WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
It's frustrating because they don't actually know what it feels like to be at the lowest point, they just use it as a threat or another one of their lies and gives the real suicidal a bad reputation.

I talked to someone earlier who did this, and they said they just liked the feeling of manipulating everyone into believing their lies.
What are your thoughts on people that do these things?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, death137 and 11 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I don't like when people do this for attention. Then the real suicidal people are taken less seriously.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lobster salad, WornOutLife and 7 others
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I envy them because they actually don't know how it feels to wish everyday to be the last.

Reactions: lofticries
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think it's hilarious if people actually do that. I do wonder what you can actually get by pretending to be suicidal though. I don't think it'll help you land your dream job or anything, but maybe you can get someone to give you half of their candy bar. :pfff:

Reactions: death becomes her, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lobster salad and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I feel a slight pity for them that they're life is so low and sad that they turn to suicidal attention-seeking behavior in order to manipulate people in getting what they want especially materialistic things. Genuine people out there trying to find a reason to live, but end up CTBing because life didn't work out for them, while TikTok Joe telling his 1000 followers he'll slit his wrists if they don't give him an Iphone 12.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lobster salad, Scribble Fan and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
How about all those celebrities who are lying about being depressed & having mental illnesses? Those turds are even more disgusting

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lofticries, lobster salad and 1 other person
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
There's no question in my mind that people on this site do this on a regular basis. I don't care for it but I don't see a way of preventing it. There's a certain increased cachet for declaring oneself to be ready to CBT. And further in the history of SS, phony suicide attempts have been carried right out right in the chat box which led to major chaos and people leaving SS. I have far less sympathy for people who crowd out others for their attention needs.

Reactions: Largeletters and motel rooms
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
How about all those celebrities who are lying about being depressed & having mental illnesses? Those turds are even more disgusting
Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Cherry Crumpet, lofticries and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is a reason why I like to avoid people. I agree that it gives a bad reputation to those that are actually suicidal. People won't be taken seriously and actual suicidal people will end up isolated and it may make them more likely to ctb. Many people say they have depression and anxiety as a form of attention seeking, when they cannot comprehend what it is like to actually have the disorder and they have no idea of how debilitating it is.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters, lobster salad and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
There's no question in my mind that people on this site do this on a regular basis.
Yeah, there's that one oh-so-lovelorn guy. I'm sure nobody knows who I'm referring to

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Unfortunately, there are some people who are only attention seekers and because of them, many individuals think we are pretending to be suicidal too.

• Aww..
Reactions: nolongerhuman, Largeletters, BlankUser and 1 other person
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
People doing it to gain things is fucking disgusting and vile. My controlling ex did this when I tried to leave her (not knowing she made my suicidal thoughts worse). I lost all sympathy for her in this moment and anyone who pretends to be suicidal to get something out of it, I lose all respect for them.

nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
I'm not sure the people who pretend to be suicidal fully understand the consequences of being taken seriously. Forced emergency psychiatric treatment sucks balls when you're actually the intended audience and I can't imagine it being any better when it's nothing more than a jail sentence you were stupid enough to volunteer to and a place to be force fed drugs that will do nothing positive for people who don't need them.

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Sometimes I feel like one of those people, because I use suicide ideation as a method to cope. I don't think I would actually do it, because I still want to see what will happen next in my life, on the off chance that it'll get better.

I don't tell people I have suicidal thoughts though. My mom and my best friend know though. It's this huge, calming, comforting concept for me. When I become extremely upset, I just remember I can call it quits, and it calms me down nearly as well as xanax does.

If it gets to be too much - I can fucking quit. I don't have to stay locked into this if it becomes unbearable.