abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
I tend to put other people on pedestals. I just think they are better than me, and some enough so that they could be like gods honestly. And there are a few places and people that I know I put up there but here is also becoming one of them where it just feels that everyone else is better than me in some sense, almost like I am doing something wrong to the people here if that makes sense.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Jealous Blackheart
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
It's okay, everyone compares themselves to other things all the time. I struggle with it too, I beat myself up comparing myself to others. But there must be skills you have that others don't. Prehaps all your skills are common, but there would still be people who doesn't know those skills.
It's a really hard mindset to get out of, so good luck, I wish you the best.

Reactions: carac and Jealous Blackheart
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
That's hard. I've been on the other side of that more often than not. People would put me on unimaginable pedestals. Even at a young age.
It robs you of empathy. It robs you of aid.
It exposes you to judgement.
It forces you into expectations.
It sets you up for failure.
I've never been allowed to make mistakes in my life. Nothing has ever been forgiven. Everything I've ever done wrong has had a heavy price that I had to pay and I had to pay it myself. No one comes to save you.

I know it seems insensitive to lament people thinking positively about you, even if their opinion exists in a limited context, but we're just human. I'm tired of hurting people because they thought I was going to be a better person than I am. Even if I tell them I'm not. You may feel bad about yourself because you put people on a pedestal, but more often than not, those of us who are placed there feel bad about it too.

Reactions: abcz