StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Haha.. easier said then done and I'm definitely not the one to preach!

My reasoning is that you can never know for sure when your days come to an end (unless your on death row in Iran or the US and even then they can let you wait years..lol).

So while you wait for death you may as well be as healthy as possible.. in the best case scenario this may even lead you to wanting you to enjoy life (god forbid) + (unless you are an "extreme" nihilist).

And if not, you will still have the physical and mental capacity of taking your own life. Trust me, you don't want this case vice versa.

Bit drunk, do you get what I mean?

• Love
Reactions: purplesmoothie, lostangel, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes I agree. I definitely regret not quitting SSRI's and maintaining a stable gym routine years ago. By the time I thought myself ready for it, it was already too late.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020

My reasoning is that you can never know for sure when your days come to an end (unless your on death row in Iran or the US and even then they can let you wait years..lol).

So while you wait for death you may as well be as healthy as possible.. in the best case scenario this may even lead you to wanting you to enjoy life (god forbid) + (unless you are an "extreme" nihilist).

And if not, you will still have the physical and mental capacity of taking your own life. Trust me, you don't want this case vice versa.

I maintain my health, I work out, I walk, shop, cook, I go out to eat have a drink. I am always by myself. All of that is not changing how I feel inside. I have no one in my life. Making friends is hard, I don't know how to do it. Most people my age are married or have lives they don't want someone coming into theres.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: purplesmoothie, Mm80, searchingfreedom and 11 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I maintain my health, I work out, I walk, shop, cook, I go out to eat have a drink. I am always by myself. All of that is not changing how I feel inside. I have no one in my life. Making friends is hard, I don't know how to do it. Most people my age are married or have lives they don't want someone coming into theres.
Same here. I've lost all of my friends due to my previously undiagnosed and untreated mental illness. As of this year, I'm pretty alone which is painful bc I am actually not a loner by nature. Wanna be friends?

• Love
Reactions: purplesmoothie, searchingfreedom, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Same here. I've lost all of my friends due to my previously undiagnosed and untreated mental illness. As of this year, I'm pretty alone which is painful bc I am actually not a loner by nature. Wanna be friends?
That is nice of you. We can be friends. I like your name.

• Love
Reactions: purplesmoothie, Deleted member 4993 and Teal_Blue_Dreams
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
May I ask what country / culture you reside in?

PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020

@fat feet...I could post an identical message. I realized one day many years ago that of the few friends I have, they either moved from the very expensive San Francisco Bay Area or got partnered, leaving me with no one. I hadn't invested in building my network and at 56, and with COVID, it's been very difficult to make the kind of deeper friendships I want (I'm more of a quality over quantity guy).

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, fat feet, musicalpriest and 3 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Canada. What has that got to do with it?
Just curious. But not surprised since Canada is very sparsely populated unless your urban.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I could make massive efforts to drag myself along in a world full of people who make me feel terrible and at the same time hate everything about myself, but could you tell me why I should do this? There are only two reasons I see people give:

1.) For the good experiences that will also come with life.
2.) So that I don't hurt others by leaving sooner than I would have otherwise.

For some people, the pain and suffering far outweighs the good and I honestly don't really care much about the good times when I have to go through so much shit to get them. And I don't think I am obligated to imprison myself here just so I don't hurt people who didn't mind hurting me.

Plus, we will be facing major global crisis from so many directions within the coming years that this hellscape will only become worse. Global warming, energy crisis, exhausting non renewable resources, polluting the oceans, disrupting ecosystems, asteroids, supervolcanos, earthquakes bigger than we've ever seen before that cause tsunamis, viruses and other pandemics, world war, and economic collapse. Every one of those things WILL HAPPEN eventually, it's just a matter of when. To me, it seems like they are coming sooner than I thought. Human activity is speeding up some of those things drastically and our population is growing way too fast. EDIT: Not to mention the roles that pesticides, fertilizers, nuclear waste, plastics that make the ocean a carcinogenic soup, and every other chemical play in destroying life on earth. The amount of ways humans pollute the earth is sickening and we are all guilty of killing mother earth.

