she

she

one day at a time
Apr 9, 2023
I've been working for a while on writing my suicide note. In my efforts, it's become a lengthy "manifesto", of sorts. The word "manifesto" doesn't sound quite right, however. It's more of a collection of memoirs about my life and my ideas, because all I've ever really wanted is to be heard and understood. Everyone says to keep your suicide note short and to the point, but I couldn't leave this world behind without telling my story; my whole story. There's still so much left for me to say, and if there's a chance that someone may want to hear the things that I have to say, then I want to take that chance. I want more than anything for someone to read my story and truly understand me. I want those in my life who I'm leaving behind to fully understand why I made this decision. I've never quite understood why everyone says to "keep your suicide note short". I have so much to say. But I suppose, my only question is this— what is absolutely necessary to include in a suicide note? What should be included in a note to loved ones whom you've left behind?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: avaruus, corazon, flowers in the mist and 4 others
M

MissingYou

Sep 25, 2023
As someone who lost someone to suicide recently and had to deal with no note, I would have been happy to have had a "manifesto" to read and get into the thought process. For me, I would have a piece of him, his heart, and his thoughts to reflect on whenever I would miss him.

Write whatever YOU think is important someone should know. It is your story. Shoot, at this point I would be happy with a text saying "love ya".

• Love
Reactions: Volton, darknesscomesquick, samsara_96 and 5 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Ig 2 things: tell them it wasn't their fault and convince them you have no future just suffering so they don't regret they didn't notice you were suicidal and try to save u

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MissingYou, YandereMikuMistress and Blahblahlah
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
your truth about whatever you want. its your note 🖤

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I found your post interesting because I too have alot to say. About my many interactions with our corrupt medical system. Like you say, you end up with a huge document. Personally I don't want people to say " she was crazy, she left a 10 page rambling note". But i feel such rage towards the soulless demons ive encountered that i cant leave without telling my story. And that's why mine is unfinished and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Like you, I want the facts known so get where you're coming from.

Reactions: BurningSita
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
It is your choice how long your note is., so make it as long as you like. It's something very personal, don't think that you have to keep it short. As for me, I think my note will also be long.

Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
I cannot offer advice for your situation. I have similar feelings toward writing a sucide note though. I hope you don't mind me sharing them.

I've been thinking of writing a note and how to even go about it for years. I doubt I'd be able to keep it short. There's simply so much that I'd want to say. Events that have happened to me and how I've perceived them, hopes and dreams that now feel long dead, regrets. I fear that if I start though I'd soon lose myself to rambling and would come across as delusional. I suppose I am in some respects. To avoid people writing off anything I leave behind I'd need to structure my "note" (honestly it feels like it be more like a novella lmao) with topics, subjects, paragraphs, proper grammar and punctuation, etc etc. Then it just becomes this massive project in my mind and I just never start. Sometimes I even like to characterise this as another failure in and of itself and try to use that to drive me closer to suicide.

Not sure if I'll ever make a note but the thought of leaving behind a glimpse into my life for other people to perhaps understand my quality of life offers me some comfort. It is something I would like to pursue eventually. Not sure how much time I have left though lol.