maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I'm on an adventure. I doubt I will CTB in any form this year. It's just too awkward of a year. People say, "it'll be the worse on yet," I say, revel in it if that is the case. I doubt it highly. I'll definitely have close calls this year, but I'm pretty much at my lowest low. No sex-crazed, drug-addled fun times. I'm at neutral. I don't crave sex, romance, drama, even drugs bore me. Anhedonia has overcome me for the last year following a psychiatric-induced manic episode, but with that comes the desperation of crawling out of this hole of what amounts to nothing but boredom.

I am going to read books that have collected dust on my shelf. I collect a lot of books that are dense, annoying, and academic, but have some sort of transgressive energy to them. I present to you:

Capitalism and Schizophrenia by Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari

I'll take it chapter by chapter, and try to keep a posting of what's going on here. Essentially, the book is supposed to be anti-psychiatry. And boy is it completely incomprehensible. I hope by the end of it I come out a little more loony than I am now, because right now, I'm boring as all hell.

Reactions: yellowjasmine88 and Iamamistake
hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
I have not read that one as its still a bit out of my range. But I am an anti-psychiatry person. I've read Thomas Szasz, Erving Goffman and other works by such people. Its an interesting position to take. Also still need to actually read a book by Foucault. The issue is that psychiatry is about capturing certain people and removing them from society. (eg. see jails, nursing homes, asylums, residential schools). Also disabled people. If you are not able to produce, then capitalism doesn't think you should be alive. (also a tony millionaire fan)

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: yellowjasmine88, maakies and Iamamistake
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
I'm on an adventure. I doubt I will CTB in any form this year. It's just too awkward of a year. People say, "it'll be the worse on yet," I say, revel in it if that is the case. I doubt it highly. I'll definitely have close calls this year, but I'm pretty much at my lowest low. No sex-crazed, drug-addled fun times. I'm at neutral. I don't crave sex, romance, drama, even drugs bore me. Anhedonia has overcome me for the last year following a psychiatric-induced manic episode, but with that comes the desperation of crawling out of this hole of what amounts to nothing but boredom.

I am going to read books that have collected dust on my shelf. I collect a lot of books that are dense, annoying, and academic, but have some sort of transgressive energy to them. I present to you:

Capitalism and Schizophrenia by Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari

I'll take it chapter by chapter, and try to keep a posting of what's going on here. Essentially, the book is supposed to be anti-psychiatry. And boy is it completely incomprehensible. I hope by the end of it I come out a little more loony than I am now, because right now, I'm boring as all hell.
OK, I look forward to your summaries. Post more if you wish, such as paragraphs that really grab you and change your thinking.

Capitalism to me is a little like super charged evolution.

Reactions: maakies