sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
So this morning my car was hit by another car on my way to work, all my fault. The other person said it'd be best to not involve cops. It's bad, I fucked both of our cars up but they are both drivable. Thing is I'm broke! So now I'm trying to get a personal loan. I have bad credit, just tbh. I'm from California. Anyone know where I can get a personal loan with a low credit score? Pm or respond. Thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and Woodnote
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would involve cops or just walk away from it. If they weren't at fault or didn't have something to hide, they'd want cops involved.

Did you give them anything in writing that admits fault? Did you think to record the conversation? Do they have your address? Do they have your full name? What contact info did you give them?

Personally, I think the best response is to completely ignore this person and change your telephone number, email address, whatever contact info they have. Keep whatever info you have in case they try to intimidate you later, such as photos, license plate number, contact info, etc. Write down every detail you remember, I'd be willing to bet they got to you when you were shaken, and you'll start remembering little details with distance from the event. This is not a good, law-abiding person. Immediate and full no contact would be best.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadbunny
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I second the above. It is highly suspect that they didn't want cops involved. It tells me they absolutely had something to hide. I hope you did not give them any personal information, like your full name or address. It is possible you may be able to walk away from this. At this point, what would be the proof either way as to who is at fault unless you gave a written or recorded confession.

sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
We exchanged numbers, it was really all of my fault. I made a u-turn in the far lane and tboned me. The reason he doesn't want the police involved is because a deduction in points and a mark on our record

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Not sure where you are from, but how would he get penalized if it wasn't his fault?

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
We exchanged numbers, it was really all of my fault. I made a u-turn in the far lane and tboned me. The reason he doesn't want the police involved is because a deduction in points and a mark on our record

That was a manipulation. He's not concerned about your record. He was in the wrong and/or has something to hide.

And he will try to scam you. He's a con artist. See the thread on persuasion techniques, he used the unity ploy with marks on "our" record. I used to work in auto insurance claims. He will likely present you with estimates from body shops of people he knows. There will be additional damages found during repairs. The second you pay a dime, you admit fault, then he later has physical injuries and threatens lawsuits.

Seriously, my heartfelt advice is to change your number, do everything I suggested before, and stay away from this person. They have your name, they can figure out where you live, so be on the alert for intimidation tactics and remember that's all they are. This person has no real power here. In fact, I would do a background check on this person. They are sketchy. If you don't have insurance, use your money to repair your own car. If you do have insurance, report this immediately; your rates will only go up if they pay out and you are at fault, so you can pay for your own damages our of your own pocket (but go through the insurance company to get an estimate and use a body shop they endorse). Then if you feel compelled to talk to that jerk, give him the insurance claim number and cut off all contact.

Anyhow, I've done all I can do here. You're responsible for you, I can't control you or fix anything. It is absolutely your right to reject my perspective and my advice and I don't demand that you accept or or follow either. I sincerely wish for your well-being, including the right to determine it for yourself.

Last edited:
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
Ty for your response, he took pictures of my license plate. What about that?
I don't want to get in any trouble @GoodPersonEffed Thats what I'm scared of

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Ty for your response, he took pictures of my license plate. What about that?
I don't want to get in any trouble @GoodPersonEffed Thats what I'm scared of

I hear and acknowledge your fear. I'm not in a place of soothing, though, but I want you to know that I'm not overlooking it. I'm in a place of power, and that's what I have to share. If this post comes across as tough, it's not directed at you but at him. It's empowerment I'm trying to share with you. I will not let him have power over me, too, and give him any access to fear from me. He doesn't warrant it. Bullies and scam artists don't. So that's where I'm coming from in this post. I'm not negating you, but his shit. That's all it is, just stinky shit. Here's some air freshener.

When in fear, it takes executive control. The advice I gave you was thorough and solid. It will help you with awareness and to have power in this. It will help you be in control. He fucked with you, but you don't have to keep letting him fuck with you, that gives him power when he doesn't have any, and that's what he wanted. Don't give it to him. Don't give him anything else. He took a picture, so what? Did you take pictures, too? Have you written notes to document? If he harasses you, document everything. He's trying to run a scam, you don't have to let him have what he has no right to, including your peace of mind. There will always be people who try to take what is rightfully others', but that doesn't mean you're obliged to reward them.

My advice and opinions: Get mad for a minute. Protect what is yours. Protect you. Don't let the anger take any more charge than the fear, but use it to recognize you have boundaries. Anger tells you when a boundary has been dishonored and attacked. You need to connect with your boundaries and honor them. They are your protection. That jerk is weak. He's a petty criminal and a bully. He will give up when he sees he can't bowl you over. He picked the wrong mark, he'll find others when he sees he can't get a payoff. Hold your ground, no matter how scared you get. The first time may be hard, because you're flexing muscles you haven't yet used. They'll get stronger. Build your awareness, fortify yourself with the advice I gave you, and show your fear (and your anger) you've got this. You have power.

Edit: @Yomyom went through an N scam where they tried to use fear tactics. He didn't let them win. I suggest using the site search for his post(s) about it, or maybe he'll share a link here if so inclined.

Last edited: