smoking like nothing at that point, no clue), not just white or black pieces like how it looks before you smoke it in another color (this matters since it lets me know that I can keep lighting it up and not think I've used up the tobacco without really getting any smoke out of it). The crucial thing for me was puffing and lighting a lot for a long time, really waiting for the fire to catch. I'd just ignore the bullshit about a false light. To heat the pipe up and really get it smoking I'd blow into the pipe continuously for quite a while, like maybe ten seconds or something (it's lit at this point). I'd also instinctively cover the pipe a bit whilst doing this, I think that helps since it creates a comfier more indoors type of atmosphere for the pipe, I guess, protecting against wind and cold and stuff. I'd also alternate that with puffing a few times. Reasoning behind this two-way approach is for the flame to get fed from both sides, which may theoretically B more better somehows. I also removed the filter to get better air flow. To put everything into one sentence: Just focus on getting the fire going strong. On the other hand, some guys are saying that the pipe shouldn't get too hot or whatever, but I more or less ignore that.

3. This will take like an hour per session starting out. I re-packed several bowls and tried various techniques to burn it up. One thing that seemed to somehow work a bit was mixing instead of tamping (not super sure about this, tho), but tamping seemed to work fine too in combination with getting it hot by blowing into it a bit before (reducing the risk of extinguishment). It's not at all like cigarette smoking. Cigarette smoking is like a shot of vodka were ass pipe is like sipping wine or sum. So, location, weather if outside, how much time u have until you have to go read cringe on reddit, etc.

4. Apparently straight pipes are better for smoking sitting down and the bent ones are easier to clench or something, which means succing whilst running/walking/etc.

5. People may harass you while you smoke, but they do so from afar and often even from the comfort of their home.

6. Should I make a rap about this?

7. Trying to taste it, it's supposed to have a flavor or something. I felt some of it, but I'm not super into flavor and taste in general. Smells a lot more than it tastes, ngl.

8. Can't think of much more to say about the topic, was happy to finally get it to work and to sit there are smoke the pipe and it stayed lit and stuff. Add your input if you have any, otherwise I guess I might return to the thread later if I have something more to write about.

Reactions: shy and Velvet Fortress
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
When smoking my pipe today I didn't think for one second about not having a gf, IIRC, but the thoughts were very frequent before. Wish my sense of taste was better, having a hard time tasting the flavors. The nicotine do be kicking, bussin, and I consider it to be goated with the sauce, fr no cap.

Reactions: Velvet Fortress
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Tamping doesn't seem to be optional, at least if you don't want to re-light it (which probably involves tamping anyway). When smoking fast, keeping the fire going until virtually all of it is ash is easier than people make it out. Again, for some reason I just don't experience the typical symptoms of inceldom when smoking the pipe. Some combination of the just enough "activity" to keep you busy, the nicotine, and probably a bias in that you'd probably choose to smoke when feeling neutral or good. Something I'd like to find out, then, is if a solid bowl could snap me out of a bad mood. I do also wonder how hot the pipe has to get for it to crack or whatever, supposed to be higher risk outdoors and stuff. It doesn't really get so hot that I burn my hand, but I can sometimes really feel the heat when I'm succing loads of air through that thing, heating it up before a tamp, for an example. I also blow through the tamp, those two things make the tamp unlikely to quench.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Bonus content for the pipe thread readers:

I AM FUCKING STUPID
Woman walked up when I was out and about and asked for some weird favor, whole thing screamed "scam" to me so I told her to ask someone else in a decisive way. Not until later did I realize that it could have been more likely that she was mentally ill (paranoid, presumably) and didn't have anyone else to help her out (no boyfriend/husband). In either case, I should have at least asked for more information and tried to talk to her for as long as possible, since I never get to talk to women. While, obviously, not doing anything that would make me get scammed or something, staying as vigilant as possible. Not that I think the odds of that ending somewhere other than me either just having to do some favor or stop in the middle when the scam presents itself was higher than 1%, I still theoretically could absolutely not afford to just instinctively burn away what little low% shit comes my way.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Genes in his environment, 2023

NARUTO6002876097

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment