FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
In the medieval times mentally ill people were mocked by society we have learnt nothing from this in the 21st century.

The gaming YouTuber Etika died by suicide aged 29 years old in 2019. My teenage sibling showed me one of his videos of his breakdowns it was so clear he was a mentally unstable man who needed help. Before he killed himself on his YouTube channels he was just behaving so crazy, erratic and breaking down a lot, people were laughing and nobody took this seriously then he went missing and then was found dead. What has happened to Etika is not the first time someone severely mentally ill has been mocked by society for being mentally ill.

Kanye West, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2016. He has spoken openly about it in interviews. In 2018 he realised a song which he calls his bipolar disorder his "superpower,. The song caused controversy because West was accused of glamorousing bipolar disorder. Ever since 2016 Kanye West is now spiralling out of control it is clear he is not taking medication or anything really for his bipolar disorder.As time has gone on Kanye west is becoming more and more erratic, irrational, delusional in his behaviour and people think this funny. The jokes on twitter and reddit over West's mental insatiablity are never ending. Kanye West unfortunately is around too many people who care about his money and fame which is why no one has put him in a mental facility where he belongs. Kanye West the way he is behaving one day we are going to hear the news he has killed himself or worse killed someone. He is currently controlling towards his new younger wife and has the traits of an abuser.

Non famous people also experience being discriminated against and mocked for having mental illnesses. Mental illness is not entertainment but there too many people in society who think it is hilarious someone having a mental health crisis until the day the person kills themselves.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: fwompie, ClownWorld2023, HighFlight and 2 others
roseleaf

roseleaf

freedom is a dream that is just out of reach
Apr 25, 2023
it's all terrible. we need a better world with better people

• Love
Reactions: HighFlight, ddonnieddarko and MatrixPrisoner
ArteriesBindEveryon

ArteriesBindEveryon

Feb 9, 2023
Etika and Kanye are entirely different situations though. Kanye went on about praising Nazis, while Etika only had unconventional religious beliefs at worst. I don't deny that they were both exploited, but I think Kanye is a poor example because he's truly said terrible things. Being bipolar is a reason, but that's not the same as an excuse.

D

ddonnieddarko

28:06:42:12
Oct 13, 2023
they jus have no clue what it feels like and most likely never will. i hate them

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
Actually, I think that even after death/suicide we're still a joke, an anecdote to be shared over tea or beer perhaps. The only difference is that today we're not burnt. Mental Illness is still sth to be hidden and metaphorically we're still the "mad woman in the attic". Humanity has ti evolve loads.

Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
You could have deleted so many clearly Bad ones
Instead you erased who was prone.

Shame on you.....

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Etika and Kanye are entirely different situations though. Kanye went on about praising Nazis, while Etika only had unconventional religious beliefs at worst. I don't deny that they were both exploited, but I think Kanye is a poor example because he's truly said terrible things. Being bipolar is a reason, but that's not the same as an excuse.

@ArteriesBindEveryon I think Kanye West is a piece of shit too. Seeing him the way he has been behaving he is not going to live that long, he will be next celebrity to kill himself. The guy is a walking time bomb of destruction.

The next celebrities who will kill themselves in the next decade I predict will be

● Kanye West

● Britanny Spears- one day we are going to hear the news she suddenly passed away looking at britanny she is so far gone.
You could have deleted so many clearly Bad ones
Instead you erased who was prone.

Shame on you.....
@Namensjemand ok name some good examples of celebrities? I just thought of current ones that I already know

why should I ashamed ?

Last edited:
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Mental illness is pure horror if you experience it yourself.

It's also an unique type of suffering in that it does not necessarily decrease your life expectancy, but the potential for suffering is practically unlimited.

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
darknesscomesquick

darknesscomesquick

Not all who wander are lost—trying to find an exit
Sep 19, 2023
I think some of it could be because mental illness is scary. It's really scary to think your brain has that sort of power to allow us to do behaviors that are outside the allowable norm that society dictates. When people are uncomfortable with something, usually they tend to make bad jokes about the topic as a way to help them feel more comfortable. It's all about them and making themselves feel more comfortable, not about helping the person who may actually need some help navigating mental illness.

When someone completes suicide, I sense there is guilt on those people's parts and that's when the thoughts and prayers come in, or they say "if only we saw the warning signs…" Truthfully, they would have had to put aside their own judgements and perceptions and actually show some compassion towards something they don't understand. In my experience, society isn't ready to do that. Society is all about maintaining established norms and shaming/shunning those who don't fit those norms.