• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
So in India there is a concept of leaving everything and becoming a wondering monk. Not that it is an easy path but it kind a remove one from current circumstances and start over. Live off land... Take what's given graciously and if not then one planning to die anyway... What you guys think of it.

Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep and LifeIsCrazyNemb
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think it is easier to live in a monastery than survive on your own. And it is not easy at all to devoid yourself of almost everything you craved.

Edit: I am sorry I didn't see it was meant as passive suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Soontobegoner
S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
Monestry has merit of being any organisation... Only issue is... Then you are out from one setup and into another...

Other issue is... Most of monestry or ashram we call them in India has economy of their own and not really spiritual but a means to survive. Then it becomes from passive Suicide to passive living.
I am sorry I didn't see it was meant as passive suicide.
Yea... Living like hobo on street and then die eventually of hunger or other circumstances may be

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Ashu and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Monestry has merit of being any organisation... Only issue is... Then you are out from one setup and into another...

Other issue is... Most of monestry or ashram we call them in India has economy of their own and not really spiritual but a means to survive. Then it becomes from passive Suicide to passive living.
Yeah I just realized you meant it as passive suicide not becoming a monk for that reason alone. Dying from hunger/thirst then without intervention is what you are thinking about? I think that might be slow and painful but maybe achievable to someone with strong spiritual dedication.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Soontobegoner
S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
Yeah I just realized you meant it as passive suicide not becoming a monk for that reason alone. Dying from hunger/thirst then without intervention is what you are thinking about? I think that might be slow and painful but maybe achievable to someone with strong monk dedication.
Just a curious thought.... It has connection with spirituality too... Like if one dies while being true monk... Most of his/her karma that brought him these circumstances gets washed away.... So may be in next life one does not have to deal with same shit

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Just a curious thought.... It has connection with spirituality too... Like if one dies while being true monk... Most of his/her karma that brought him these circumstances gets washed away.... So may be in next life one does not have to deal with same shit
I am not into Buddhism myself to the point I believe in reincarnation cycle, but I do find it more interesting than other religions because it's like a philosophy.

Being able to observe yourself opens your mind to different perspectives on life.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and Soontobegoner
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Leaving everything and going off on your own sounds very risky to me. Joining a monastery would be safer, but you would then be bound by the rules of the monastic community. Could you cope with that? And remember that iI you have problems, you will probably take them with you to the monastery. Is it possible to try going off by yourself, or joining a monastery, for a limited period, such as a month or two, to see whether either is right for you? Whatever you do, don't give away all your possessions until you know that you have a viable alternative life.

Reactions: sserafim, reclaimedbynature, Soontobegoner and 2 others
S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
I am not into Buddhism myself to the point I believe in reincarnation cycle, but I do find it more interesting than other religions because it's like a philosophy.

Being able to observe yourself opens your mind to different perspectives on life.
Recarnation is part of most of non Abrahamic relegion... In Hinduism mostly
Leaving everything and going off on your own sounds very risky to me. Joining a monastery would be safer, but you would then be bound by the rules of the monastic community. Could you cope with that? And remember that iI you have problems, you will probably take them with you to the monastery. Is it possible to try going off by yourself, or joining a monastery, for a limited period, such as a month or two, to see whether either is right for you? Whatever you do, don't give away all your possessions until you know that you have a viable alternative life.
I actually been to monestry and ashram both and more than a month.... So one can go to such institutions... Not that acceptance would be easy but one can work hard to be accepted and adjust... Issue is... There is nothing spiritual in those monestry i found... Just a repetitive routine of rituals... No one I saw actually practicing the preaching.... Funnily... Some of monk had become youtuber

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Ashu and R_N
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I thought about this very hard. My problem with this is, even becoming a monk is not going to fix my disappointment and severe depression in my life. My mind is damaged to the point that nothing can fix it.

Reactions: sserafim
S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
I thought about this very hard. My problem with this is, even becoming a monk is not going to fix my disappointment and severe depression in my life. My mind is damaged to the point that nothing can fix it.
Oh i hear you... I myself is in same boat... Though the suggestion here is not exactly becoming a monk but leaving the old life and coming to road. Now on road either one would appreciate what one had or just give and die of hunger.... As one might think people would give food for needy but I don't know... And anyway... One can choose to not to take food and eventually with long time fasting... One would die... Initially hunger hurts but after 3 4 days.... The pain subsides.
I would really love to do it... Issue is... The place... India is so overpopulated that everywhere there is someone... And for this method... One would need a place where one can die in peace without anyone doing any intervention.

Last edited:
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Oh i hear you... I myself is in same boat... Though the suggestion here is not exactly becoming a monk but leaving the old life and coming to road. Now on road either one would appreciate what one had or just give and die of hunger.... As one might think people would give food for needy but I don't know... And anyway... One can choose to not to take food and eventually with long time fasting... One would die... Initially hunger hurts but after 3 4 days.... The pain subsides.
I would really love to do it... Issue is... The place... India is so overpopulated that everywhere there is someone... And for this method... One would need a place where one can die in peace without anyone doing any intervention.
Didn't know that starving to death is painless, interesting.........

S

Soontobegoner

Student
Feb 4, 2024
Didn't know that starving to death is painless, interesting.........
From what I understand.... Initial days are painful... Like first 2 3 days... Once body starts consuming itself... Pain of hunger subsides and one becomes lathergic... Basically body trying to conserve the leftover energy.... Eventually all fat and then muscle gets consumed to such degree that internal organs starts failing.... Thats my understanding

Last edited: