A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I recently began talking to someone in the hope that they would be supportive. The other day, they said I was using my mental health problems as an excuse and I can be successful if I try hard enough (relating to college).

My family have been saying the exact same for years. It was horrible to hear someone else say this.

No one irl understands. This is why this site is so important. I need to talk to people who can understand.

I wonder if it would be different if they saw the scars under my sleeves. I sh'd a few years ago, but not many people know about it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Hirokami, tryingtoescape and 4 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
90 percent people say this. Because unless it happens to them, they don't have an opportunity to develop deep understanding and empathy in this area. Mental health problems are much less tangible than physical issues, so people don't tend to understand it naturally. You're definitely not using it as an excuse, your problems are totally real. No need to listen to them, choose your own way. You don't need anyone's support to CTB.

I personally experienced both severe mental health and physical diseases, and I can feel that people around me are much supportive in terms of my CTB after I have developed physical issues. It's sad, but somehow natural, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, CTB Dream and Anon1337
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
90 percent people say this. Because unless it happens to them, they don't have an opportunity to develop deep understanding and empathy in this area. Mental health problems are much less tangible than physical issues, so people don't tend to understand it naturally. You're definitely not using it as an excuse, your problems are totally real. No need to listen to them, choose your own way. You don't need anyone's support to CTB.

I personally experienced both severe mental health and physical diseases, and I can feel that people around me are much supportive in terms of my CTB after I have developed physical issues. It's sad, but somehow natural, I guess.
Thank you. I don't know if it's worth taking to them after what they said. What you said about physical disease is very true. Even assisted dying clinics.

No one will change my mind on CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, makethepainstop, CTB Dream and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This why provlem not see other some say fake some not understand anything, it all invisible only one suffer lonely nobody know see understand all alone , this life crulty sorry mental problem human awful tgink intern suffering not exist.

Reactions: Anon1337 and makethepainstop
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
First, most people in life don't want to admit they themselves have mental health issues.

They want to give off the idea that they have it all covered and there are no problems in their life.

That said, those are usually the same people who end up standing around someone's coffin saying they wish they had taken the person seriously, or why did they stop talking and reaching out etc.

I think people who want to be truly supportive of people with mental health issues have to be willing to be blank slates with no ego in play (understanding that they don't know everything, and just because something worked for them does not mean it can be applied to everyone else's issue) and to be non-judgmental.

Reactions: Anon1337
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
This why provlem not see other some say fake some not understand anything, it all invisible only one suffer lonely nobody know see understand all alone , this life crulty sorry mental problem human awful tgink intern suffering not exist.
Oh yes they don't see how cruel they are to us. They just can imagine our state of mind.

Reactions: Anon1337
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that there is not much point in opening up to people about our suffering, in my opinion. After all we all experience life differently and cannot see things from the point of view of the other person. But people can be so invalidating and insensitive and can just make things worse with their words. This is why I would prefer to be alone.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Anon1337