That's not even factoring how humans treat each other on a personal basis. Don't just say, "Well you could walk down the street without getting murdered or attacked". What's worse than that is being slowly driven insane by all of these social games people play and ways people could fuck with your head and make you feel terrible. We are physically more safe, but the mental torture has been turned waaay up. There doesn't have to be murder in this day and age. Now, they just need to gradually make you so crazy that you'll want to kill yourself, which is happening at higher rates than ever before. There still is tons of physical violence too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thx1138, purplesmoothie, Deleted member 20852 and 5 others
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020

Thanks for sharing this! I always appreciate the people who are pushing themselves to be positive even though they are well... here lol. It means a lot that even CTB does have to be the only option

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, fat feet and StateOfMind
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I could make massive efforts to drag myself along in a world full of people who make me feel terrible and at the same time hate everything about myself, but could you tell me why I should do this? There are only two reasons I see people give:

1.) For the good experiences that will also come with life.
2.) So that I don't hurt others by leaving sooner than I would have otherwise.

For some people, the pain and suffering far outweighs the good and I honestly don't really care much about the good times when I have to go through so much shit to get them. And I don't think I am obligated to imprison myself here just so I don't hurt people who didn't mind hurting me.

Plus, we will be facing major global crisis from so many directions within the coming years that this hellscape will only become worse. Global warming, energy crisis, exhausting non renewable resources, polluting the oceans, disrupting ecosystems, asteroids, supervolcanos, earthquakes bigger than we've ever seen before that cause tsunamis, viruses and other pandemics, world war, and economic collapse. Every one of those things WILL HAPPEN eventually, it's just a matter of when. To me, it seems like they are coming sooner than I thought. Human activity is speeding up some of those things drastically and our population is growing way too fast. EDIT: Not to mention the roles that pesticides, fertilizers, nuclear waste, plastics that make the ocean a carcinogenic soup, and every other chemical play in destroying life on earth. The amount of ways humans pollute the earth is sickening and we are all guilty of killing mother earth.

That's not even factoring how humans treat each other on a personal basis. Don't just say, "Well you could walk down the street without getting murdered or attacked". What's worse than that is being slowly driven insane by all of these social games people play and ways people could fuck with your head and make you feel terrible. We are physically more safe, but the mental torture has been turned waaay up. There doesn't have to be murder in this day and age. Now, they just need to gradually make you so crazy that you'll want to kill yourself, which is happening at higher rates than ever before. There still is tons of physical violence too.

I agree with much of what you say.

I feel like you missed the point a bit. We all have our reasons for wanting to die.

What I am attempting to communicate is that until our day of death arrives (whether it be through suicide, accident, old age or slow kill) I feel, we should still try to make the most of it (do not isolate but try to get your opinions out there [not necessarily death lol but I think you get the picture] ) so our death will not be in-vein and potentially (for other more happy people) not having to search for suicide methods.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Captive of Mind
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I agree with much of what you say.

I feel like you missed the point a bit. We all have our reasons for wanting to die.

What I am attempting to communicate is that until our day of death arrives (whether it be through suicide, accident, old age or slow kill) I feel, we should still try to make the most of it (do not isolate but try to get your opinions out there [not necessarily death lol but I think you get the picture] ) so our death will not be in-vein and potentially (for other more happy people) not having to search for suicide methods.
You're right, you were actually making a good point and I saw that and I know your message wasn't in opposition to mine. Maybe this wasn't the thread to post my opinion on but something clicked in me and I decided to put it out there. It might be because I've seen pro lifeish posts from you before and I wanted to give my perspective on things. I also do this because I want honest feedback from others and if they have points that I didn't consider, I would like to know them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, fat feet and AvaAdore
YellowSneakers

YellowSneakers

Aug 2, 2020
Sounds corny, but health truly is wealth. Physical illness exponentially compounds emotional/mental issues.

