themisfell

themisfell

May 31, 2023
I just wanted to say a weird place that I got hope from today. I recently lost two of the most important people in my life due to petty fighting, and it had been taking a major toll on my mental health, if I'm being honest. About a month ago, I entered a new relationship with someone I recently met, and if I'm being brutally honest, with my past track record I was expecting to dread dating this person and the relationship was going to fall apart in similar way to my past two. But yet, it.. hasn't. And this person I'm dating has made me feel the most "human" I've felt in a long time. I feel heard with my struggles. I feel cared about and I feel like I'm allowed to exist. With the types of mental health struggles I have, it's so easy to lose myself to self-loathing and self-hatred, especially in states of mania, but yet... they're so kind. Or maybe kind is the wrong word, they just actually treat me like a person HAHA. I'm trying to not put all my eggs in one basket by allowing my mental health to be dictated by this one relationship, but to feel so humanized by someone who I'm dating and to be treated the way I am right now has made me feel way less miserable then I've felt in... so long. It's a really nice feeling. I really hope it lasts.

• Love
Reactions: sarahelizabeth, VioletNight, cgrtt.brns and 8 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
You might be able to use this boost in mood to take steps to broaden your life to include other activities and interests. This can build a wider set of connections such that you might better avoid the "eggs in one basket" potential.

• Love
Reactions: themisfell