• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

takeru445

Jun 7, 2018
When I tried partial (number 2 in this pic https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c ) i just got the massive blood pressure in head/red face. I tried it a few times and I kept stopping because I did it for a good 10 seconds and didn't feel my vision fade. I didn't wanna keep going because I was afraid I would be left with some serious damage to myself but not actually die/passout..
I guess this means the jugular veins are stopped but not the carotid arteries? But I really do feel like I put a lot of pressure on so I dont know what the problem was.

Are you supposed to keep going even tho it feels your head will pop? Anyone who managed to pass out before from this pls help. thanks

Reactions: shadow11
N

nuclearsnake

Student
Jul 11, 2018
Yes, it means you're not applying enough pressure. Use a thin rope (I have a 7mm one). I've heard right under the jaw is the best position. Don't think you're supposed to feel much pain once you've managed the carotid arteries.

It seems to me that this is really the hardest part when it comes to partial hanging or the one people struggle with the most.

Reactions: agreement and lv-gras
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
Maybe try it with a scarf or something, just wrap it round your neck and pull tight with your arms, if shit starts getting weird then you hit the carotid, if your head fills up, let go and try somewhere else.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, agreement and skitliv
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
When they do it in the videos, it seems always so easy.
Thinner rope also for me.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
MLongshaw

MLongshaw

Student
Aug 5, 2018
you could try and experiment with different places on your neck until you find the right spot

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, it means you're not applying enough pressure. Use a thin rope (I have a 7mm one). I've heard right under the jaw is the best position. Don't think you're supposed to feel much pain once you've managed the carotid arteries.

It seems to me that this is really the hardest part when it comes to partial hanging or the one people struggle with the most.
Is an 11 mm rope small enough

D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
If I understand correctly, it should have a direct effect on the heart rate.
I wont post any links here because of the spam filters, you just Wiki/Goog - "Carotid sinus massage"

Quote:

Rubbing the carotid sinus stimulates an area in the artery wall that contains nerve endings. These nerves respond to changes in blood pressure and are capable of slowing the heart rate.

The patient will be asked to lie down, with the neck fully extended and the head turned away from the side being massaged. While watching an electrocardiogram monitor, the doctor will gently touch the carotid sinus. If there is no change in the heart rate on the monitor, the pressure is applied more firmly with a gentle rotating motion. After massaging one side of the neck, the massage will be repeated on the other side. Both sides of the neck are never massaged at the same time.

Carotid sinus reflex death is a potential etiology of sudden death in which manual stimulation of the carotid sinus allegedly causes strong glossopharyngeal nerve (Vagus nerve is for aortic arch baroreceptors) impulses leading to terminal cardiac arrest. Carotid sinus reflex death has been pointed out as a possible cause of death in cases of strangulation, hanging and autoerotic strangulation, but such deductions remain controversial.
-

But vagus (as in "vagrant") nerve is called so for a reason - it's not that easy to find where it is hiding..
I couldnt do it on myself, more practice is needed.

Reactions: shadow11
MLongshaw

MLongshaw

Student
Aug 5, 2018
I wont post any links here because of the spam filters, you just Wiki/Goog - "Carotid sinus massage"

Quote:

Rubbing the carotid sinus stimulates an area in the artery wall that contains nerve endings. These nerves respond to changes in blood pressure and are capable of slowing the heart rate.

The patient will be asked to lie down, with the neck fully extended and the head turned away from the side being massaged. While watching an electrocardiogram monitor, the doctor will gently touch the carotid sinus. If there is no change in the heart rate on the monitor, the pressure is applied more firmly with a gentle rotating motion. After massaging one side of the neck, the massage will be repeated on the other side. Both sides of the neck are never massaged at the same time.

Carotid sinus reflex death is a potential etiology of sudden death in which manual stimulation of the carotid sinus allegedly causes strong glossopharyngeal nerve (Vagus nerve is for aortic arch baroreceptors) impulses leading to terminal cardiac arrest. Carotid sinus reflex death has been pointed out as a possible cause of death in cases of strangulation, hanging and autoerotic strangulation, but such deductions remain controversial.
-

But vagus (as in "vagrant") nerve is called so for a reason - it's not that easy to find where it is hiding..
If you find your pulse, on your neck (easier with couple fingers for me) until you find a pulse, move a little above that and massage that area. I did that for 20 seconds and already felt some pain in my chest

Reactions: DeepSleep and shadow11
MLongshaw

MLongshaw

Student
Aug 5, 2018

Quote:

-

Are you saying this is a possible method to ctb? It's a new one for me

Reactions: DeepSleep
N

NoHope

Aug 7, 2018
I've had that happen to me. I think that means you are putting most pressure on the jugular veins, as opposed to the carotid arteries. You should eventually pass out from this if you put more pressure, but it's going to be more painful than if you just compressed the carotid arteries. You need to adjust the rope or maybe try a different position, so that you can find "the right spot" on your neck where you are compressing the carotid arteries as well. As far as I know, when you compress them, you should hardly feel any pain at all.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I've had that happen to me. I think that means you are putting most pressure on the jugular veins, as opposed to the carotid arteries. You should eventually pass out from this if you put more pressure, but it's going to be more painful than if you just compressed the carotid arteries. You need to adjust the rope or maybe try a different position, so that you can find "the right spot" on your neck where you are compressing the carotid arteries as well. As far as I know, when you compress them, you should hardly feel any pain at all.[/QUOTE arent the carotid kind of bind the jugulars

Reactions: lv-gras
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Think I messed up aren't the carotid behind the jugulars

MLongshaw

MLongshaw

Student
Aug 5, 2018
Think I messed up aren't the carotid behind the jugulars
You should be able to tell when you get the right ones, should be out in 10. Was so determined earlier I was red faced and bursting for 30 before I finally went out.. sadly still regained consciousness

Reactions: shadow11 and lv-gras