• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do you think I‘m a ungrateful person?

• Yes

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
I'm physically healthy but tend to end my life. Do you think I'm a ungrateful person?

if you want to remain anonymous, feel free to vote only.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, FTL.Wanderer, Redt2go and 2 others
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
I don't think you're ungrateful at all, I've been suicidal prior to being physically disabled, it's horrible. BUT I wish I had worked smarter & harder in my youth so whatever I decided to do now I'd be able to (ie get N, pay for better doctors & get better care for recovery).
I don't believe enough emphasis is placed on financial literacy security in the education curriculum in the US.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, brighter, Worthless_nobody and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
No :(. Don't be mean to yourself

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, brighter, Worthless_nobody and 6 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I'm not ill from physical disease. But health is in the body & also the mind. Don't feel bad for what you feel. There is something that doesn't work in you & me. We would like help, but after we tried (At least me) it didn't seem to work.
A big hug

Reactions: Redt2go, Deleted member 4993, brighter and 3 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I'm physically healthy but tend to end my life. Do you think I'm a ungrateful person?

if you want to remain anonymous, feel free to vote only.

I think you are no more ungrateful than someone who chooses to cut her/his hair. Like with your hair, you had no choice in having your life. But both belong to you. If you don't like your hair, you cut it. And if you don't like life, you get rid of it. It's too bad our culture insists on deciding what's morally right for everyone else even when the issue is so personal. Nearly all of these people maligning the suicidal, if they were in conditions THEY considered bad enough (having been captured by enemies of their government who were determined to torture them to death slowly...), would choose to commit suicide to save themselves from future pain. But you're "ungrateful" (wrong) for choosing to commit suicide. Hypocrites.

Reactions: Redt2go, Bedlamb, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
No and to be honest I don't like this question. It's not the first time I've heard it. Sorry to be blunt. But I haven't lost all empathy for people just because I have physical health issues. I was suicidal before I had physical issues! Even if I wasn't, I'd be able to understand how someone could be that way even in a healthy body. I may be jealous of your health, but I'd never consider you ungrateful.

Reactions: Dead Meat, Deleted member 4993, brighter and 6 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I have no idea how ungrateful you are. Further, don't think in absolutes: people aren't grateful/ungrateful. We all take some things for granted but recognize the value of other things. But when you're depressed, the bad tends to be your focus and accentuated.

As for serious illness, we deal with it differently. I have severe chronic pain and am beaten down by it. I have a friend in similar pain who is full of energy and happy.

Reactions: chrijo and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Your Own Ghost

Your Own Ghost

Human
Mar 12, 2019
Maybe I'm just feeling spacey, but I'm not sure if I ever heard of a person calling another ungrateful for wanting to end their life. Many other things, sure, but not ungrateful. It seems like something a mother would tell her child for throwing a fit. Your prompt did however remind me of a quote by David Foster Wallace I'd like to share:

"The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling."

I don't know if that applies specifically to your situation, but imagine, then, someone standing on the ground, pointing up to a person falling from a burning building and saying "Well would you look at that ungrateful person!"

Reactions: chrijo and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Big thanks to everyone :-)

"Ungrateful" because of I'm tend to throwing away what they've lost. I would understand the feelings of such people, they've lost the most precious thing in life - physical integrity. I'm mental broken as fuck, I don't want to degrade the mental illness with it.

Reactions: Marawa, brighter and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
Why is mental illness considered less important or less painful as physical illnesses? I've seen people be crippled by physical pain and I've seen people be crippled by their own mind.
You're not ungrateful honey, you're in pain ❤️

Reactions: Dead Meat, Bedlamb, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Why is mental illness considered less important or less painful as physical illnesses? I've seen people be crippled by physical pain and I've seen people be crippled by their own mind.
You're not ungrateful honey, you're in pain ❤
When I separated from my wife, I had a heartache that was awful. I never thought I could suffer so much. It was unexpected. It is a pity that any doctor didn't give me nothing. One of the worst aches ever felt. It was real, physical. So much hurt.

Reactions: chrijo, Marawa and brighter
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
When I separated from my wife, I had a heartache that was awful. I never thought I could suffer so much. It was unexpected. It is a pity that any doctor didn't give me nothing. One of the worst aches ever felt. It was real, physical. So much hurt.
Maybe you had the Broken-Heart-Syndrome

I had the same thing, feels like an elephant standing on your chest and your loved one stabbing a scorching knife in your heart. Since that moment I'm pretty sure: love can kill.

Reactions: Marawa and Roberto
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Pain comes from the brain no matter it be physical or mental.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and chrijo
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for the option to give an anonymous answer,i voted no

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and chrijo
Zaynaldeen

Zaynaldeen

blackpilled subhuman manlet
Oct 18, 2018
As someone who's been physically ill since 7 years old, I'd say yes. I would do anything to rid myself of this disease, but I don't know about your issues so I won't say more.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteRabbit, chrijo and Marawa
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think you are ungrateful at all. Psychological pain is just as valid as physical pain and sometimes it can be very damaging (or even worse than physical pain). You also don't owe anyone any reason to end it and don't have to justify yourself to anyone IMHO.

Reactions: chrijo
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I have severe neuropathic pain over 50% of my body. It feels like i'm being burned alive. To say it sucks is an understatement. I also now have depression. I would trade places with someone with just depression in a heartbeat. I don't think people with without 24/7 horrible chronic pain can really understand it.

I don't think you're ungrateful, but I envy your good health

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, chrijo and Marawa
Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
I have bipolar illness and a new chronic pain condition. I was already suicidal with the bipolar alone... and even when life was "good"... so I know how you feel. It is NOT to be minimized. Now this physical condition has exacerbated the psych illness. If only one of them could go away.