• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Despite my previous posts regarding SN I was wondering if people could comment some useful resources aswell as the best places to look both on this site and wherever possible to get the clearest idea. I don't think I can go through with SN because my anxiety of will the police show is too bad. I would be constantly nervous thinking what if I get a call from my parents and they know. So I think hanging is the right choice as I can take my time with that, and don't have to worry about SN running outta stock and becoming difficult to get. I'm from the UK and people have said police have shown in the past for it.

PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
There's a hanging megathread that can be searched for here. Also there is http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/hanging/short-drop/simple-suspension

Position of the knot is an important consideration as where the knot is holds the least amount of pressure and the "bottom" of the noose applies the most pressure. Also the idea for a painless hanging is to compress the carotid arteries which for many people here is easier said than done. Familiarize yourself with where your carotid arteries are, look up the anatomy of the neck, check your pulse in those arteries.

Regardless of whatever you decide to do, I hope things go well for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Luman
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
The hardest thing is all the conflicting information - LostAllHope indicates the rope should go high up on the neck under the jaw, which would seem sensible as thats where I can feel the carotid and jugular arteries. Lower down, as some advocate near the adams apple, I cant feel any pulse Also, there, the rope is likely to slip higher and cause the trachea to be compressed - so more painful.

L

Lastyp

Mar 18, 2020
I tried with a rope, I padded with a towel, knot on left side of the jaw, kneeling down, created pressure, I wanted to bend knees further, but within 30 Seconds, left side of my body started shaking, and involuntary sounds coming from mouth, I was not afraid of dying but was terrified by involuntry strange body movement, May be partial suspension is not for me, I have to go for short drop

PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I tried with a rope, I padded with a towel, knot on left side of the jaw, kneeling down, created pressure, I wanted to bend knees further, but within 30 Seconds, left side of my body started shaking, and involuntary sounds coming from mouth, I was not afraid of dying but was terrified by involuntry strange body movement, May be partial suspension is not for me, I have to go for short drop

I looked up what happens when a carotid artery is blocked due to plaques and there are no symptoms until 70-100% blockage and the symptoms then are mini-strokes. Which means that what you experienced was a mini-stroke and you were successful in closing off one of your carotid arteries. I haven't tried the knot on the left yet but I've read that it is a popular place to put the knot and have seen pictures of successful partial hangings with the knot on the left. Maybe the idea is to have the mini-stroke and weaken oneself enough to fall into the noose more or just faint into it. I wish it was easier to just compress both arteries at the same time.

Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
I've had this same problem more than a dozen times. I agree, it doesn't make it any easier with all the conflicting information on where to put the noose (I've heard right under the jaw, roughly in the middle of the Adam's apple, and even the noose needs to be touching your collar bone) I don't know what to do anymore either so I understand. I suppose it's luck as to whether or not your are able to constrict your carotid artery??

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I've had this same problem more than a dozen times. I agree, it doesn't make it any easier with all the conflicting information on where to put the noose (I've heard right under the jaw, roughly in the middle of the Adam's apple, and even the noose needs to be touching your collar bone) I don't know what to do anymore either so I understand. I suppose it's luck as to whether or not your are able to constrict your carotid artery??

I too have had problems with this. Four failed attempts on my part. However, I later found more information and I think I would be more successful if I tried again. I would imagine that everyone has the ability to pass out from this, it's just that it's more difficult for others. Maybe because the carotid artery is located deeper within the neck than others? So I would say that it just takes practice and patience.