Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
If you were to make a last phone call to family friends but had location turned off (using smartphone) can you be traced??

Ie I make a phone call to my old boss/friend tell her my plans say goodbye then phone said tell her my plans say goodbye ... either in between calls it whilst on a call can I physically be traced ??

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wouldn't risk it, and I think it is possible for your phone to be traced by authorities due to having a SIM card in the your phone.

Reactions: RM5998, Morning Angel, Smilla and 1 other person
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
I wouldn't risk it, and I think it is possible for your phone to be traced by authorities due to having a SIM card in the your phone.
Got my answer

If the phone they are looking for…person it belongs to…has GPS capabilities, yes they can.

All cell phones do what is called a 'ping' to locate a cell tower to use for making and receiving calls. When that 'ping' is made, it is registered with the nearest cell tower with the indentifying invormmation of the cell phone making the 'piing' so that any calls for that phone will be directed to it as it would be found through the information sent by the phone to the tower during that 'ping'. This happens so many times per second/minute so that any call in progress at the time doesn't get disconnected when the user and phone travl out of range of the initial cell tower, it can continue on the next nearest cell tower as it gets closer to it.

Reactions: RM5998, Smilla and lv-gras
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I would just go to a pay phone. Or use a dummy phone call them. Say what you need to say and dump the phone.

Reactions: RM5998
P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I would just go to a pay phone. Or use a dummy phone call them. Say what you need to say and dump the phone.
Here in the States, there are very, very few pay phones left.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Here in the States, there are very, very few pay phones left.
That's true. You can get a dummy phone cheap though at Walmart.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
If you were to make a last phone call to family friends but had location turned off (using smartphone) can you be traced??

Ie I make a phone call to my old boss/friend tell her my plans say goodbye then phone said tell her my plans say goodbye ... either in between calls it whilst on a call can I physically be traced ??
Get an app that you can delay send to be safe.