BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Indie game dev here, feeling like dying.

• Aww..
Reactions: narval
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If you are okay with it, you can PM me your game, I'll play it.

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
If you are okay with it, you can PM me your game, I'll play it.
It is an alpha, thank you very much. I would be okay with it. I lose motivation to work on it further due to no art assets. Thank you so much.

Reactions: actual_fox and whatevs
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
you never say what game is, or what is about ? (scenario ?)
my is jrpg, ラストフェイト (Last Fate), リアルタイムターンベース sett sāka798 a war torn world & fantasy
to north the empire, トーチ, to the east, Eime-Heiankyo, to the south, Kuririan, in the centre, ヴィタトゥーヤ (Vitatuja)
is 2D/3D hybrid uses pixel 3D buffer effect
mainly story-driven, I have build prototype but no localised
is 12 player characters 2 temporary
zukan

タイプ
-惑星
関連する世界
-ガイアの廃墟
地理的特徴
-緑の草原
-温帯気候
-広大な草原
-南部に氷河
-不毛の荒れ地
-森林地帯
大陸
-北東部大陸
-北西大陸

-バロワイリ島
形而上要素
-霧
-ヴィタヴィス=アラクリタス
社会的情報
-感覚を持つ種族
-人間
-エイコン
-クリリアン
-エクタリアン
支配する派閥
-東チモール帝国
-愛媛県-平安京
-グランドール共和国
主要都市
-コモール
-グランデール
-蝦夷
-ハジ
-大治
主な出来事
-サンクチュアリ戦争
-ジリサンの戦い
-第三次栃尾作戦
-グランドール戦争
-コモール事件

It is an alpha, thank you very much. I would be okay with it. I lose motivation to work on it further due to no art assets. Thank you so much.
must hire for art assets creation. artist will no work for free

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
you never say what game is, or what is about ? (scenario ?)
my is jrpg, ラストフェイト (Last Fate), リアルタイムターンベース sett sāka798 a war torn world & fantasy
to north the empire, トーチ, to the east, Eime-Heiankyo, to the south, Kuririan, in the centre, ヴィタトゥーヤ (Vitatuja)
is 2D/3D hybrid uses pixel 3D buffer effect
mainly story-driven, I have build prototype but no localised
is 12 player characters 2 temporary
zukan

タイプ
-惑星
関連する世界
-ガイアの廃墟
地理的特徴
-緑の草原
-温帯気候
-広大な草原
-南部に氷河
-不毛の荒れ地
-森林地帯
大陸
-北東部大陸
-北西大陸

-バロワイリ島
形而上要素
-霧
-ヴィタヴィス=アラクリタス
社会的情報
-感覚を持つ種族
-人間
-エイコン
-クリリアン
-エクタリアン
支配する派閥
-東チモール帝国
-愛媛県-平安京
-グランドール共和国
主要都市
-コモール
-グランデール
-蝦夷
-ハジ
-大治
主な出来事
-サンクチュアリ戦争
-ジリサンの戦い
-第三次栃尾作戦
-グランドール戦争
-コモール事件

must hire for art assets creation. artist will no work for free
My game is an action platformer in the vein of Strider and Ninja Gaiden. Can I post the link here? It is from a trusted site.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I lose motivation to work on it further due to no art assets
cant you use those asset bundles that are premade? i seen many indie devs go that route.

also man i respect u for making a game its hard and programming and developement takes alot of logic and reasoning skill.

whats your game?

Reactions: BornToFail and Venus13
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
Early stages especially can be rough, people can just be jerks as well. You can't take it too seriously if they aren't at least being constructive.

I'm keen to hear more about or play either game or even others that might be posted in future. You guys need to be careful about your privacy though. These threads are very public, anyone can find and read them with no account. The more specific details you might share the easier it is for someone to be able to violate your privacy and not everyone who comes here will be a nice person.

Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I've consistently heard stories from the most successful people in the world talking about people ragging on their early work and giving them shit for pursing it. This is a universal experience for creative and ambition people. Keep at it. Obviously take constructive feedback from valuable people but don't let small people snuff it out if you believe in it.

Reactions: whatevs and freedomcalls
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Early stages especially can be rough, people can just be jerks as well. You can't take it too seriously if they aren't at least being constructive.

I'm keen to hear more about or play either game or even others that might be posted in future. You guys need to be careful about your privacy though. These threads are very public, anyone can find and read them with no account. The more specific details you might share the easier it is for someone to be able to violate your privacy and not everyone who comes here will be a nice person.
Thank you, you are correct. My only fear is getting locked up for being on this forum. Not so much being seen as crazy as everyone always views me that way.

• Aww..
Reactions: actual_fox and Tiny Little Tree
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
A couple of the most interesting games i saw in the last years where programmed by only 1 person each.
If you have a idea, go for it.

But beware: hearing all the critics will gave you to hell. Hearing no one will gave you to hell.

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
You guys need to be careful about your privacy though. These threads are very public, anyone can find and read them with no account. The more specific details you might share the easier it is for someone to be able to violate your privacy and not everyone who comes here will be a nice person.

Is why I use rare alias to describe my game in past

Reactions: Tiny Little Tree
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
Gamers are the harshest audience I've ever known. Almost none of them have any idea how to make a game themselves but they will RIP into someone else's efforts. It's still so much better to create something, even a flawed thing, than it is to stand on the sidelines and just crap all over everyone else's hard work. Please don't lost heart. Games are a big reason I don't ctb right now, they provide some relief and escapism and there are several I am waiting for that give me a reason to carry on. I'm sure many others feel the same.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Sounds like what 99% of indie game devs have to go through. My programmer boss was clever and just quit indie development, now he can have his little power trips with me and others and be paid handsomely and have free time instead. He said the investment is too high for what you likely will get: failure.

I was smart enough to get into a game development project that requires learning skills that are 70% transferable to work that someone is willing to pay me for, I suggest that if possible.