Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Anyone used this as a sleeping aide, I know one user has, as it was briefly mentioned in a thread, but on a thread of its own, has anyone been prescribed it for sleeping? I have and I don't trust it,
Help? thoughts? Its a liquid form in a bottle, if I took the fricking lot would I sleep for a week, (my ideal!)

Reactions: sadworld
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Promethazine - yes I've tried it, but didn't help me at all.

Nitrazepam was the only thing that helped me sleep and it was VERY effective. However, the effect wore off over time and being a benzodiazepine it was horrible to get off of (I was on it for over a year).
I would advise against benzodiazepines based on my own experience - read about Jordan Peterson's.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Promethazine - yes I've tried it, but didn't help me at all.

Nitrazepam was the only thing that helped me sleep and it was VERY effective. However, the effect wore off over time and being a benzodiazepine it was horrible to get off of (I was on it for over a year).
I would advise against benzodiazepines based on my own experience - read about Jordan Peterson's.

Don't know it as that name, I am not one for medication, my mind set is, if my body does something, it does something for a reason, and we should not interfere with it via medications etc, but lack of sleep is driving me into anger and frustration!!

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Don't know it as that name, I am not one for medication, my mind set is, if my body does something, it does something for a reason, and we should not interfere with it via medications etc, but lack of sleep is driving me into anger and frustration!!
I'm guessing you must be in the USA as over there everything is known by the brand name.
It's the same thing :)

But yes lack of sleep, or even a disrupted sleep pattern, is a nightmare (there's a pun in there somewhere).

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I'm guessing you must be in the USA as over there everything is known by the brand name.
It's the same thing :)

But yes lack of sleep, or even a disrupted sleep pattern, is a nightmare (there's a pun in there somewhere).

Nope, southwest UK!

Reactions: Jumper Geo and sadworld
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Nope, southwest UK!

Oh yes I remember you telling me a while ago. I apologise.

Well promethazine is the 'active ingredient' in phenergan.
It is a 'sedating antihistamine'.

As I said it didn't work on me.
Nor did melatonin.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Oh yes I remember you telling me a while ago. I apologise.

Well promethazine is the 'active ingredient' in phenergan.
It is a 'sedating antihistamine'.

As I said it didn't work on me.
Nor did melatonin.

its fine, I have seen your threads, seen you have a lot of shit going on, actually been worried about you!! but glad you are still with us!

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo, sadworld and BipolarGuy
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Well this shit did nothing, still wide awake, nearly had half a bottle, still nada, ffs!

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and sadworld
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Anyone used this as a sleeping aide, I know one user has, as it was briefly mentioned in a thread, but on a thread of its own, has anyone been prescribed it for sleeping? I have and I don't trust it,
Help? thoughts? Its a liquid form in a bottle, if I took the fricking lot would I sleep for a week, (my ideal!)
I was given it by a dr during pregnancy for nausea, but was advised it be taken at night. When taking it, I don't recall having a bad nights sleep, or any stirring/rising throughout the night as I do now. I'm sure it helped immensely with sleep, as I've not slept that well during a pregnancy outside of that one. I don't remember any strange side effects caused by it either, such as any strange lucid dreams. I have to say that I would recommend it! Hope I could be of some help to you dear ...