MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
I have hyperfocus on a Swedish Thrash Metal band called "Brejn Dedd". This band has always helped me a lot when I needed it, and it's very special to me. I could talk about Brejn Dedd and all its members for hours, I know practically everything about them. I'm always listening to their music (or music from another member's band, like Attention and Abruptum), when I wake up they're the first thing I think of, all the melodies of their songs are stuck in my head and I often repeat them without at least understand. In fact, one of them became my door knock. Some of their lyrics are very complicated to understand, so I'm working with the greatest care and affection to get them.
I'm also trying to make things available about them on the internet, as they're not such a well-known band, it's difficult to find information. In fact, at the moment I have 3 of their demos that they released in the 80s. Demos that were only released in cassette format at the time. The demos are: The First Demo, Ugly Tape and Born Ugly. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Everything reminds me of them, and really, if they let me talk about this band, I would talk for hours and hours about absolutely EVERYTHING. I love them, I hope they know that one day. I hope they know how happy they make me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have ADHD lol

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ClaudeCTTE, cgrtt.brns, lachrymost and 2 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
I have hyperfocus on a Swedish Thrash Metal band called "Brejn Dedd". This band has always helped me a lot when I needed it, and it's very special to me. I could talk about Brejn Dedd and all its members for hours, I know practically everything about them. I'm always listening to their music (or music from another member's band, like Attention and Abruptum), when I wake up they're the first thing I think of, all the melodies of their songs are stuck in my head and I often repeat them without at least understand. In fact, one of them became my door knock. Some of their lyrics are very complicated to understand, so I'm working with the greatest care and affection to get them.
I'm also trying to make things available about them on the internet, as they're not such a well-known band, it's difficult to find information. In fact, at the moment I have 3 of their demos that they released in the 80s. Demos that were only released in cassette format at the time. The demos are: The First Demo, Ugly Tape and Born Ugly. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Everything reminds me of them, and really, if they let me talk about this band, I would talk for hours and hours about absolutely EVERYTHING. I love them, I hope they know that one day. I hope they know how happy they make me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have ADHD lol
I have hyperfocus on an artist who composes piano music.

Myuu

FIlthyFrank666

FIlthyFrank666

"Sometimes I dream of saving the world" [...]
Sep 11, 2023
Hello, friend.

I can't tell you for sure, but I've suspected for a while (about a year) that I have ADHD too, I've always been VERY fond of programming and dealing with technology, ever since I was a kid.

My parents, always very ignorant, always treated it as trivial and hated it when I spent a few hours in front of my computer, which was the only thing that made me happy, until today...

I have hyperfocus on a Swedish Thrash Metal band called "Brejn Dedd"
I'm happy for you and curious about this band, where can I find out more about them?

Here I go.
👋

MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
Hello, friend.

I can't tell you for sure, but I've suspected for a while (about a year) that I have ADHD too, I've always been VERY fond of programming and dealing with technology, ever since I was a kid.

My parents, always very ignorant, always treated it as trivial and hated it when I spent a few hours in front of my computer, which was the only thing that made me happy, until today...

I'm happy for you and curious about this band, where can I find out more about them?

Here I go.
👋
Hello. I'm glad you have something that interests you so much and makes you happy. I don't know much about programming, at most I have a friend who deals with it a lot. I find it very interesting and I wanted to learn more. About the band, there isn't much information available on the internet... so I would recommend that you buy the "Ugly Songs" CD or Vinyl if you are really interested in them. I've been thinking about creating a Wikipedia for them, to make certain information more accessible... their music is on Spotify (At least most of them), and you can find some photos of them on Facebook, Instagram etc.
Currently, they only have one album available, a compilation (Ugly Songs), which has most of the things they did from 1988 to 1993, live recordings and everything.
I have hyperfocus on an artist who composes piano music.

Myuu

Damn, that's pretty cool! I love songs that have piano, I actually played piano a while ago.

Last edited:
rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I'm autistic and my special interest, at least currently, is climate litigation. Which is pratical because otherwise I'd surely fail everything in my law degree.

