ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
I fail to see how this massive shithole is a miracle.
If anything I'd place it as being the largest tragedy to have ever happened.

There's a reason why the most classic novels and plays in history tend to be tragedies or tragi-comedies. Because life is a net negative. Humans use and need delusion constantly to make it through life because if you analyze the world with complete rationality and zero mysticism (whether that be religion or just toxic positivity or whatever) it's downright depressing. I think this is part of why I was never built for this existence.

For example humans tend to think that they have "free will", but more and more science is disproving this. By the time someone takes an action their brain has already decided it for them without them consciously knowing. Scientists have proven that they can use technology to force someone to do something small (like move their hand for instance) and the person will then come up with some excuse as to why they did that even though they were never in control. Just like everything else in this universe humans are a result of cause and effect and so are our "destinies". Like everything else we are simply a chemical reaction, merely one that (having evolved to analyze the world around them) also had to evolve to have a defense mechanism that shields them from the harsh realities. This is why humans believe in concepts like free will and God, even if those two concepts directly contradict each other. The way I see it the universe is a series of chemical reactions, much like a firework, that is morphing with time to present slightly different colors and shapes that none of us can control and eventually it will all die out anyway without any sort of meaning or reason. Some people will find it a pretty sight along the way, others that have less than stellar experiences as part of the chemical explosions are destined to suffer far more while being a part of this pointless cycle of insanity.

Technology may change and evolve, but humans never do. If we really do wipe ourselves out with an environmental disaster I'll be glad to see the species go down (and yes that includes myself). If you can manage to enjoy the experience while being a part of it then great, but don't sit around pointing fingers and blame at people who just want out because they were dealt a less than mediocre hand in life. Especially when the cycle of suffering is a neverending part of this fuckery.

• Love
Reactions: Zzzzz, AE2021, Good4Nothing and 12 others
Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021
Life is a miracle until someone has to pay the bills/rent.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: SosoruzeDosukoi, Zzzzz, Pisceslilith and 7 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Pfff, like is a miracle my ass. Life is a sick joke.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dead Meat, Pisceslilith, AE2021 and 8 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Some people's lives seem like miracles to me, I envy them a lot. But seem to be way more tragic lives than miraculous ones.

Reactions: Death is beautiful, AE2021, FuneralCry and 3 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Life is a miracle... Miraculously shit.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, AE2021, FuneralCry and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Miracle?
Sure, let's visit a children's hospital. a place in which they're just suffering and dying, and look at "the miracle".

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Meat, Zzzzz and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existing is the most pointless thing ever, We live, suffer and die. And yet some people fail to understand why others are suicidal. People try to convince themselves that life has meaning but it seriously doesn't when we will be sucked into an empty void never to return when we die.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Pookie, Pisceslilith and 4 others
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Humanity is about to destroy this planet with pollution, overpopulation or a nuclear war. Civilization is a short-lived success. So if life is a miracle, humanity will destroy this miracle.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Meat, ithappens and 3 others
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I tried for a very long time to see the miracle of it. That kind of thinking is a delusion. This place is a total shit hole.

• Love
Reactions: Pookie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
Existing is the most pointless thing ever, We live, suffer and die. And yet some people fail to understand why others are suicidal. People try to convince themselves that life has meaning but it seriously doesn't when we will be sucked into an empty void never to return when we die.
I agree. If life were more enjoyable I suppose I wouldn't mind it being meaningless, but given that it is both meaningless AND full of suffering (much of it intentionally caused by humans on each other and other species despite having the capacity to know better) I see no point in continuing to exist and struggle.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and FuneralCry
J

jakaranda3

Feb 5, 2021
It kinda is... your consciousness literally appear from nowhere. (at least we can't understand how :tongue:)

Reactions: Bagger
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Life is a miracle. That first innocent spark. What happens next is far, far from it.

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
They say life is a miracle, until they get cancer or a financial disaster. It's easy to be religious when someone is sweeping in front of your door.

Reactions: ithappens and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
Yes,life is suffering,imagine being a Palestinian!! My life is miserable,its over,its hopeless, yada yada. But then,why do I resist the darned ctb?!?!??

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Sunset Limited