I

itwasallascream

May 19, 2024
This topic has been covered in so many ways but I think its so important to discuss it frequently.

People who are against suicide dont care aboit us.

They care about themselves. They care about their own pain. They don't care that we're in pain. They just want to avoid their own pain.

The response is always "you'll hurt the people you'll leave behind" and never "you must be in so much pain, is there anything I can do to help."

The way i see it, the sum of my pain, is more than the sum of the pain created if I ctb. This means, logically and objectively, if I ctb, I am reducing the pain that exists in this world. This is a positive outcome and, if the goal is to spread kindness and reduce pain, then suicide is a positive outcome not just for me, but also for humanity.

When people say to me that my suicie would cause so much pain, I immediately think that this person is selfish and obly concerned with their own emotions and not the pain of people around them.

If anyone really cared, they would be glad that websites like this exist as it is a safe place for people in pain to openly discuss their pain amongst peers.

This is way more beneficial than any comments about the negative consequences of ctb.

Thank you to you all for being on here and sharing. It means more to me than the misdirected subjectivity of people who want us to stay here and live a lifetime of grief just so they don't have a few weeks of grief.

• Love
Reactions: disabledlife, sserafim, Contraband and 8 others
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
100% selfish, and not in the good self empowering way. The bad way. The way that makes them deserving of their own miseries. It makes me mad that humans can be such garbage

Reactions: avalonisburning, sserafim and Moniker
Moniker

Moniker

Nov 1, 2023
Yeah, my few experiences with chatting about suicide prevention made this apparent to me. I don't even think most folks really care if I ctb. It's just some sort of savior's complex.

The last bit you wrote is a big reason why I'm beyond grateful for the work people put into contributing to the site. It's nice to see people be real. No BS aphorisms, dumb advice, pawning others off onto a therapist, etc.

Reactions: avalonisburning, sserafim and jbear824
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
People don't care about your pain, they only care as to whether you are alive or not so that you can be a contributing member to society and pay taxes. That's it. They don't have any reason to care about your pain

Reactions: sserafim
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
I think they're probably doing the best they can with the knowledge and experience and perspective they have.

Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...šŸ˜¢
Aug 19, 2019
In my situation it is because how it is going to inconvenience them after I CTB. Nothing more.. yes, selfish is the perfect word

Reactions: itwasallascream