R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Imagine being stuck in a torture chamber 24/7. Why is nature more merciful than humans in this case?

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, pthnrdnojvsc, lachrymost and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is horrifying, humans truly are the worst species as so many wish to make it so other people suffer as much as possible for as long as possible. It disgusts me how suicide isn't accepted as a valid option in this existence where there is no limit as to how much one can be tormented.

Reactions: 0000000000000, NumbItAll, WonderingSoul and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I don't understand it. We pride ourselves on being the 'thinking' animal. More compassionate than nature. We don't let the weakest of our species die out- we give them benefits. Yet- I agree- it goes too much the other way and disregards what the individual wants. Even what the family wants if they are compassionate enough to not want their loved one to suffer. They could be prosecuted if they take compassion on their loved one and accompany them to an assisted suicide clinic. This world is so messed up.

Reactions: lachrymost, 0000000000000, WonderingSoul and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Depending on where you live you have the option to write a "living will" which states what should happen in such cases. That makes it also easier for family to decide what to do in such cases.

It's true humans treat other humans worse than animals especially when it comes to the part of ending suffering due to incurable diseases and terrible health conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: lachrymost, 0000000000000, R_N and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, it's utterly sadistic and inhumane to do this because there is no way that they can truly measure brain activity.
Someone could be paralysed and incapable of speech or any kind of movement and kept alive on a machine, yet be in a state of horrifying panic and wanting desperately to die, yet such panic brain activity may not register on the monitors.
It's too terrible to think about.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Rogue Proxy, 0000000000000 and 1 other person
SNastablesalt

SNastablesalt

she longs for freedom
Oct 6, 2023
Imagine being stuck in a torture chamber 24/7. Why is nature more merciful than humans in this case?
I agree. it's so INSANLEY disgusting.

Reactions: lachrymost, WAITING TO DIE and R_N
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I'll never get it. I'll never understand most people's obsession with preserving life, keeping your body still working even if let's say you're almost completely braindead and you don't even exist as an individual anymore. Or when they bring you back to life even if it means living as a vegetable. It's so damn cruel to me, what so many see as a "the right thing" is a pure nightmare for me.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, lachrymost, Rogue Proxy and 4 others
P

Penquinman

Nov 22, 2023
Yes, it's utterly sadistic and inhumane to do this because there is no way that they can truly measure brain activity.
Someone could be paralysed and incapable of speech or any kind of movement and kept alive on a machine, yet be in a state of horrifying panic and wanting desperately to die, yet such panic brain activity may not register on the monitors.
It's too terrible to think about.
That is truly terrifying. I think people in that kind of state should automatically be euthanized.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, R_N and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
That is truly terrifying. I think people in that kind of state should automatically be euthanized.
Definitely so. It would be a literal waking nightmare to be sure.

Reactions: R_N
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Humans can be sadistic and are a failed.species having proved this time and time again. There is no lasting "let's do what's best for everyone"... It's always , "well I should have more than them". Usually the most spoilt as.kids.are. just the worst vile scum the universe ever allowed into one of its puss filled dimensional error being happenstances.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Rogue Proxy, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Humans can be sadistic and are a failed.species having proved this time and time again. There is no lasting "let's do what's best for everyone"... It's always , "well I should have more than them". Usually the most spoilt as.kids.are. just the worst vile scum the universe ever allowed into one of its puss filled dimensional error being happenstances.
Totally agree. This is why I became a misanthrope.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Rogue Proxy, TooConscious and 1 other person
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
My close family member unfortunately suffered like this. It was horrible. It's been many years but I still don't dare to dig these memories out of my brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost and R_N