Reactions: Hyperbunny, Deleted member 4993, fat feet and 6 others
musicalpriest

musicalpriest

Sep 16, 2020

I am exactly the same. I'd love to be friends with you as well!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and fat feet

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
If the reasoning was enough to do something with my life, I wouldn't be here in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and fat feet
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
@fat feet...I could post an identical message. I realized one day many years ago that of the few friends I have, they either moved from the very expensive San Francisco Bay Area or got partnered, leaving me with no one. I hadn't invested in building my network and at 56, and with COVID, it's been very difficult to make the kind of deeper friendships I want (I'm more of a quality over quantity guy).
I am 57. I agree with the quality over quantity. I am going through a divorce and the people you thought were your friends, are not always friends.
How very kind of you. Thank you. Feel free to PM me.
Thank you! How was your day?
You can PM me. Instead of talking on the thread. Sorry I did not stay on the site. I try to limit my time.
Just curious. But not surprised since Canada is very sparsely populated unless your urban.
I live in a city, I have lived all across the country. "Very sparsely populated" is not something I would call Canada.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I wish someone had told me this earlier. I didn't realize how important my physical appearance was to me until I let it go. Always thought I was ugly, it's not worth preserving because it gets me nowhere, then when I look back now idk man I think I might have been kinda cute. Now I'm that +30 lbs lol and it's tangible how much it affects my mental state.

As for physical health and some other areas of mental health, the things that can go wrong are a whole other animal from just depression or mixed states.

You can appreciate what you have and still want to let go while you have it I think because throwing it away just make things so much more intolerable. At least sadness can be reasonable.

• Hugs
Reactions: purplesmoothie and Deleted member 4993
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I wish someone had told me this earlier. I didn't realize how important my physical appearance was to me until I let it go. Always thought I was ugly, it's not worth preserving because it gets me nowhere, then when I look back now idk man I think I might have been kinda cute. Now I'm that +30 lbs lol and it's tangible how much it affects my mental state.

As for physical health and some other areas of mental health, the things that can go wrong are a whole other animal from just depression or mixed states.

You can appreciate what you have and still want to let go while you have it I think because throwing it away just make things so much more intolerable. At least sadness can be reasonable.
On a positive note, 30lbs can be lost in a year if it is not a medical issue.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Xocoyotziin
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
When you're motivated enough lol. I know it's not so bad though :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: fat feet and Deleted member 4993
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
When you're motivated enough lol. I know it's not so bad though :hug:
It can mess with your mind if it is an important part of your identity. The good news is if you have been in better physical condition you can attain it again faster than someone that has not. That is a decent motivator to work towards.

Reactions: Xocoyotziin
musicalpriest

musicalpriest

Sep 16, 2020
I am 57. I agree with the quality over quantity. I am going through a divorce and the people you thought were your friends, are not always friends.

How very kind of you. Thank you. Feel free to PM me.

You can PM me. Instead of talking on the thread. Sorry I did not stay on the site. I try to limit my time.

I live in a city, I have lived all across the country. "Very sparsely populated" is not something I would call Canada.
I don't know how to PM you, but if you can figure out a way to send your e-mail to me (doesn't have to be a personal one), I'd be more than happy to keep in communication!

Reactions: fat feet
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Thank you! How was your day?
@fatfeet Hi! I see that you wrote me back on my wall but I don't know how to reply to it. Do you know what I can do to respond with my restrictions as a newbie? (Is what I am doing right now the only option? lol)

Reactions: fat feet
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
You have bryan adams. That is enough to keep going for. I think thats what he means anyway.
LOL, yes there is always Brian.
I don't know how to PM you, but if you can figure out a way to send your e-mail to me (doesn't have to be a personal one), I'd be more than happy to keep in communication!
Sorry, I will keep our conversation here.