• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
There are a number of people who I deem to be partially culpable, or who at the very least contributed directly and in a significant way to the events that have lead to my current state. Without going all 13 Reasons Why, do you think it's worth addressing these people in any way before catching the bus? If it was their intention to undermine me, I wouldn't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing that they had any power in this, but on the other hand I feel that a lot of these people used me as an outlet for their own issues or treated me with callousness simply because they thought I would just let it go and never confront them. That being the case, I wouldn't mind writing a few letters on the off chance that they would feel temporarily wracked with guilt. Or perhaps naming them in a letter that I upload to a blog publicly, detailing the ways in which they contributed. The downside of this is that it adds some negativity to the world, or could just be a waste of time, met with denial on their part. What do you think?

Reactions: I_love_to_bake, manderley, Scribble Fan and 5 others
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
Some things you just don't get over, especially if they happened to you as a kid. It sucks that the world chalks it up to a matter of the victim learning to suck it up and forgive/forget. The parties that harmed or affected you negatively live on and (possibly) lead normal lives. The victim, however, has to deal with the consequences and their own thoughts, actions, and eventually their entire personality can be affected.

When I was younger, I always thought that I would call people out for assisting in my hatred of my life. I thought about writing a letter before I died to my parents or to bullies or anyone who I felt wronged me. I could cuss them out and wish the worst on them. Years have passed and I try not to think about it. It's not that I've gotten over anything or forgiven anyone.

It's more like: exhaustion has taken over. Imo it's not worth it to force yourself to think about the past when you don't want to. Not saying it's easy, but it's better to not add moments of consciously thinking of the past when moments of unconscious recollection happen now and then.

If you want to write something, I personally wouldn't make it public and instead send letters to everyone privately, written in a calm manner. Like how you wished things could have turned out differently or for the better between you. About things that hurt you and such. If the goal is to get them to feel regretful over the way they treated you, then I wouldn't put in anything that wishes ill will against them. It's not a waste of time if you think writing it all out will ease your mind, even if only a little.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, AutumnEmbers, ithappens and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
There are a number of people who I deem to be partially culpable, or who at the very least contributed directly and in a significant way to the events that have lead to my current state. Without going all 13 Reasons Why, do you think it's worth addressing these people in any way before catching the bus? If it was their intention to undermine me, I wouldn't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing that they had any power in this, but on the other hand I feel that a lot of these people used me as an outlet for their own issues or treated me with callousness simply because they thought I would just let it go and never confront them. That being the case, I wouldn't mind writing a few letters on the off chance that they would feel temporarily wracked with guilt. Or perhaps naming them in a letter that I upload to a blog publicly, detailing the ways in which they contributed. The downside of this is that it adds some negativity to the world, or could just be a waste of time, met with denial on their part. What do you think?

Why care about adding more negativity to the world if it makes the world, a better place? That's like saying, serving justice to criminals adds more negativity to the world. And fuck this piece of shit world anyway. You are being are too loving and compassionate for the situation you are in...

Reactions: Scribble Fan and Walilamdzi
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
It might backfire.

If they're really assholes, they'll take satisfaction in your misery.

Reactions: pleasethistime, manderley, AutumnEmbers and 1 other person
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
yeah why not. If they would take satisfaction out of your death they must be scum, so deserve anything you can throw at them.

Reactions: Walilamdzi
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
I guess it depends on how callous these people are. If what they did to you was intentional, then, as both you and @Kyrok said, they will probably only take satisfaction from knowing it had the desired effect. That's why (as much anger as I feel towards them) I have no intention of confronting the people who bullied me in the past. They very much succeeded in their goal of destroying me, and I would never want to give them the satisfaction of knowing that. People like that are lacking in conscience, so tend not to feel much in the way of remorse, nor do they seem to have much capacity for self-reflection. So my suggestion would be to give it a lot of thought and try to figure out if these people really did intend to undermine you, before making a decision. If they did, and you feel that they would only take satisfaction from knowing how much damage they caused, maybe you would find it beneficial to write the letters without actually sending them. It might be cathartic just to get all your thoughts and feelings out of your head and expressed in writing, even if no one else will ever read them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Kyrok and dhk96
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I'll probably just put it all in my suicide note, not even directly addressing them but simply stating the causes, only so my decision to ctb makes clear sense instead of seeming like the impulse of a failure. Then again, it wont make a difference when I'm dead... I suppose my younger brother deserves an explanation though.

Reactions: Walilamdzi and dhk96