Nerozero

Nerozero

Sep 25, 2022
I was thinking about when those people find out someone they know killed himself.

They all say things like "I didn't know he was suicidal, I wish I knew so I could have helped him. Now if some of you are depressed please talk to me or someone, you can get help"

So I think, what could they do? Tell you to go to therapy? Listen to your problems and do nothing about it other than saying shitty tips to cope with depression?

This is all they could manage to do. I don't imagine some of these people (maybe only your parents if you are too young) going to pick you up to your house, paying and send you to therapy. Or doing something useful to deal with your problems. They just want to talk, and give you their opinion "hey, keep fighting", to feel they are helping

I think they can't help anyone, unless the only help you need is just talking to someone to feel better

Reactions: Flaw Detector, Amile and Ramy
C

Camper

Sep 27, 2022
People often have a hard time swallowing the fact that for many, depression is a permanent disability and not just a temporary state of being. I'm no longer actively suicidal, but I still have to deal with my depression every day in the form of low energy, subdued emotions, slower reaction times, etc. because it's caused by a chemical imbalance. They think that because they'd feel better just being able to talk it out with someone, that everyone else must feel the same way. And to be fair, having a listening ear can in and of itself help with coping immensely. But it's not always enough to prevent suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Amile, LaVieEnRose, makethepainstop and 5 others
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
People don't want to admit that not everything can be fixed and that not everyone is able to overcome the trauma they get. And let's be real, whenever you attempt to talk to someone about these issues they push you away because they can't deal with the negativity and because deep down, a depressed individual is a constant reminder that their own life could turn messy any second. And in many cases those who say these things are the ones that pushed the person to suicide in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: Ramy, Nerozero and makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
People don't want to admit that not everything can be fixed and that not everyone is able to overcome the trauma they get. And let's be real, whenever you attempt to talk to someone about these issues they push you away because they can't deal with the negativity and because deep down, a depressed individual is a constant reminder that their own life could turn messy any second. And in many cases those who say these things are the ones that pushed the person to suicide in the first place.
So true, many of us simply don't want to exist only longer. Normals just cannot understand this. I wish it wasn't true, but it is.

Reactions: Amile and StolenLife
D

drowninginadesert

Oct 2, 2022
I was thinking about when those people find out someone they know killed himself.

They all say things like "I didn't know he was suicidal, I wish I knew so I could have helped him.

I think this is a typical defence mechanism. Amongst the many feelings - loss, sadness, hurt - I think people feel guilt. I think people are really saying 'if I had known this would happen, I would have done something'. I think it's a common affirmative statement about someone being or feeling like they are a good person.

Reactions: Nerozero
Final-push123

Final-push123

Internet wizard
Jan 28, 2020
"if they only knew.."
They wouldn't give a shit, there are men roping every goddamn day. And they do nothing to help beside to either "man up" or "try harder".

the least they can do is stfu and stop acting like they care. Platuides don't mean shit.
Those type of virtue signaling people make me sick.

Reactions: makethepainstop and Amile