thouisdead

thouisdead

unpredictable, but it suits reality.
Feb 15, 2020
Is there anyone here that studies or is formed in philosophy?
It's just a great curiosity(aha) I have. I should graduate this year if I write my article and don't ctb. If you into it I really want to talk and discuss a few questions since, somehow, we're in the same boat and 'talk' the same language. We could also share knowledge...

Reactions: Sensei
thouisdead

thouisdead

Feb 15, 2020
Wow. I may seem mediocre but haven't decided what author I'm into. I've been studying for just two years and still discovering. I'm more into ontology and aesthetic and started reading Heidegger - it's soo hard but also soo good to read -, also read a little of Derrida and got completely amused by his vision of the animals. Completely love Buber. Read Nietzsche when I'm angry. And adore Judith Butler - she is amaaazing. And have a real problem with ethics.
I'm sorry about way of expressing but that's how I feel about philosophy. If it weren't by this discipline I would be lost till this very day - not that I have found myself completely, but that would be worst.
And I'm sorry, already, for my unaccuracy to determinated concepts, which is so important in this subject, this isn't my mother language.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I read some Judith Butler but I remember nothing about her. I know I cited her in at least one paper, but that was over 10 years ago.

thouisdead

thouisdead

Feb 15, 2020
I read some Judith Butler but I remember nothing about her. I know I cited her in at least one paper, but that was over 10 years ago.

She's a post-structuralist that made up/worked on the queer theory and discuss about marginilized groups in society. There's one text, short but very fitting, "Can one lead a good life in a bad life?". And I know she has a concept, for this marginalized groups, called 'the ungrieveble', if things go on I would like to study that.
I also like Mbembe and his Necropolitics, because it's very important to study a author like him linving in a country like mine.

And you, being more personal, how do you face your decision to leave?

Reactions: FinalDestination
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
And you, being more personal, how do you face your decision to leave?

With Stoic philosophy. What about you?

BTW, if you can handle post-structuralism, you can handle Foucault. You may find his views on power and sexuality to be of interest.

Reactions: Brink
thouisdead

thouisdead

Feb 15, 2020
Oh
With Stoic philosophy. What about you?

BTW, if you can handle post-structuralism, you can handle Foucault. You may find his views on power and sexuality to be of interest.

I'll pm you if I ever can find how.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'll pm you if I ever can find how.

Well, it feels a bit strange that you ask me publicly about my philosophy but want to discuss yours privately. I'd prefer to keep it public or discontinue the conversation.

thouisdead

thouisdead

Feb 15, 2020
Well, it feels a bit strange that you ask me publicly about my philosophy but want to discuss yours privately. I'd prefer to keep it public or discontinue the conversation.

Nossa.
Just read what I wrote, that wasn't so important at all. And you haven't asked anything. Use your gift.
And more two things: (long) exposure gets me tired and, if it's going to be a dialogue, what's the point of keeping it public? (and it is a 'manifest yourself').

Last edited:
thouisdead

thouisdead

Feb 15, 2020
I don't exist to serve your will. If you seek someone to direct to do your bidding, direct yourself.

I'm sorry. Lack of attention, lack of sleep. Don't be rude.
I'm not that connected with Helenistic philosophy, but I like Epicurus, thou, it's like their worlds keep echoing through all philosophy - I've read On the Shortness of Life these days and it was like he was defining what was an authentic life, something Heidegger developed earlier.
The ideia of life being a theater is interesting, if someone asked me how life feels to me I'd answer that its like dancing. You don't choose the rithm. Why I decided to leave is more connected to the way I feel the world. This is the world of I and This. It's hard to have real contact with people and sometimes with the world. I decided to leave because it's a cold place, this one we're obeyed to live in, where everything must have its use to be valid. And also, my ethical problem, I've faced a situation in wich I couldn't see sense in right or wrong, and this mere happening became my reality. If I go to this area I'll probably follow the etchics of care, which do not depends on metaphysics. But now I can't even take care of myself...
Maybe I'm a comedian now.

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
"I thought of this crowd of suicides: more than eight thousand five hundred in one year. And it seemed to me that they had combined to send to the world a prayer, to utter a cry of appeal, to demand something that should come into effect later when we understood things better. It seemed to me that all these victims, their throats cut, poisoned, hung, asphyxiated, or drowned, all came together, a frightful horde, like citizens to the polls, to say to society :

"Grant us, at least, a gentle death! Help us to die, you who will not help us to live! See, we are numerous, we have the right to speak in these days of freedom, of philosophic independence and of popular suffrage. Give to those who renounce life the charity of a death that will not be repugnant nor terrible.""

Maupassant, The magic couch

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, XYZ and Deleted member 17331
N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019
Is there anyone here that studies or is formed in philosophy?
It's just a great curiosity(aha) I have. I should graduate this year if I write my article and don't ctb. If you into it I really want to talk and discuss a few questions since, somehow, we're in the same boat and 'talk' the same language. We could also share knowledge...

I'm a mathematician. Idk if that makes me a philosopher :hihi: Have you read any books by Emil Cioran?

• Love
Reactions: Fin and XYZ