FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sometimes I even read of people saying about finding peace in life which is something that would be completely absurd to me. There could never be any peace in this hellish reality and I could never want to make peace with it if such a thing was even possible, to me suffering is absolutely unacceptable, it's certainly such a terrible thing enduring such a futile existence, where we are destined to decay and where there's unlimited potential to suffer.

There could never be any peace in the knowledge that suffering is inevitable, I see existence as being the true problem as we are trapped with our own thoughts in the decaying flesh prison that is the human body, we are slaves to it and the only escape and relief from this dreadful existence lies in death, it's undeniable, existence was a cruel, horrific mistake in the first place and I could never see existence as being a desirable state.

But of course I very strongly believe that we just cease existing after this and to me that's true peace, the reality is that peace could only ever lie in being completely unaware of everything with this existence finally forgotten about, I just think it sounds so peaceful sleeping forever, as the non-existent have no concerns, they are free from this burden.

But in comparison existence repluses me and this reality is just so nightmarish, existence has only been a way to cause so much meaningless and unnecessary suffering to be experienced all for the sake of it, there's no escape from suffering as long as one continues to be trapped here, there could never be any peace in a world filled with endless harm and where chance so cruelly determines everything. I think in this reality it will always be perfectly logical wishing for true peace, all that I've ever wished for is permanent peace from everything.

• Love
Reactions: The Burning Fool, Crono, TheHuman and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sounds like you're pretty convinced by that bus. Are you planning to catch it or do you have something keeping you here? (I hope this doesn't come across rude or anything I'm just curious)
The reality is that suicide just isn't straightforward in this world, in fact it's purposely made so difficult, this site is filled with people struggling to ctb. The problem lies in the fact that we exist in this world where people are denied access to painless, guaranteed and reliable methods, sadly there are risks and complications involved in trying to die which is what has kept me trapped here, not everyone can just easily ctb.

I would also fear suffering more from some kind of suicide attempt going wrong, so therefore I have no plans to leave at least in the near future, at least no matter what each second is one second closer to death, but I'm certainly tired of existing here

• Love
Reactions: tpboy, The Burning Fool, jussrav and 9 others
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I agree, there could never be any peace in this life.
Like what peace? When children are being raped and animals being tortured? These things disgusts and haunts me so much that I wish to die just to be free from these thoughts. Humans are so full of hate and narcissism... We live in a rotten society. We suffer mentally and physically but for what? Why? What's the point? Why should we endure all the pain and suffering? Sometimes it hurts to just breathe. I am only 27 but it hurts so much. Everything hurts. I am getting older and older. It hurts to wake up every fucking day. My soul hurts. I want to be free

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Justnotme, pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
Agreed. To be born and imprisoned here, then further denied a way out when we choose we want one is cruel. We are like lab rats.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Sometimes I even read of people saying about finding peace in life which is something that would be completely absurd to me. There could never be any peace in this hellish reality and I could never want to make peace with it if such a thing was even possible, to me suffering is absolutely unacceptable, it's certainly such a terrible thing enduring such a futile existence, where we are destined to decay and where there's unlimited potential to suffer.

Absolutely. I think any solace we find is merely a distraction from reality. I'm not afraid to admit that I thought I'd found peace in this life before, but at the end of the day, nothing could truly cancel out the horrors of living, no matter how great the distraction. Although I may find distractions for myself from time to time, knowing that others haven't and/can't just doesn't sit right with me.

There could never be any peace in the knowledge that suffering is inevitable, I see existence as being the true problem as we are trapped with our own thoughts in the decaying flesh prison that is the human body, we are slaves to it and the only escape and relief from this dreadful existence lies in death, it's undeniable, existence was a cruel, horrific mistake in the first place and I could never see existence as being a desirable state.

Again, I agree. I hate my body, and I do feel, as you say, trapped. I'm sure a great number of us here can relate. If starvation wasn't such an agonizing process, I'd actually be inclined to give it a try as my way out. I hate keeping this meat suit alive. I hate having to drag it around to do things. Nonexistence really is ideal, for me anyways.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Life is like experiencing a primitive existence with higher consciousness. This existence is problematic with its most basic dynamics. Every new day is a meaningless struggle against entropy. We will surely lose in the end. It's just unnecessary.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Peace comes in many different forms for people, it's just how life is, some times peace can't be achieved by anyone, it's a sad fact, I love my life but I also want to die, I want my memories to leave me alone and stop taunting me and reminding me on who I am. A failure.

I hope you find peace in life or death

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
Peace comes in many different forms for people, it's just how life is, some times peace can't be achieved by anyone, it's a sad fact, I love my life but I also want to die, I want my memories to leave me alone and stop taunting me and reminding me on who I am. A failure.

I hope you find peace in life or death
Life is suffering, at the end of day we are trapped in a shell of meat that is slowly degrading over time, to think that life is valuable is to say that you want to continue suffering on a rock in the middle of nowhere. We all will die, and that is fact, its just that in eternal abyss that was the before, and afterlife was a place of no suffering there was nothing but peace, nothing which in the end what we will all be, nothing. The universie will slowly die until the last black hole evaporates, and time in the universe becomes ultimately meaningless. So life is just a pointless attempt to try and delay, the enviable which is heat death. The last breath of everything then everything becomes nothing just like the peace of death, with no memory of anything happening.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Jun 18, 2023
Life is suffering, at the end of day we are trapped in a shell of meat that is slowly degrading over time, to think that life is valuable is to say that you want to continue suffering on a rock in the middle of nowhere. We all will die, and that is fact, its just that in eternal abyss that was the before, and afterlife was a place of no suffering there was nothing but peace, nothing which in the end what we will all be, nothing. The universie will slowly die until the last black hole evaporates, and time in the universe becomes ultimately meaningless. So life is just a pointless attempt to try and delay, the enviable which is heat death. The last breath of everything then everything becomes nothing just like the peace of death, with no memory of anything happening.
We don't know if death is peace, it could be so awful it's not even funny

• Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

But of course I very strongly believe that we just cease existing after this and to me that's true peace, the reality is that peace could only ever lie in being completely unaware of everything with this existence finally forgotten about, I just think it sounds so peaceful sleeping forever, as the non-existent have no concerns, they are free from this burden.

But in comparison existence repluses me and this reality is just so nightmarish, existence has only been a way to cause so much meaningless and unnecessary suffering to be experienced all for the sake of it, there's no escape from suffering as long as one continues to be trapped here, there could never be any peace in a world filled with endless harm and where chance so cruelly determines everything. I think in this reality it will always be perfectly logical wishing for true peace, all that I've ever wished for is permanent peace from everything.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: Sunset Limited and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- Sometimes I wonder how these spiritual 'gurus' do it- like Eckhart Tolle or Sadhguru. There are three major problems as I see it- at least:

Finacial security- fine if you are finanially supported or confident. How are regular people REALLY supposed to stop worrying about day to day living- for any length of time anyway?

Health- like you say- how can you REALLY be at peace if you are in pain? I mean- maybe some really advanced practitioners can block it out but- where's the 'fun' in just surviving trying to block out all the bad bits?

Selfishness- again- like you say- how can anyone with a conscience be utterly comfortable living in this world? Knowing all that goes on in it. All that they're very likely a part of. Who hasn't eaten meat/ consumed animal products at one time? Who doesn't own something that was very likely built by people who are horribly exploited? The whole system seems to be built on exploitation. Seems like the only way to feel peaceful is to just ignore all that. Doesn't seem very responsible. Nevermind psychopaths and sociopaths- I think we ALL live compartmentalised lives just to be able to live with ourselves.

Reactions: Sunset Limited and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Whether one sees a life as "peaceful" or "hellish" is a very personal and subjective feeling, there are as many individual reasons as humans are living what one defines as a "peaceful life" or "hellish life". And whether there is a life after death or there is nothingness and whether this is peaceful or hellish, we unfortunately don't know it. There's only NDE reports to which we can refere but all people (and Ihope they found peace and freedom) who really made the last step onto the other side you never report to us how it is there. So this probably will always be unknown to us unless we really reach the other side forever which ishopefully a relief for all of us.

Reactions: Sunset Limited
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
if you want peace you'll have to find away to destroy everything into there is nothing left to destroy or maybe death is the final release from these dreadful lifetimes

TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
We don't know if death is peace, it could be so awful it's not even funny
Death is permanent and final, it is eternal blackness that was the before life. Don't you remember the black of nothingness then suddenly you were brought into this world, death is just a return to the eternal darkness and peace that was the before life which would be then the afterlife.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Jun 18, 2023
Death is permanent and final, it is eternal blackness that was the before life. Don't you remember the black of nothingness then suddenly you were brought into this world, death is just a return to the eternal darkness and peace that was the before life which would be then the afterlife.
Children in the womb can't see anything nor can we remember it, are memories can go back only so far, calling death darkness might not even be true, are brain is dead, we don't know what we see when our brain is dead

D

DesolateSouls

Jun 29, 2022

I'm so sorry that you are unable to find peace in this hellish place. Peace during life is reserved for a very lucky part of the population who generally don't realize what they have. I experienced peace once; the time before I was born. And I plan to experience it again when I'm dead. I hope that someday, maybe, you can find some sort of peace while you are alive. Even if not, death will meet both you and I to give us an eternity of peace and sanctuary

TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
Children in the womb can't see anything nor can we remember it, are memories can go back only so far, calling death darkness might not even be true, are brain is dead, we don't know what we see when our brain is dead
I remember moments before my consciousness started, just a black plain with no problems or suffer then I see the world. What did you experience before your life? Nothing, you just popped into existence one day on the hellish planet from the blackness that was nothing.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Jun 18, 2023
I remember moments before my consciousness started, just a black plain with no problems or suffer then I see the world. What did you experience before your life? Nothing, you just popped into existence one day on the hellish planet from the blackness that was nothing.
it's impossible from what I know, of people remembering when they left the womb, usually are brain tries to fill the gap

jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
Agreed. To be born and imprisoned here, then further denied a way out when we choose we want one is cruel. We are like lab rats.
I hate that I am stuck here suffering and want to get put.
I'm so sorry that you are unable to find peace in this hellish place. Peace during life is reserved for a very lucky part of the population who generally don't realize what they have. I experienced peace once; the time before I was born. And I plan to experience it again when I'm dead. I hope that someday, maybe, you can find some sort of peace while you are alive. Even if not, death will meet both you and I to give us an eternity of peace and sanctuary
As they say you dont know wgat you've got till its gone. People take peace and life for granted or are born in ideal situations that prevent them from getting into a mess.
I agree, there could never be any peace in this life.
Like what peace? When children are being raped and animals being tortured? These things disgusts and haunts me so much that I wish to die just to be free from these thoughts. Humans are so full of hate and narcissism... We live in a rotten society. We suffer mentally and physically but for what? Why? What's the point? Why should we endure all the pain and suffering? Sometimes it hurts to just breathe. I am only 27 but it hurts so much. Everything hurts. I am getting older and older. It hurts to wake up every fucking day. My soul hurts. I want to be free
Same here. I am struggling and I was ok 3 years ago.

Last edited: