CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Why is it people just disrespect everybody so hard on these apps? Grindr is definitely the biggest offender in my book. I don't get how people live with themselves ghosting others or blocking for the pettiest reasons or just being flat out mean.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al Gul, Csmith8827 and Alexei_Kirillov
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
grindr is the wild west to me; i hear all the time about the "no fats no femmes no blacks no asians" and all that. it's a scary, shallow, judgemental world out there. i think dating apps really show the worst of it.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56
NoRespawn

NoRespawn

permadeath
Jun 8, 2024
a lot of people use them just to get an ego boost and to promote their social media/OF.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56 and Spreadingmywings
L

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
people are scumbags everywhere

Reactions: heavyeyes, Hollowman and Spreadingmywings
meowingnomore

meowingnomore

Jun 24, 2023
deleting grindr was the best decision i ever made for myself, but taimi and lex are cute!

honestly tho the best dating apps for me have just been twitter and discord, there r so many nice local communities on there and its a rly easy low pressure way to see what someone's like before u even talk to them

Reactions: Spreadingmywings
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Dude tell me about it, I got ghosted or whatever by this guy I was talking to earlier today... he's 68 y/o white guy and a bottom. I'm a black top and I'm 35. He initiated conversation yesterday and ghosted me today. Can't find his profile or anything. Hurt like hell... like WTF... I'm just looking for a guy who wants to hangout and let me top him who I'm semi-attracted too. Life is bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Dude tell me about it, I got ghosted or whatever by this guy I was talking to earlier today... he's 68 y/o white guy and a bottom. I'm a black top and I'm 35. He initiated conversation yesterday and ghosted me today. Can't find his profile or anything. Hurt like hell... like WTF... I'm just looking for a guy who wants to hangout and let me top him who I'm semi-attracted too. Life is bullshit.
I'm so happy I brought out my fellow LGBTs lmao sorry my man. the ghosting especially when these assholes don't get what they want, its like the mask finally came off. good riddance then
deleting grindr was the best decision i ever made for myself, but taimi and lex are cute!

honestly tho the best dating apps for me have just been twitter and discord, there r so many nice local communities on there and its a rly easy low pressure way to see what someone's like before u even talk to them
I appreciate the suggestions! I actually managed to talk to two decent guys last night. I hope I hear back but even if I don't there is still hope with Grindr lol

Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
it's a scary, shallow, judgemental world out there
It's an app meant for hookups.

Literally what did you expect? For people to want to meet solely for the beauty of your heart? Lol.

Last edited:
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018

Literally what did you expect? For people to want to meet solely for the beauty of your heart? Lol.
I mean, you can use a hookup app for more than that and even then people don't have to be jerks on these things.

Reactions: astr4
Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
I mean, you can use a hookup app for more than that and even then people don't have to be jerks on these things.
Agreed people are jerks on there and I don't excuse their behavior.

But isn't that the point of those apps? I mean at the sane time you can't really blame them for not being their type, it's expected for people to have preferences.

I still don't support it, but their whole idea is to treat people like livestock with no more worth than their meat, so this behavior should be expected really.

And let's be real: it's terrible for dates. Don't kid ourselves, they are meant to fuck and little more.

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
I wish I was better looking so I could find someone on a dating app

• Hugs
Reactions: Al Gul and Spreadingmywings
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019

you can just choose who you swipe on? it's just weird to declare exactly how shallow and judgemental you are. keep that shit to yourself. i don't go on tinder and advertise for "no small penises pls and no one under 6 ft". just swipe left, i don't see the point in being so vocal about your shallowness.

vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
dating apps aren't really actually suitable for dating, they're designed to promote hookups. which is fine if that's what someone wants, not for me though. i find them horrible and anxiety-inducing to use.
personally, i think the healthiest relationships start out as friendships. a lot of people rush into dating and don't take enough time to properly cultivate their bond (having done it many times myself in the past, too.) i see a lot of couples who love each other but don't like each other. they're boyfriends/girlfriends, but not actually friends.
i believe your lover should be your best friend and dating apps just aren't made to foster that kind of connection, as they force you into romantic situations unnaturally fast with a complete stranger.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This is a good reminder for me whenever I feel deluded enough to consider going back to any of the apps. I haven't really been on them for the past couple months.

EmptyEater

EmptyEater

Sep 26, 2024
When you structure your apps to work like product catalogs what else can you expect?