FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
So I have been suicidal for years and been on and off again about going through with it. I have lost joy in doing absolutely everything, so I decided since I don't feel like doing anything I am going to try and smother myself the cozy way. I tend to pass out when I get high or drunk, so I figured I would do that while buried in pillows and blankets, as I note that when I do that after a bit it gets hard to breathe. So if I secure the pillows and blankets on right I SHOULD be able to run out of oxygen while I am comfortably passed out eventually, right?
If the worst happens and it doesn't work or I survive, then its just another annoying day for me, as it should look like an accident of an inebriated person. What do you guys think? Or tips to improve it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Death by hygge! The thing is, will your SI kick in?

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i do this to help myself go to sleep sometimes lol. youll fall asleep then kick the blankets off. unless you can some how secure them down so you cant.

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I am sorry to hear that you no longer find joy in doing anything anymore.

I personally don't think it would work, because even when you (comfortably) pass out, in a way, it's just like sleeping. The likelihood is that you would just kick off the blanket and pillows to make way for air unconsciously. I don't think it's a way to ctb.

There is something similar to this, it's called the Night-Night method. I would recommend you look into that if you want to in the Wiki tab. Either way, I hope you can do whatever is at your best interests!

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Niftypoint124
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
Death by hygge! The thing is, will your SI kick in?
That's my question, but fear is kind of fun so I am more worried about the headache I would have from waking up. XD But yeah, as it isn't a pure environment under all the sheets I would probably STILL have too much oxygen, or if I don't secure the blankets right I will kick them off in my sleep. Hoping with being high on edibles my usual retinue of not moving much, being hard to wake up, and not dreaming should help ensure a decent passing.
I am sorry to hear that you no longer find joy in doing anything anymore.

I personally don't think it would work, because even when you (comfortably) pass out, in a way, it's just like sleeping. The likelihood is that you would just kick off the blanket and pillows to make way for air unconsciously. I don't think it's a way to ctb.

There is something similar to this, it's called the Night-Night method. I would recommend you look into that if you want to in the Wiki tab. Either way, I hope you can do whatever is at your best interests!
When I work in some privacy will put it on the list of my preferred methods (nitrous/helium sound best currently) but I kind of hope if I am caught it will just look like an accident, and if I the cloth to my head it might be a give away XD. Although I might be able to make it look like an accident if I just use my sleeping headset, if its velcro is somehow strong enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntfish34 and darksideofthebright
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I also suspect your SI might take over. It's like trying to drown oneself, like dry drowning. The body will fight to save itself no matter what. It's a bit like holding your nose and putting your end under water in the bath. I think your method would work for small children who can't fight their way out of blankets. But what if your method is only halfway successful and you end up in some sort of brain damaged mid-way point?

Reactions: Huntfish34
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Although I might be able to make it look like an accident if I just use my sleeping headset, if its velcro is somehow strong enough.
Because there has not been enough discussion on this, it's a bit difficult to navigate through how likely it is for you to catch your bus (at least for me ; _ ;). However, if you intend to try it out, I think it would be good to read more on the results and other unexpected things involved beforehand.

Wish you all the best. X

FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
I also suspect your SI might take over. It's like trying to drown oneself, like dry drowning. The body will fight to save itself no matter what. It's a bit like holding your nose and putting your end under water in the bath. I think your method would work for small children who can't fight their way out of blankets. But what if your method is only halfway successful and you end up in some sort of brain damaged mid-way point?
Yeah, concerned about SI, hoping I am too high to react properly. Brain damage is a concern but... Honestly brain damage might not be as bad for me. This method will look like an accident so I will just try another method to finish the job later. Maybe get more direct. Also sorry, the stuff is kicking in
Because there has not been enough discussion on this, it's a bit difficult to navigate through how likely it is for you to catch your bus (at least for me ; _ ;). However, if you intend to try it out, I think it would be good to read more on the results and other unexpected things involved beforehand.

Wish you all the best. X
No problem, thanks! Usually when I try to screw up my life something always saves me, so I try to look for higher percentages of success XD

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I know you feel shit and you have no physical energy and that death by hygge seems like an idea because there is very little for you to physically do, but you will probably feel hot and sweaty and your SI will kick in and kick those blankets and pillows off. I know it's the only manageable method right now but it doesn't seem likely to be successful and then you'll feel even worse for feeling disappointed

Reactions: darksideofthebright and Huntfish34
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
I know you feel shit and you have no physical energy and that death by hygge seems like an idea because there is very little for you to physically do, but you will probably feel hot and sweaty and your SI will kick in and kick those blankets and pillows off. I know it's the only manageable method right now but it doesn't seem likely to be successful and then you'll feel even worse for feeling disappointed
Fair enough, I mostly was just curious.

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Nothing wrong with experimenting! But the disappointment if you fail, will you feel worse?

Reactions: darksideofthebright and Huntfish34
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
Nothing wrong with experimenting! But the disappointment if you fail, will you feel worse?
Not really, usually somethings stops me anyway. And my suicide issues are about gender dysphoria on the physical plane, so I don't care for failing anything else anymore.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fthis, Panna, darksideofthebright and 1 other person
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
What stops you? Being interrupted? Or your SI?
Do you feel like you're immune to failure now? Actually, do you think you could go on a few more days. You're practically invincible now! :) Not a bad superpower to have!

FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
What stops you? Being interrupted? Or your SI?
Do you feel like you're immune to failure now? Actually, do you think you could go on a few more days. You're practically invincible now! :) Not a bad superpower to have!
Yes, its like a hellish super power when I don't like being alive. I think its tied to the quantum suicide theory since you can't experience your lack of perception.

Reactions: Fthis
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I think suffocating is very scary.

FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
Death by waaaay too many weighted blankets crushing you maybe?

FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
Its not scary if I am passed out high and comfy, and even then I am more afraid of having to live. I totally am down for weighted blankets. I ended up getting distracted last night and forgot to do it as I curled up crying and forgot to actually end it passive aggressively XD

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
The only way I could see this being effective is to sleep in a coffin-like structure, tightly sealed, if you could handle. I am claustrophobic, so I would be unable to. Not sure if the carbon dioxide build up would awaken you... maybe heavy sedatives could combat this. Interesting idea. Thought of something like this myself after I heard about a soldier dying in a similar manner like you mentioned.

Reactions: OminousVaL
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
In theory, any method of killing yourself seems viable because you're in so much pain. In practice, however, it's a different story. The way you mention has a high likelihood of failing, if not completely guaranteed, because of our nasty survival instinct kicking in that is damn near impossible to overcome. It's inherent within us and it doesn't shut off just because we want out. Even if you're inebriated, there is still too much room for failure.

I think you should research a bit more. This website provides a lot of useful and reliable information. I wish you an abundance of peace in the meantime.