TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
"Yesterday seems as though it never existed."

That's how I (a depressed person) perceive time. The events of recent years, even recent months feel like a distant memory. It's like I don't feel like they were even there. Yet I'm still hung up on things I've done in the past. I feel like I'm losing my grip on time and my perception becomes distorted. Anyone else have a similar experience?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JustHeckinKillMe, WinterFaust, peacefully31425 and 3 others
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
It almost seems as if every time I blink, another week has gone by. When trying to recall an event I often can't say if it was a week ago, a month or a year. Time these days is a funny thing.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Deleted member 17331, mathieu and 1 other person
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
This afternoon feels like it's fucking lasting forever though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and Deleted member 17331
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I remember reading that your perception of time gets shorter as you age, specially in your 20's. it's scary to think that what once felt like a year is now shorter than a couple of months.

Maybe it's a good thing, at least for me, this is not a life worth remembering.

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, Skathon and Deleted member 17331
Nyxx33

Nyxx33

May 8, 2020
I honestly have realized that time never felt continuous or connected to me. It seems like people have all these memories that help them build on their identity and for the future.. but even if I have been obsessing over the past a lot as of late, time feels like an eternity and like a gagillion things happen in such a short amount of time. Probably because I'm so damn unstable and have never really stuck to anything in my life and I'm only 33. Which makes me so scared... if one year feels like a lifetime, I can't imagine living even a couple more years.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Fragile and Skathon
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
Time keeps goin' byy faster n faster and I'm struckk. No, not in the past but not in the present either.

Reactions: TheSoulless
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
Things that happened a year ago seem like they happened yesterday. Things that happened yesterday seem like they happened years ago.

Reactions: Skathon, WinterFaust and TheSoulless
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Time is the biggest mystery there is and there are so many questions. We face a subjective appreciation of time without any understanding of what time actually is. The laws of physics work perfectly well without the concept of time, back wards or forwards and indeed in some ways it makes no sense.

Reactions: Skathon, Brick In The Wall, WinterFaust and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Time is the biggest mystery there is and there are so many questions. We face a subjective appreciation of time without any understanding of what time actually is. The laws of physics work perfectly well without the concept of time, back wards or forwards and indeed in some ways it makes no sense.
It makes no sense because time is merely a manmade construct. Time is relative after all.

Lately minutes have felt like hours to me, hours like days. But I know it's only because of the current duress I'm under. Stress can definitely have a huge impact on your perception of time.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless