Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I think relations are so cold nowadays, I see people on apps going from one relation to another, another, another (basically make out) so sometimes i wonder what it feels like because it seems kind of meaningless.

I've noticed whenever I try to make new people and socialize irl they feel like uninterested. Have people stopped looking for socialize and all they want is hook up? Maybe guys only want to meet hot girls and girls to princes? These days it seems hard to make good friends.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ethereal Knight and This_sux ✓
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
There's definitely a change in dynamics with the rise of hook up culture so I get where you're coming from. I don't know if it means that people ate kess likely to make friendships or whether friendships made before hookup culture were just more vacuous. So what zi'm suggested could be possible is that now when people look for friendship they pic the few but the real friendships and relationships whereas in the past, where you couldn't just hook up the only option was to do the small talk, lengthy, sham getting to know you thing. I'm not it's that simple in all honesty because people are more varied than that. I'd imagine those with the inclination to developed real relationships would just be fast tracking their way throufh kissing a few frogs where is would have taken much longer in the past. It could indicate a new more advanced level of honesty between people under these circumstances. However I think there's those that woupd all ays have been vapid and selfish. They were never looking to have genuine connections that weren't strictly on their terms (which technically is possible) and they will just exist in vapid ignorance where relationships are concerned. Humans have always been varied in this way so it could be a good thing in some ways. The problem it raises is that a solution for adapting to this new dynamic isn't obvious. For some it won't be such a big deal because their circumstances might put them in contact with many people IRL regularly but for those that would usually me more solitary it causes more of a challenge. I think things like "meetup" are good for people in that predicament. It's a group setting, relvolving around activities you're mutually interested in and it's likely that some of the other people there share your views and may well have found themselves in the same situation.

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I think real friendships and long-lasting relationships will become harder to make, but not impossible.

That said, with the rise of apps that allow people to be interconnected, dating, socializing, etc., are now more like a buffet, and people are spoiled for choice.

Furthermore, the environment no longer requires one to cut off friends or break up face-to-face.

I think anyone thinking of building a close circle or something long-term in today's world will most likely have to try to do it in secondary school or in university, since it is usually harder to build such a circle outside of those two environments.

Again, not impossible; just more work would be needed to integrate oneself into an already established circle on the outside, etc.

My thinking on this may be incorrect, so those with more knowledge on the subject are welcome to correct me.

This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
From what I've seen from my "friends" I realized people are only looking for a perfect social partner. They pursue girls with many social media followers, huge self-esteem and confidence as well as great communication skills.

And it kinda makes sense. Have you seen a girl without TikTok/Snapchat/Facebook etc? Probably not. It's all about socializing every damn minute.

Hooking up is also related to that. Today you can't talk to girl without a phone. Even if you do, she will dump you later

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
From what I've seen from my "friends" I realized people are only looking for a perfect social partner. They pursue girls with many social media followers, huge self-esteem and confidence as well as great communication skills.

It's as if everyone wishes to become the next great social media influencer...

And it kinda makes sense. Have you seen a girl without TikTok/Snapchat/Facebook etc? Probably not. It's all about socializing every damn minute.

Some liken women's use of social media, to men's use of video games. I never liked social media, so I don't understand the hype.

Hooking up is also related to that. Today you can't talk to girl without a phone. Even if you do, she will dump you later

How can people even meet today, when everyone is just staring at their phone all day...? I'm thinking that the only way out of this social media nightmare is for parents of today's kinderkarten children to come together, ban smartphones and social media, and actually raise their children, instead of letting them be raised by smartphones, social media and influencers, so that those children may grow up into functioning adults, who in turn can enjoy life without those things, and who then can create a better society.

Last edited: