dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
If anyone would be able to answer the following
• Can you make transfers with Western Union online?
• Is there a disadvantage to paying with Western Union over bitcoin or moneygram?
• Is it safer to have it delivered with private courier? I don't care about money, I just need the most reliable option.

Sorry for all the questions.
I have cognitive problems and it is difficult for me to remember things. I am in a lot of pain and would really like to get this sorted out now.

Reactions: Sick Boy
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I googled it and you can do Western Union online. Just go to www.westernunion.com

Also googled this:

Is Western Union or MoneyGram better?
MoneyGram vs. Western Union: An Overview. ... Outside the United States, it is even easier to find a nearby agent for MoneyGram (MGI) or Western Union (WU) or both. Cash is still king in many countries, and, in developing nations, many people do not have bank accounts. So which is better, MoneyGram or Western Union?Feb 23, 2019
Key Takeaways

• The many pricing variables make it impossible to state whether Western Union or MoneyGram is the best, or even cheapest, service available.
  • Check fee calculators available on both company's websites to determine the exact cost based on where you are sending the money to and from, using what medium, and if exchange rate fees apply.
There was more but I didn't know how much I could cut and paste.
I think bitcoin is much harder to trace the transaction but I'm not totally sure... maybe someone else knows

I'm not sure what options A has for shipping. The last I saw he was using private courier. (There is a Megathread about getting N from A somewhere here)

Reactions: dolphin
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
- Can you make transfers with Western Union online?
Yes. Your transaction with A will likely be cancelled though and that isn't on his end. It's on Western Union and Moneygram's end.

- Is there a disadvantage to paying with Western Union over bitcoin or moneygram?
Your payment will likely not go through. You're also leaving a money footprint behind.

- Is it safer to have it delivered with private courier? I don't care about money, I just need the most reliable option.
It is recommended by A to use the private courier as there is a higher risk of your product being seized or lost.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
Yes. Your transaction with A will likely be cancelled though and that isn't on his end. It's on Western Union and Moneygram's end.

- Is there a disadvantage to paying with Western Union over bitcoin or moneygram?
Your payment will likely not go through. You're also leaving a money footprint behind.

- Is it safer to have it delivered with private courier? I don't care about money, I just need the most reliable option.
It is recommended by A to use the private courier as there is a higher risk of your product being seized or lost.
Thanks so much for your response. Okay, so I'm better off trying to figure out bitcoin? If I make a transaction with western union and it doesn't go through, will the cause any issues? Is it fine to take that risk?
If I need the package to be delivered to a PO Box, I'm assuming I'd have to use regular mail then? I live with others so I need to have it delivered to a P.O. Box.
Thank you.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Thanks so much for your response. Okay, so I'm better off trying to figure out bitcoin? If I make a transaction with western union and it doesn't go through, will the cause any issues? Is it fine to take that risk?
If I need the package to be delivered to a PO Box, I'm assuming I'd have to use regular mail then? I live with others so I need to have it delivered to a P.O. Box.
Thank you.
>>Okay, so I'm better off trying to figure out bitcoin?
If you want? All the options from A are all viable. It is just that you will need to find a MG or WU agent in your town. Online transactions will likely be cancelled.

>>If I make a transaction with western union and it doesn't go through, will the cause any issues? Is it fine to take that risk?
Questions like this should be directed to A.

>>If I need the package to be delivered to a PO Box, I'm assuming I'd have to use regular mail then? I live with others so I need to have it delivered to a P.O. Box.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and dolphin
dolphin

dolphin

aquatic thing
Feb 7, 2019
>>Okay, so I'm better off trying to figure out bitcoin?
If you want? All the options from A are all viable. It is just that you will need to find a MG or WU agent in your town. Online transactions will likely be cancelled.

>>If I make a transaction with western union and it doesn't go through, will the cause any issues? Is it fine to take that risk?

>>If I need the package to be delivered to a PO Box, I'm assuming I'd have to use regular mail then? I live with others so I need to have it delivered to a P.O. Box.

Okay. Thank you. Sorry again for all the questions - I really appreciate the help.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

Good information :) I didn't know that Western Union would be canceled online.

Reactions: HelensNepenthe