S

slj25

Aug 15, 2020
I've been a bit lost on which way to ctb. In my room (at a dorm) I have a hook that's roughly 6 feet off the floor that I've been practicing partial suspension on with a necktie and kneeling down but I just can't seem to make it work. I bought a rope but it was much too long so I cut a bit of it but I think this ruined it because now the knots aren't really tight anymore lol. I could buy a new rope but what should the width/length be and what type of rope? As for full suspension, I've got a fire sprinkler in my room that I've managed to my necktie to once or twice and practice partial with it, but again nothing doing. I'm scared if I try use it for full that the necktie would break (most likely) or that I'll break the sprinkler and that would be really bad. Is there something else I could Buy and attach to Ceiling for full Suspension or should I just try and stick to partial?

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeSucks39, Xiaomi, leiche and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A sprinkler pipe is strong. A sprinkler head is not.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, slj25 and Xiaomi
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
From what I heard here and other sites full is better than partial.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Leshen, rundschlinge78 and 3 others
S

slj25

Aug 15, 2020
From what I heard here and other sites full is better than partial.
Yeah I'd like to do full, but I don't really have anything in my room that I could use. Do you know if there's something I could buy maybe to use?

Reactions: Xiaomi and death137
valentine

valentine

Student
Apr 2, 2019
Maybe try a pull-up bar? There are ones you can set up in doorways. And obviously they'll support your full weight.

Reactions: slj25 and Xiaomi
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Yeah I'd like to do full, but I don't really have anything in my room that I could use. Do you know if there's something I could buy maybe to use?
I don't know what you can buy as an attachment for the rope. Why don't you test the strength of sprinkler by swinging at it with a rope? If you see sign that it might break or passed the exam but just scared that it might break then I suggest you look for other place.

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I think an industry grade rope would be strong, I'm not researched in hanging but most industry grade items are designed to last. Some may even say the weight they can hold. Maybe search that?

leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
my friend did full using the belt. you may try it if you have one

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeSucks39, slj25 and Xiaomi
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I've been practicing partial suspension

• Love
Reactions: LifeSucks39, slj25 and Xiaomi
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
I would go with partial. I don't really like that thing about breaking your neck on full. I'd rather just faint in partial. Also gives room to practice. Just balance your preferences. If u are strong enough, both will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, LifeSucks39, slj25 and 1 other person
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
you wont break your neck with full except for drop hanging. Full is sure death as long as you make sure you wont be found in time. it might cause some pain. partial might work or it might not. it didnt work for me couple of times. if you have time enough time to try couple times you can try partial if it dont work you can try again. if you need to be gone for sure go with full. it might hurt but you will be gone.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Leshen, slj25 and 1 other person
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Partial is the way to go. I feel like there's some dignity in partial hanging. Fading into the darkness would feel more comfortable than just dropping and -poof- dead.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Natty, Lone_Gray_Wolf and 2 others
S

slj25

Aug 15, 2020
Maybe try a pull-up bar? There are ones you can set up in doorways. And obviously they'll support your full weight.
Sorry if I sound stupid, but how does the pull up bar work in doorways? I was thinking you would have to like hammer the thing in to a wall or something.
I don't know what you can buy as an attachment for the rope. Why don't you test the strength of sprinkler by swinging at it with a rope? If you see sign that it might break or passed the exam but just scared that it might break then I suggest you look for other place.
Yeah I don't know about using the sprinkler, it seems really flimsy and I was only just able to tie my necktie through this gap that's in it. My rope was too thick and wouldn't fit through. I'd love to CTB from the comfort of my room but there are limited options, especially for hanging.
I think an industry grade rope would be strong, I'm not researched in hanging but most industry grade items are designed to last. Some may even say the weight they can hold. Maybe search that?
There's a hardware store near me that sells all sorts of ropes and things. You reckon a nylon rope would cut it? How long? The necktie I'm using is 1.5 metres. And what about width, would 10mm be good?
my friend did full using the belt. you may try it if you have one
sorry if I'm being intrusive, but do you know if it was full suspension or partial. I've got a belt I tried on the hook once but couldn't really get the knots and things tight enough. I know Robin Williams hung himself with a belt. I wonder if he was full or partial, or Tried practicing with it before he went like I am.
I've been practicing partial suspension
me too, but really struggling to get it to work. I can feel my pulse on my neck so I know the carotid arteries are there, but I try pushing down on them and nothing, no blurry vision or dizziness or anything.
I would go with partial. I don't really like that thing about breaking your neck on full. I'd rather just faint in partial. Also gives room to practice. Just balance your preferences. If u are strong enough, both will work.
Like Phil122 says, I think you break your neck with long drops, that's how executions worked back in the day. But yeah I've been trying with partial, but I can't really find good positions for me to be in and locations to hang from. And also aren't able to properly find the arteries.
you wont break your neck with full except for drop hanging. Full is sure death as long as you make sure you wont be found in time. it might cause some pain. partial might work or it might not. it didnt work for me couple of times. if you have time enough time to try couple times you can try partial if it dont work you can try again. if you need to be gone for sure go with full. it might hurt but you will be gone.
yeah partial seems so ideal to me, but I can't seem to make it work. I'm not too worried about the pain if I'm honest, but I just don't have anything that could be used for full suspension in my room. Is there something else you think that I could use? Someone else recommended pull up bar.
Partial is the way to go. I feel like there's some dignity in partial hanging. Fading into the darkness would feel more comfortable than just dropping and -poof- dead.
i agree, id like partial to work, but I can't really seem to. I've read a lot on this site about it, but a lot of people have different methods and things like that. Some people say put the noose above Adam's apple, some say below etc. and I see a lot of people with the same problems as me, that they can feel their pulse but if they push down nothing happens.

Thanks for the replies people, appreciate it

Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Yeah I don't know about using the sprinkler, it seems really flimsy and I was only just able to tie my necktie through this gap that's in it. My rope was too thick and wouldn't fit through. I'd love to CTB from the comfort of my room but there are limited options, especially for hanging.
I wish you the best.