FIlthyFrank666

FIlthyFrank666

Sep 11, 2023
Hello again.
I don't know much about programming, at most I have a friend who deals with it a lot. I find it very interesting and I wanted to learn more.
Thank you very much for being so polite, I admit I was interested in your friend who deals with programming, I mean, I don't know anyone, either personally or on the Internet who deals with it, it makes me very sad, somehow, could you tell me more about him?

Possible hobbies, programming languages, operating systems he could use?

• Hugs
Reactions: MulherSatanás
MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
Hello again.

Thank you very much for being so polite, I admit I was interested in your friend who deals with programming, I mean, I don't know anyone, either personally or on the Internet who deals with it, it makes me very sad, somehow, could you tell me more about him?

Possible hobbies, programming languages, operating systems he could use?
Man, I don't understand anything about language... so I won't know how to answer you, I don't understand any of this (even with him explaining it to me, lol). The only thing I know is that he loves Linux. He's actually a really cool person to talk to, funny and very important to me.

Reactions: FIlthyFrank666
FIlthyFrank666

FIlthyFrank666

Sep 11, 2023
Man, I don't understand anything about language... so I won't know how to answer you, I don't understand any of this (even with him explaining it to me, lol). The only thing I know is that he loves Linux. He's actually a really cool person to talk to, funny and very important to me.
Hello again.

Interesting, I was always a Linux user when I was younger, I had a weak computer and I always used Ubuntu, it was wonderful, now that I'm better off financially, I only use the Mac, but Linux certainly has a special place in my computer learning.

• Hugs
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Learning new technology...

• Hugs
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Music. Mainly Progressive Rock.

Since I was a child, I used to listen to Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.
However, when I was 15 years old, I became interested in Progressive Rock, and since then, I've never stopped listening to it.

I typically enjoy music from Progressive Rock bands of the 1970s, particularly the most well-known groups in the genre such as Yes, ELP, Genesis, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Camel, and U.K.
The only exception is Pink Floyd; to be honest, I don't like their music.

Among these bands, my focus is primarily on their 1970s work, and I rarely explore their albums from the 1980s or 90s. I have a habit of listening to the same songs repeatedly because they transport me into daydreams.

Sometimes, I find myself reading Wikipedia articles or watching YouTube videos about the history of these bands and the genre, although I tend to forget much of what I learn by the end of the day. I never venture into other music genres apart from Progressive Rock. Occasionally, when I'm not in the mood for Progressive Rock, I turn to Jazz Fusion, but only to musicians associated with Prog Rock, such as Bill Bruford, Allan Holdsworth, Jean-Luc Ponty, or Pierre Moerlen.

Discussing my musical tastes has always been a challenge for me because the people I've met in real life often don't know what Prog Rock is, with Pink Floyd being the sole exception, as they are commonly classified as Classic Rock rather than Prog Rock.

I've consistently been hyper-focused on this genre to the point where I can't tolerate listening to mainstream music (I dislike Latin Music) when I'm out and about.
It's frustrating that whenever they play rock or metal in public, it's usually the most famous bands and songs like AC/DC, Metallica, Nirvana, Guns N Roses, KISS, etc.

I understand that this happens because I live in a small town in a developing country.

Adults here usually listen to old music from my country and often stereotype Rock as music for "Satanists and drug addicts," despite the fact that the music they enjoy often glorifies money, women, and drug dealing.

Meanwhile, the younger generation in my town tends to follow in their parents' footsteps by listening to whatever's trendy. And if it's not local music, they listen to some Latin music genres like Latin Rap, Latin Pop, Reggaeton, Latin Trap, or, when it comes to international music, they lean towards the most famous or trending Rock, Pop, or Hip Hop.

Some people consider me a weirdo for my music tastes, but I'm grateful that my curiosity and access to the internet have allowed me to enjoy music that I might never have discovered otherwise.
It's not that I want to feel superior to them for being attached to something that's unusual to them. It's just that I don't understand why, when I ask them about their music preferences, they often say they "listen to everything," yet they never seem willing to give a 20-minute song a chance...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
SKZ and Enhypen lmao