CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023

I've been thinking about this quite a bit recently. Something about the "bad" ending and his version of reality felt impactful. I've always found it strange how people tend to frame it as a bad thing. Not even the game itself says that it's a "bad" ending, just a different ending. Furthermore, I've always found the arguments against it to be sorely lacking in good reasoning. I mean, realistically, who the hell would say no to someone offering to create a legitimately utopian society? I've also found it strange how people seem to also fetishize suffering, it's like a strange rationalization for people, the idea that suffering must exist in some capacity and that eliminating it is wrong in some way. Is this just status quo bias rearing its head? The idea that such a world is impossible so people cope by rationalizing that a world like that is actually bad? I just don't understand it; this reverence of suffering has never made sense to me. I would sacrifice pretty much anything to create such a world. For anyone else who knows anything about this part of the game and what I'm talking about, what do you think?