NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
That's all. I'm happy to not be embarrassed or in distress today as an American. Ngl, I was scared I'd be watching an assassination/attempt or another coup today... but I suppose it's still early. This is how low the bar for this country has become *face palm*

• Hugs
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, BluesRunTheGame, Kat! and 3 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
I still don't get why people want to move here. This place sucks. Biden is just another politician, he said "nothing will fundamentally change", he's a neo-con without the Trump attitude so that means we'll get involved in some other war in the Middle East and he'll not change anything significant.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, Sherri, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
he's a neo-con without the Trump attitude so that means we'll get involved in some other war in the Middle East and he'll not change anything significant.
This exactly. I imagine this being the best case scenario for these next four years. I loved the speech he gave...but it's really all talk at the end of the day. It was disappointing to watch while expecting/ knowing that this is really what's in store for the future.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal and BitterlyAlive_
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
How is Biden less embarrassing?

Reactions: Ethereal, NeverSatisfied and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Haha, made me laugh. I agree tbh. Either way this country is garbage imo. I mean things could be worse, sure. But this country sure ain't what we were brainwashed to believe as kids.

I think I'll always be embarrassed and ashamed to be an American.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I still don't get why people want to move here. This place sucks. Biden is just another politician, he said "nothing will fundamentally change", he's a neo-con without the Trump attitude so that means we'll get involved in some other war in the Middle East and he'll not change anything significant.
I agree with the Middle East picking again...

Reactions: NeverSatisfied and BitterlyAlive_
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
He at least wouldn't encourage a coup or tell those involved with an airborne terror threat (similar in nature to 911) that "he loves them." And we'll have friends with other countries...so yay pals (*sarcasm* I understand why this allies are important to have but after living abroad and following the politics there, I really think we're more necessary to their survival than they are to ours which is why we'll be accepted with open arms easily now that the orange is out of office)
this country sure ain't what we were brainwashed to believe as kids.
Yesss!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm "proud to be an American..." and all that good stuff but the least they could've done was taught us the fucked up parts we'd be tasked with fixing as children. We were expecting a wonderland where dreams come true like the rest of the world is told only to be faced with...well, what we have now...after growing up

Last edited:
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I'm relieved too. I was half-expecting someone to get assassinated. And yeah, until a lot of other reforms happen and a lot of misinformation/brainwashing stops, not much is going to change, so I hesitate to say things will be noticeably better, but at least things will be less worse, if that makes sense. Even if the changes that need to happen get going, I think we're still going to need a 40 years of wandering in the desert type of thing to get rid of people's old, divisive mindsets and bring people around to thinking progressively.

Also, Amanda Gorman's inauguration poem was really lovely, so at least it's an optimistic start to the new administration.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can't wait for nothing bad to ever happen again because of this, truly the evil has been forever defeated and it's not like the Orange Man can't just pull a Grover Cleveland and run again in 2024, right?

Yup, now that we have a Democrat president, plus senate and House majorities truly we can finally usher in a grand utopia of peace and prosperity forever and ever. I'm so sure that things will totally change for the better because the media wouldn't let anything bad happen either. If it doesn't get reported, it must not have happened right?

Reactions: ForcedLifeResistant and Good4Nothing
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
some funny memes and images going around cause of covid bernie sanders did sit pretty alone and packed in warm clothes at the inauguration.

EsNLn4uXIAArRtl.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HenryHobkins, NeverSatisfied and neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
This is one of my faves :) Source is here. Screenshot 2021 01 21 125004

• Love
Reactions: HenryHobkins, NeverSatisfied and DocNo
K

Kat!