• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
Close ones discourage you from suicide, not because they care about you, but themselves. They don't want to get negatively affected. There's no interest in your own well being. Obviously when you are dead there's zero suffering, how can nonexistence be bad for you in any way. But they rather force ya into living, because they don't want to deal with losing you, for their own benefit.

And then they have enough of hypocrisy to call you the selfish one.

Why does it have to be me to suffer for the rest of my life so everyone is happy, and not them to suffer temporarily so I can be happy not existing forever.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fleetingnight, Praestat_Mori, lovedread and 21 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
These people truly are the selfish ones, they really do lack any compassion, I find it disgusting how many refuse to accept suicide as a valid option and expect others to suffer until they die anyway. Suicide is a personal decision, not something for others to have a say in and decide.

Reactions: pilotviolin, Vicolo cieco, UmbraDweller and 3 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I wish I could force my life upon those who would force me to live.

Reactions: pilotviolin, CosmicPaperCut, Spaceman Spiff and 7 others
T

timetodie24

Arcanist
Apr 14, 2023
100% agree . My parents said after an attempt 'you don't consider the impact on us' ' you wouldn't do it if you loved us , you mustn't love or care about any of your family' . But i do think about the impact on them a lot yet I also cause them more pain by surviving .
But it's not enough to stay. I'd never guilt trip them yet it's me that's selfish ? I don't want to survive purely on guilt, what happens when they die , does that mean i'm allowed to do it then ? Whatever they'll feel when I die won't even be anywhere near as bad as what I suffer now . Why is it my fault if I can't mentally take it anymore and die , yet i'd have just 'lost my battle' if it was physical

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, UmbraDweller, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This has always bothered me too, because sometimes it feels completely paradoxical depending on who is saying it. Don't get me wrong, if someone has an absolutely perfect, tight knit relationship with another person, the grief and pain of their loss will be intense no matter what... and that impact on others is a huge source of further guilt and pain for us suicidal people.

However, speaking from my own life experiences, the handful of people who said these sorts of things to me always resented me at the same time, making the statement feel conflicting. I am pretty aware that my continued existence comes with a great deal of pain for the couple of people that I am close to.

I have been told many times by my partner that I ruined his life by being ill and needing support. Whenever I had a pretty horrible major surgery a year ago, I didn't want to do it, and the prospect of having the surgery made me deeply suicidal. My boyfriend and I argued about this a lot, and he ended up involving his family in it, who shamed me, called me selfish, a bitch, and everything else under the sun. Did this help in the slightest? No, it just left me with more psychological damage.

My boyfriend's mother thought I should be forcibly drugged and locked in a ward under a section, until I "learn how to shut up and do things I don't want to do." None of this was caring or said with the intention to help, but to make me feel guilt and shame that I'm ruining people's lives by being suicidal, and that I'm somehow making a choice to have PTSD and not value my life. It was like me and my pain don't even matter. They were more angry about the potential ramifications of being complicit in someone choosing not to partake in certain medical procedures, and how someone may get mad at their relative because of me.

I've been told so many times in various ways that I don't provide any benefit, that all I do is lay in bed, and get thrown insinuations that I'm a burden. I know better now than to open up about being suicidal again, but every time I did, it was, "You don't care about me, I can't deal with this, do you know how much it ruins someone's life to be around someone who wants to kill themselves!"

I don't really understand it. Most of my family is dead and I have lost several friends, and yes it did hurt, some of these losses still hurt deeply, but death is a part of life and every single person is going to die one day. Most of the time we don't even get the option to say goodbye or prepare for natural deaths. We don't say that people who pass naturally are selfish, even if they may smoke, drink, or do other risky actions which speed up their demise. I am obviously a burden and a source of displeasure for others, so I don't understand why I am forced to be alive.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Mateira, UmbraDweller and 1 other person
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
Most of the time we don't even get the option to say goodbye or prepare for natural deaths. We don't say that people who pass naturally are selfish, even if they may smoke, drink, or do other risky actions which speed up their demise.
I really like this point you made, just wanted to highlight it.

It's disgusting how you got treated, especially when it comes from the ones closest to you. It's only them who failed you, by not offering the support you needed. Sadly this happens way too often. The guilt tripping is insane, they act as if we are doing this just to hurt others for fun.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
In my case, i'm not leaving any signs or hints or a "cry for help" to anyone, i'm covert as much as possible, they don't matter to me, i don't even bother thinking about how they'd feel after my death, it's not that i owe them anything or they owe me something, it's just my personal decision, once it's done there's no reversing it, they can grief all they want but they can't bring me back to life, death is permanent, i won't even be tiring myself with thinking how things could've gone differently once i'm dead, i'm in peace for all eternity, with nobody to disturb my peace

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and UmbraDweller
H

HallwayHugger

May 10, 2024
Human hardware, cockroach software. You are only treated based on the impact you have upon them. It's as simple as that. It's heartbreaking to realize that there is no difference between man and bug. We all lose our minds in the face of discomfort. Some flee and some attack.

Reactions: UmbraDweller