R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
Will fan work as a suspension point in partial hanging...coz I don't seem to find other strong point in my house.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
The best way I've heard people mentioning this is you need to test whatever you tie the rope to. The easiest way is to put your full body weight on it. Like grab on with your hands and lift up. But depending on how it was Installed that may not hold weight. I'm sure others can mention more about this.

Reactions: Hurt and darksideofthebright
R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
The best way I've heard people mentioning this is you need to test whatever you tie the rope to. The easiest way is to put your full body weight on it. Like grab on with your hands and lift up. But depending on how it was Installed that may not hold weight. I'm sure others can mention more about this.
What if I don't have access to rope

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
There are other items you can use but I would recommend testing them: the resource section mentions a few things

Reactions: darksideofthebright and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020

Oh Ruby, you really do need to plan this if you're serious. What do you have that you could use instead of rope? :aw:

Reactions: Throwmyselfaway, flatearth and darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
This is not exactly my method of choice, but from what I've seen, ceiling fan is not always the most reliable place to hang. There can be many different strong points that I have seen people mentioning, this can be from door knobs, the bar in the wardrobe (if you have one), window frame/handles (also if you have access to them).

But you do need some sorts of rope/belt. Don't go for cable because apparently, they will easily get snapped. :aw: Scarves or some sort of fabric can also work, just make sure they aren't too thick.

• Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Throwmyselfaway
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Reactions: darksideofthebright and Throwmyselfaway
R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
This is not exactly my method of choice, but from what I've seen, ceiling fan is not always the most reliable place to hang. There can be many different strong points that I have seen people mentioning, this can be from door knobs, the bar in the wardrobe (if you have one), window frame/handles (also if you have access to them).

But you do need some sorts of rope/belt. Don't go for cable because apparently, they will easily get snapped. :aw: Scarves or some sort of fabric can also work, just make sure they aren't too thick.
I HV got window frame bt it's not quite round it has edges like rectangular
A necktie won't be long enough if you want to attach it to ceiling fan.
No I want to complete partial hanging method by really not able to imagine things tht I may use

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
I HV got window frame bt it's not quite round it has edges like rectangular
I don't think it matters what shape the window frame is in, as long as it can hold your weight, it should work.

Once again, I would really advise you to look at the megathread for hanging, because the discussions there have been from people with a lot of knowledge on this method.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I'm bowing out. You're very young Ruby... nobody here should be helping you to ctb.

Reactions: adam&eve, All washed up and darksideofthebright
R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
I don't think it matters what shape the window frame is in, as long as it can hold your weight, it should work.

Once again, I would really advise you to look at the megathread for hanging, because the discussions there have been from people with a lot of knowledge on this method.
I saw bt wasn't able to understand much
I'm bowing out. You're very young Ruby... nobody here should be helping you to ctb.
No amnt so young

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020

hmm, I doubt that very much, you're still at school. Anyway, if others want to advise you, that's fine, but I personally view this as encouraging you to ctb, as you haven't researched your chosen method, and you seem too desperate. I wish you well.

Reactions: All washed up, Throwmyselfaway and darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
A lot of us got are aware of partial hanging through that megathread, so if that doesn't make sense to you, I highly doubt that what we tell you from here on will make sense to you either.

I am so sorry that we cannot help you this way or with this manner. As @I'm fragile said, you haven't done enough research and it shows. I absolutely do not want to upset you in any ways, but that thread is really extensive.

• Love
Reactions: All washed up, Throwmyselfaway and x~Sophia~x