Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Anxiety feels hot. Sadness, on the other hand, feels cold - like I couldn't possibly pile on enough blankets to get warm enough. In addition, when I'm really upset, my wrists hurt or pulse/twinge. It's so weird. I wonder if I have some kind of circulation problem.

Anyone else with weird physical manifestations of their anguish?

• Aww..
Reactions: die2live, UseItOrLoseIt, TooConscious and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For me, my sadness always manifests as this sinking feeling in my chest, usually because my sadness stems from heartbreak. Often times it feels like the air in my lungs and the blood in my heart is literally being circulated away from my body as if it were being sucked into a black hole to who knows where. Sometimes this emptiness in my chest also makes me hungry too even if I had just eaten.

Reactions: die2live, UseItOrLoseIt, TooConscious and 3 others
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
When I get extremely sad my legs feel heavier somehow.

Reactions: Celerity, LastFlowers and Dr Iron Arc
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Those first couple of things you listed are spot on for me too.
I do have physical pain that is separate from symptoms that manifest from emotional distress.
But as far as what you're saying, I will include that during the pits of a mental breakdown, I tend to develop tics, usually in the head and neck, and lately the wrist/hand area, I also feel a tangible sinking of my gut and can get to the point where I feel faint or pass out from the amount of distress my body is forced to physically encapsulate. Not to mention, my eyelids are destroyed from sobbing practically every day for years (this is unfortunately not an exaggeration).

Reactions: Celerity and TooConscious
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Anyone else with weird physical manifestations of their anguish?
Everything from a sudden sharp pain in any joint or muscle to unbearable headaches that last for hours

Reactions: Celerity
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Deep nausea throughout whole body I used to get.
I have had to become very callous to not break in this evil place.

Reactions: Celerity
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
for me it's mild heaviness/pressure in chest with burning sensation from inside, disregard for temperature (I feel it superficially but don't react), labored breath, slow movements/responses, trembling and if it's really bad everything turns into a slow motion black and white movie, especially if it's at night. i don't see color anymore. hard to totally separate anguish from anxiety in my case though so some might overlap more with anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: die2live, Celerity and Dr Iron Arc