SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
People talk very frequently about how much they care about others. It's common to get angry when someone doesn't appreciate the care. Most people think that life is full of caring people. Pretty much every source about suicide says that 'people care'. However, of course, the reality is that no one cares. There is a dissonance where people assume that unhappy people are just too shy to talk to anyone. Reality is ignored and sufferers are alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, kunikuzushi, LoiteringClouds and 9 others
bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
This is very true. People always say they care, not because they do but because they think it's the right thing to do. Even on here. It is true though, that we are wired to only secure our survival. And ours alone.

Reactions: Mothman., Alexei_Kirillov, divinemistress36 and 3 others
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
No one gives a fuck. It's the harsh truth.

A YT video that I think covers it pretty well:

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They just care about what directly affects themselves, humans are such a self centred species after all. There's absolutely no care towards suicidal people in this society as if there was compassion suicide would be accepted as a valid personal choice.

• Love
Reactions: Mothman., Alexei_Kirillov, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
I think that general empathy, however light and superficial is far superior and preferable than the general lack of empathy that existed throughout most of human history. That's a sign of progress, it means we're no longer just simple cruel savages. We are still individual vessels of consciousnesses, sailing through a very materialistic and selfish existence. I don't think that will ever change, unless we can somehow evolve pass our very own selfishness, but then are we still humans at that point? Maybe some sort of future utopian existence where there are infinite resources and opportunities, where inequality and differences in circumstances are very low to nonexistent, then perhaps that general empathy can be maxed out. However, in our current existence, superficial general empathy is the best we've got. There are good personal connections and communities we can form that yield a much higher degree of empathy, if we're lucky to have those in our lives. This forum is one lucky place we do have where we have enough shared experiences and understanding to form a good degree of empathy. I do genuinely wish you well and I'm open to chat if you're looking for someone to chat.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Vicolo cieco

Vicolo cieco

Student
May 14, 2024
If people cared about you, they would pay your bills.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Actions speak louder than words. If they cared they would actually want to help us

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LoiteringClouds, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
user127679866

user127679866

May 13, 2024
Not a single person cares. And that is just the harsh truth for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
What I don't understand is why people can't just be honest about this. If you ever point out to someone that based on their actions, it is obvious that they don't care, they usually get defensive and take it as a personal affront, despite it not being a reflection on their character in most cases (it's not a moral failing to not care about someone, especially a rando that you have no personal investment in).

Personally I have never told someone I cared about them unless I 100% meant it, which means that I have only ever said this to one person on this Earth, for whom I would've dropped everything had he just said the word.

Caring about someone is a burden. It takes time and effort. It's not something flippant -- you can't just drop in and say "I care" and then GTFO, which people don't seem to realize. To quote one of my favourite shows, "the big gesture isn't enough. You need to be consistent, you need to be dependably good. You need to do it everyday." If you don't care, fine, but at least be willing to admit that instead of being two-faced about it.

/rant

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LoiteringClouds and Mothman.