J

jakaranda3

Feb 5, 2021
do you feel like that your personality changed at some point in your life due to a particular external event(s)? Do you think you would evolve to the same person you are now even if those events didnt happen?

I once was an extroverted child, happy and friendly. upto 13 years old - when puberty hit drastic change happen. there were 2 independent events (my attitudes) separated by few months that others made use to bully me (psychological abuse, name calling), and these two events happened in two different friend circles. these durated for like 3 years. those were the most unhappy times of my life and feel they marked me for life. i was even afraid to go school.
Had severe OCD (i think after first event) (undiagnosed), which decreased in severity as years passed by, to practically cured after 7 years.

As defense mechanism, I developed a cold personality, cant develop intimacy or love, avoidant behavior.
I feel I can blame that everything snowballed on those 2 events that lead to my personality today. but on deeper analysis probably if not those two events, other similar events would happen anyway, in the end due to my innate personality to begin with.

my ideas, life views, ambitions, dont match with society, and probably thats the true reason why i ended up in this repressed state - genetics response to environment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Luchs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yes. My personality 100% took a turn for the worst on December 20th, 2015 when I found out this girl I was friends with and about to confess to actually got with someone else. I know it's kind of a dumb thing to get hung up on but this really tore me apart because it confirmed every horrible thing I felt about myself when I had already been devastated by other tragedies in the weeks prior. After this, I went from being an optimist who always wanted to make my friends happy to being a bitter and cruel person who wanted everyone to suffer as I had suffered. I no longer cared about others, and I certainly didn't care about myself already. I even turned into a racist against the particular race of the other guy (don't worry, he's not black lol). These days I sometimes miss how I used to be, so naive and trusting but that person is dead already and the rest of him should follow too.

• Hugs
Reactions: jakaranda3 and Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
For me it is the exact opposite. Apart from some surface level stuff I am still the same person I always was. I kinda like it that way.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and jakaranda3