• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wantedloser

wantedloser

Jul 13, 2024
How do you deal with the guilt and shame of your own self knowing there are people in far worse conditions than you who are surviving, they do not even have the privilege to complain. There is so much suffering in the world.

lamargue

lamargue

algernon
Jun 5, 2024
there will always be people suffering more than you, and always people that are suffering less. it's important probably to work through your own problems, and only then can you choose to help those who are less fortunate

Reactions: Tesha, AmberianDawn and Ash
wantedloser

wantedloser

Jul 13, 2024
there will always be people suffering more than you, and always people that are suffering less. it's important probably to work through your own problems, and only then can you choose to help those who are less fortunate
Yeah, but I feel like an ungrateful POS but my interests just are different, idk, just intp lore. Like I am so lucky in some ways, shouldn't I be happy? Why must my brain work this way. I guess I'll just vent now. Wish I could see past brain hardcoded attraction and love someone despite things they never chose.

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I relate to this. When I was spiraling into depression, I did not even dare to vent anywhere because I have a life that is too fortunate for me to complain and reading people's stories online made me even more depressed, both from the empathetic perspective of being sorry for all the sufferings people have to endure and the selfish perspective of not even having a reason as valid and severe as theirs. I was filled by guilt of not deserving to suffer and therefore being "offensive" to and "appropriating" those who actually need help.

It takes a lot of time to get out of this mindset, but try to focus on yourself first and don't compare sufferings. You are not a saint and you can't save everyone, so at least save yourself.

Reactions: wantedloser
wantedloser

wantedloser

Jul 13, 2024
I relate to this. When I was spiraling into depression, I did not even dare to vent anywhere because I have a life that is too fortunate for me to complain and reading people's stories online made me even more depressed, both from the empathetic perspective of being sorry for all the sufferings people have to endure and the selfish perspective of not even having a reason as valid and severe as theirs. I was filled by guilt of not deserving to suffer and therefore being "offensive" to and "appropriating" those who actually need help.

It takes a lot of time to get out of this mindset, but try to focus on yourself first and don't compare sufferings. You are not a saint and you can't save everyone, so at least save yourself.
Wow, yes, very well said. But some of my suffering is real, got hit with a pretty big nerf when I lost an eye. But before that I was blessed besides the anxiety and "happiness part" of my brain.

• Love
Reactions: Grimpoteuthis
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Wow, yes, very well said. But some of my suffering is real, got hit with a pretty big nerf when I lost an eye. But before that I was blessed besides the anxiety and "happiness part" of my brain.
I am sorry to hear that and I wish you the best. Tasting the sweetness before the bitterness hits has its pros and cons. On one side you are not miserable for your entire life, yet on the other side you know for sure that there exists a peaceful and soothing place where you can never go back.

• Love
Reactions: wantedloser