I

isthisit

Aug 20, 2020
Hi !
I've been attempting partial for a few weeks now but I just can't seem to get the sweet spot. I've read the megathread and I still can't get it!
I'm really struggling and life isn't just raining on me - it's pouring. I'm at a loss of what to do now. Any tips how I can find the sweet spot?
I've recently had a rhinoplasty ( 8 weeks ago ) and my breathing isn't great still - when I get into the position it puts immense pressure on my nose and breathing becomes really heavy is this normal?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
You just have to practice. It took me forever to find my 'sweet spot'. If you practice for extended periods, I think it causes your neck to swell up and the carotid arteries to sink into your neck. It can make it harder to find the sweet spot in that case. I had to take breaks in between practice. The angle you lean at also effects it, as well as the knot positioning.

Breathing can become weird if you put enough pressure on the windpipe. I don't know for sure about the whole rhinoplasty nose pressure thing though, sorry. Maybe someone else would know the answer to that. You definitely can get pressure in your face and skull area.

How sure are you that you want to die? Practicing can be dangerous if you secure the rope while practicing. Keep in mind that being found early is risky(not trying to turn you off of this method, just a heads up).

Best wishes.

Reactions: Ramirez
I

isthisit

Aug 20, 2020
You just have to practice. It took me forever to find my 'sweet spot'. If you practice for extended periods, I think it causes your neck to swell up and the carotid arteries to sink into your neck. It can make it harder to find the sweet spot in that case. I had to take breaks in between practice. The angle you lean at also effects it, as well as the knot positioning.

Breathing can become weird if you put enough pressure on the windpipe. I don't know for sure about the whole rhinoplasty nose pressure thing though, sorry. Maybe someone else would know the answer to that. You definitely can get pressure in your face and skull area.

How sure are you that you want to die? Practicing can be dangerous if you secure the rope while practicing. Keep in mind that being found early is risky(not trying to turn you off of this method, just a heads up).

Best wishes.

Thank you - so if my breathing's weird because of the pressure on the wind pipe that's a good thing ?
I am really sure - I've been trying different various ways for years and I really think this is the best option for me.

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Thank you - so if my breathing's weird because of the pressure on the wind pipe that's a good thing ?
I am really sure - I've been trying different various ways for years and I really think this is the best option for me.
Hey. No problem.
It's not necessarily a good thing. It depends on your position. Most people whom do partial prefer to NOT put pressure on their windpipe, because it would be MORE peaceful to blood the carotids, without blocking the windpipe. It does depend on neck thickness, rope thickness, and the position as to how much pressure you have to put.

Once you pass out, it'll likely somewhat compress the windpipe anyways. But while you're conscious, it's nice to not suffocate.