suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I had a 'friend' once who used me for money. So I know he might accept to do this for money. He didn't seem the super-psycho type so I don't think he would torture me or anything beforehand. The only problem I have is him scamming me, taking the $ but not killing me. I am thinking maybe I can buy cyptocurrency for the deed and tell him that if he doesn't kill me I will report the robbery, because the crypto is associated with me (not possible, but he's not tech savvy so....). What do you guys think? I know the hitman solution is not recommended (I wouldn't trust a stranger), but this guy is someone I know. Of, course, the worst case scenario is that he takes the money and then sells me to some underground gang to get even more $. But at this point I'm thinking that the risk is probably worth it, given the low probability of that happening.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
No way would I trust him to do this. Far easier to take the money and run. Even if you prove you had hired him, you are bound to get in trouble since you are paying someone to kill someone, even though that someone is you. This is just a big disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Bct, LivedTooLong, disabledandhopeless and 7 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You didn't ask for input, and you didn't say don't give input, so I'm acting from an assumption that you posted to get input, and not for some other reason like shock value or to get people stirred up trying to talk you out of it when you've already decided to do it.

My perspective...

If the worst case scenario happens, will you still think the low probability was worth the risk? Which is worse, and which are you better able to manage: life as it is now, or the worst case scenario?

Also, what you're seeking requires the highest level of trust, and this is someone whose actions have already proven he's not trustworthy and doesn't have integrity.

I'm not saying don't fantasize about it. But there's a huge difference between fantasizing and putting your financial resources and your life -- not just your death -- in the hands of a proven [insert the most apt derogatory label here].

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, Soul, autumnal and 2 others
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
You clearly cannot and don't trust this bloke.
I think you know this is never,ever going to work.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, Woodnote, Soul and 3 others
suffering

suffering

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you guys for the replies. Desperation can make me irrational, so it's useful to get some input in this.
My logic is the following:
If I just live my life: Chances of suffering : I'd say 60% ( eventual old age, probably sickness, very possible financial struggles). Chances of living a happy life: 0 (I'm a pessimist, even if I get what I want I would have to deal with ennui or with the knowledge that this world is full of suffering). Best case scenario is living a life that is mildly comfortable (+preferably mildly entertaining) and I don't know what the chances are for that. Let's say 20% although it's probably lower. The remaining 20% is just a mediocre life.
If I pay this guy and he kills me: Chances of suffering = 0. Perfect scenario. Chances of this happening = I'd say 40%.
If I pay this guy and he scams me (without torture) + (if I don't risk all my money, let's say I manage to make more money over the years and I just risk 20% of my net worth) : Chances of suffering = same as if I just live my life, but a bit worse, since I lost money + now I'm stressed etc. Chances of this happening = i'd say 55%.
If I pay this guy and he scams me + tortures me: Chance of extreme suffering: HIGH. Chance of this happening: let's say 5%.

What do you guys think?
Edit: some math

• Hugs
Reactions: Saed
Mgl91

Mgl91

Nothing is real
Feb 16, 2020
I would say go to a slum with a big knife threatening gang members until you get a good shot and best of all for free! a little humor brother ... I think killing someone should be more difficult than killing yourself ... bad idea

• Love
Reactions: Saed
suffering

suffering

Aug 17, 2018
If the worst case scenario happens, will you still think the low probability was worth the risk? Which is worse, and which are you better able to manage: life as it is now, or the worst case scenario?
This is a very good point. My logic here is that the level of pain he can inflict on me might happen to me anyway later in life, if I get old and sick. So the odds might even out. Although I might be wrong. I crave death so badly I am focusing only on reasons to do it :(

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@suffering, when you ponder the likelihood of this person accepting the job and actually carrying it out, are you also considering the likelihood that he'd do it expertly, or at least effectively?

(I think you should look for a different exit.)

Reactions: FriendofDeath, kinzokukae and suffering
suffering

suffering

Aug 17, 2018
@suffering, when you ponder the likelihood of this person accepting the job and actually carrying it out, are you also considering the likelihood that he'd do it expertly, or at least effectively?

(I think you should look for a different exit.)
Yes, as far as I know, he has a gun. I can try to live life to my best abilities and if something goes wrong, I can keep him in mind as a plan 'B'.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I would hire someone if he would do it with a gun and fast

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and suffering
suffering

suffering

Aug 17, 2018
I've also been thinking about how to prevent him scamming me and I think some cryptocurrency with an escrow system might help me. Like lock some crypto in an escrow that only gets transferred to him if 10 days passed and I haven't taken any action. This way, he would have to kill me (or kidnap me for 10 days and keep me without internet, but I think killing me might be easier)

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
If you are not sure I wouldn't do it. It seems you don't trust him much

Reactions: suffering
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
IMHO this is silly just ctb yourself: gun, sn, exit bag

Reactions: autumnal
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
if I use antipsychotics and exit bag will it work or not?
like overdose

suffering

suffering

Aug 17, 2018
IMHO this is silly just ctb yourself: gun, sn, exit bag
I tried but my survival instinct is too damn high. I spend 1 year in psychological agony after I realized I can't do it.

Reactions: kinzokukae
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
if I use antipsychotics and exit bag will it work or not?
like overdose

No. Modern antipsychotics are designed to be non-fatal in overdose, they need to be by virtue of the patient population using them. An overdose of antipsychotics will not sedate you enough for you to remain unconscious during suffocation.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I would hire someone if he would do it with a gun and fast
me to I would hire someone if he would do it with a gun and fast shoot me in the heart

• Hugs
Reactions: suffering
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I've also been thinking about how to prevent him scamming me and I think some cryptocurrency with an escrow system might help me. Like lock some crypto in an escrow that only gets transferred to him if 10 days passed and I haven't taken any action. This way, he would have to kill me (or kidnap me for 10 days and keep me without internet, but I think killing me might be easier)

The whole thing is a totally naive and fanciful idea. Then you build upon that ridiculousness with even more layers of ridiculousness :haha:

I'm just waiting for the next scenario, where you consider hiring a second assassin with more escrowed Bitcoin in order to kill the first assassin!

But seriously, you seem keenly inclined to 'calculate' the degrees of risk and probability of various scenarios, yet seem to also be missing an overall regulator of general common sense. These kind of posts are fairly common among people who are still too immature (or even underage) to have an adult conceptualisation of suicide and the realities and limitations of its methods.