icecrunch

icecrunch

whats gud
Jun 29, 2023
these "suicide prevention" people seem very sinister to me idk why, i'm sure it's not ill intented but to me a lot of these ppl claim to care about suicidal people but ONLY if everything is coated in sugar and sprinkles when they see the ugly side of it they start treated them like shit and being extremely selfish same with mental illness, like why would a suffering person have to stay here and suffer for longer just so you can be pleased and comfortable? i've always had a mixed opinion about suicide even before i was suicidal, i think people should have the right to leave if they're heavily suffering with no way out. but at the same time i feel really pained when i see somebody planning their suicide like i do on this site since so many of you are so kind and seem like overall good people, i feel horrible that there happened to be people or a set of circumstances that led you to this decision but at the end of the day it's not my right to stop you, if a person i know happens to be suicidal i would try to have a talk with the person and try to fix things because i believe everybody including everybody on this site deserves to live happily, but if they're deadset on it and refuse to be helped then i won't push any further but if i do that i'll stay feeling horrible for them so it's just confusing to me therefore i have no "complete" opinion about suicide that i'm deadset on but in conclusion the way so many people who claim to care behave in a certain condescending way towards suicidal people is very disgusting. this thread was also inspired by You Know Who's video and comment section on this site in which he demonises the site and it's users because of a couple scenarios which also happens to be how i discovered abt the site thinking that it was full of toxic ppl tearing eachother down and offering them to die cause i just wanted to find a good method but it's far from how he portrayed it. but ofc the site isn't perfect it's very miserable in most corners but obviously that's the purpose you wouldn't get sunshine and rainbows if you put thousands of suicidal people in one website lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: StolenLife, The anhedonic one, Huntfish34 and 3 others
sadnow11

sadnow11

Jun 27, 2023
People see suicide as a bad act rather than neutral or good that's where the problem lies.

I see it as a positive act personally. It alleviates suffering and fixes a problem. It's the one time I think someone is justified in being extremely selfish and casting aside everyone else's feelings.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Huntfish34, Flailure 513282 and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- I think I share your perspective. It's certainly tragic that life has brought so many good people to this point. I expect it's that that many people feel so sad about- the injustice of it. Like you say- many people here have been treated appallingly by other people. Yet- they seem to be so kind and sensitive themselves. It's awful that so many people are trampled over in life. I guess the ideal is that they may be nurtured back to health and supported but- we know by now what kind of world this is. It's not impossible but it's rare to find that sort of genuine care.

Many people here simply don't want to be a part of this type of world. We can wish all we like that the world would be different but- it's unlikely to change. If anything- it seems to be heading more towards ruthlessness in my view. So- the individual then has to take it upon themselves to adapt. Harden themselves. Ignore what's going on around them and focus on themselves. Become just as selfish as everyone else. Some people simply don't want to do that though. What does 'recovery' mean in this world? In order to do well- what type of person do you need to become?

As for pro-lifers. I think they vary to be honest. I think some may have good intentions but ultimately- they are denying people the right to choose what to do with their own lives. That can't be good.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Huntfish34 and icecrunch
icecrunch

icecrunch

whats gud
Jun 29, 2023
agree w everything 100% it's all just very cruel i even feel pity towards myself everytime i come on this site or experience terrible thoughts since i feel like i'm an overall decent person ig lol

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Huntfish34
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me suicide prevention is really just prolonging suffering, I just hate the whole idea that suicide must be prevented rather than being a personal choice, to me it's just inhumane trying to force someone to suffer until they die anyway. I cannot stand those pro-lifers who try to interfere, if they see their existence as being worth enduring then that's fine for them but so many people don't even want to stay here, I could never do, I've always seen death as being the only relief.

Reactions: icecrunch and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I avoid these people like the plauge. They are so out of touch with reality it's laughable.
They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about because to truly understand a suicidal person you have to have gone through the same thing yourself.

• Love
Reactions: icecrunch and Hollowman
N

NoReasonToLive2023

Change and decay in all around I see
Jun 4, 2023
You have to have been miserable to truly understand misery and suffering. A lot of these suicide prevention folk genuinely mean well. They just don't understand how much suffering people have been through.

• Love
Reactions: icecrunch and The anhedonic one
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
They're delusional. They can't fathom how for some people life has negative worth. That it is better to be dead

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one