O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
Family keeps many people from ctb, but not me. I'm afraid of extreme pain if i don't die instantly landing from a height of around 40m. Not sure about fear of death itself.

I remember in a vsauce video was a guy with a very rare disorder, he couldn't feel pain. I wish i had that, I'd just slit my throat and end it all.
Are you afraid of pain?

• Aww..
Reactions: DFFP, death137, profoundexperience and 1 other person
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yeah it's basically the sole factor. Ive suffered enough in life and simply want a peaceful way to die. I don't care about anything else really.

Reactions: DFFP, Bauhaus, death137 and 5 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm scared of the pain too but I know it'll be over fairly soon and it will be worth it in the end. Nothing can be more painful than being alive.

• Love
Reactions: death137, profoundexperience, OnlyTheWind and 1 other person
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I feel sorry for those who haven't got the means to end it peacefully. The most extreme method I could apply would be PS or FS. Anything greater would be too scary.

Reactions: death137, profoundexperience and overcomingfear
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I am new and old at the same time. I have no idea what the abbreviations mean. I am not concerned about physical pain. I am more concerned about failure, not being an option. I have come up with some methods. I am stumped on the access to anything but a rope.

• Hugs
Reactions: draw a circle and profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
it will be worth it in the end. Nothing can be more painful than being alive.
Yeah... absolutely. And consider this...
  1. How much time do you have left in life? You can calculate your "natural life expectancy" here: Life Expectancy Calculator.
  2. 10 years of life = 315,576,000 seconds.
  3. The average American spends 11 months with a case of (battling) a "terminal illness" at the end of their life = 28,927,800 seconds.
  4. 20 minutes of "ctb pain" = 1,200 seconds (of course this depends on your method... and it's unlikely one will be in pain for that long).
  5. For me, I have around 800,000,000 seconds left in my "natural life expectancy". Of course, not all that will be panful... but the ongoing pain of existing will be everpresent AND a severe trauma/accident/cancer/disease could strike at any time.
800,000,000 is 666667 TIMES MORE than 1200! Just "by the numbers", ctb seems like a very good deal to me, personally.
I am not concerned about physical pain. I am more concerned about failure
Unfortunately due to society/culture we're forced into a situation where we can never be 100% certain of our ctb's success. All we can do is prepare carefully, "do our best", and try to reduce risks as much as possible.

@fat feet , there are many, good guides here for different methods. I really like and HIGHLY recommend the book (cited in the SS Wiki) called "Five Last Acts" by Chris Docker. It's expensive, but really gives good, clear details/explanations on methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Yeah... absolutely. And consider this...
  1. How much time do you have left in life? You can calculate your "natural life expectancy" here: Life Expectancy Calculator.
  2. 10 years of life = 315,576,000 seconds.
  3. The average American spends 11 months with a case of (battling) a "terminal illness" at the end of their life = 28,927,800 seconds.
  4. 20 minutes of "ctb pain" = 1,200 seconds (of course this depends on your method... and it's unlikely one will be in pain for that long).
  5. For me, I have around 800,000,000 seconds left in my "natural life expectancy". Of course, not all that will be panful... but the ongoing pain of existing will be everpresent AND a sever trauma/accident/cancer/disease could strike at any time.
800,000,000 is 666667 TIMES MORE than 1200! Just "by the numbers", ctb seems like a very good deal to me, personally.

Unfortunately due to society/culture we're forced into a situation where we can never be 100% certain of our ctb's success. All we can do is prepare carefully, "do our best", and try to reduce risks as much as possible.

@fat feet , there are many, good guides here for different methods. I really like and HIGHLY recommend the book (cited in the SS Wiki) called "Five Last Acts" by Chris Docker. It's expensive, but really gives good, clear details/explanations on methods.
Hhahha, no offence. I have a relativity short window to get this finished. I am more concerned about looking finding out how to purchase barbiturates than buying book to tell me how.

• Love
Reactions: OnlyTheWind and profoundexperience
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I am not particularly afraid of pain. (Joiner and company would probably fault my longstanding history of self injury for that one.) What scares me is the possibility of failure. I don't want to end up alive but so damaged I can't finish the job.

I would never intentionally choose a highly painful method... but I'm more concerned with efficacy than comfort.

• Love
Reactions: overcomingfear, taylor321 and fat feet
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I am not particularly afraid of pain. (Joiner and company would probably fault my longstanding history of self injury for that one.) What scares me is the possibility of failure. I don't want to end up alive but so damaged I can't finish the job.

I would never intentionally choose a highly painful method... but I'm more concerned with efficacy than comfort.
Yes sir.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Same here. The only reason I'm still alive is b/c of fear of pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: overcomingfear, DFFP and Deleted member 4993
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
That's the only reason I haven't done it yet, but I think I'm finally overcoming the fear enough to go through with it.

Reactions: overcomingfear
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Hhahha, no offence. I have a relativity short window to get this finished. I am more concerned about looking finding out how to purchase barbiturates than buying book to tell me how.
I will admit after reading more on this site, I have a lot ot learn. I have a short time frame and need to find my information quickly. Excuse me for being short, my trust level is not that high.

Reactions: profoundexperience and overcomingfear